Seaworlds New Kids Area Announced

Cooper Olsen

I think if they are going to do a Krusty Krab themed food store, then it should be a seperate place within the area, that sells kids food. I feel the dockside tavern should just received a facelift. If they do change it to fit the theme of the area, then so be, and it isn't a bad idea, just I feel they should keep it as it. 

Anyone wanting beer could still get one at the bars in the resort. 

While we're at it - let's just close down Wild West Falls in Movie World? Anyone wanting to get wet can still do so at Wet N Wild.

Dreamworld should follow this move - closing down the log flume, rapids, and flow rider, since guests can still get wet at WhiteWaterWorld.

Or if you intend this only to relate to alcohol - then perhaps they should close the Dirty Harry Bar and Rick's Cafe - as guests can buy alcohol at Wet N Wild also.

The park and the resort might be owned by the same company, but they are complimentary yet competing businesses. You may not see the value in the park offering an alcoholic beverage within the park boundaries - but no-one in their right mind is going to say 'i feel like a beer with my lunch - let's leave the park'... if you drive them to the resort for a drink with lunch - chances are they'll head elsewhere instead - where pricing is lower - such as the yacht club just down the road... or they won't order alcohol with their lunch. In the food and beverage industry - the food isn't where you make your money - its the beverage. So not offering attractive alcoholic options (which you can markup to the hilt) severely limits your income potential.

While they're at it they can close some shops to build another burger shop and anyone who wants souvenirs can buy them from Movie World.  Or they can have a good f&b mix in park.  Just a crazy thought.  What I don't get is why they can't find a way to license bits of the top Terrace/Castaway Bay.  Dreamworld have alcohol sales at a lot of outlets around the park, as do most 'destination' parks, but the Village parks don't even license the bits that would really suit it.  

Every time I've been to the Dockside Tavern, the view from the balcony always makes me feel like I'm on holidays. What better way to celebrate feeling like you're on a tropical vacation then with a beer and fish 'n' chips? 

If they took that away, I think I'll be pretty saddened. I don't drink alcohol anywhere else in any theme park except for the Dockside for that reason. A cheap 'n' nasty Krusty Krab could not and would not trump the serenity of the balcony at the tavern.

In saying that, I'm not opposed to them opening a Krusty Krab. If they executed it in a similar fashion to Krusty Burger at Universal Studios then I'll be very happy. I just don't think that getting rid of one of the only places to buy alcohol in the park (could it be the only one?) that has a killer view of the surrounds for a grease trap is a good idea.  I agree with Joz and Pushbutton in the sense that the food offerings need to be improved and it could do with a rehabilitation, however. While the balconies are great, the interior is a little.... dated...

Also, got an email saying that Unlimited Membership Holders will get access to a member-only preview event of Nickelodeon land.

Thinking about this...  Member-only preview event...  How many people would have jumped at the $9 a month deal and now be members...  If it is not limited which given the fact it is for members so all have to be given the opportunity...  I think I might wait until it is open to everyone as there will probably be less people then...

Sort of like how MW Fright Nights were not that busy (compared to now) until they gave the VIP get free entry...

I see your point, but doubt it will be a packed out busy time. Like the launch of Dreamworks at Dreamworld, the preview is likely to be out of hours, and likely on a weekday.

I'm pretty sure Dreamworld DID limit the numbers of people who were invited, but I think say - a tuesday night during school term might limit the amount of people able to avail themselves of such an offer.

it is good to see VRTP finally recognising the value of their loyal membership base, and offering more than a 'token' offering of 'exclusivity'.

Well it looks like we're getting two rides definitely themed to Spongebob. Either a demolition derby or tea cup ride with Jellyfish styled vehicles, as well as a Rockin' Tug themed around a bus. 

Breath_of_a_Fresh_Squidward.thumb.JPG.d1

This is shaping up to be pretty good. Even though I'm not in the target demographic, I know that when I go to Sea World once the new additions are opened I will definitely be riding a couple of them.