Seaworlds New Kids Area Announced

Cooper Olsen

I was down the coast yesterday, so popped into SW at around 3pm, it was definitely not open, and didn't look like it would be happening in the next few days.  Kids were told before getting there it wasn't likely to be happening, they got over it.  Fairly quiet crowd for the first weekend of the school holidays, the kids had a few rides on Vikings Revenge, and the rest of the time we just looked at animal exhibits.  It was the first visit in a few years that one of the polar bears was doing something other than sleeping when we were looking in, so that was cool.  

having a look at the photos it appears  that we have a names for two of the rides in Nickelodeon Land. according to the sign of the attraction of the Kid's Roller Coaster, the attraction is due to be called "SpongeBob's Boating School Blast" the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ride in the third photo is due to be called "Ultimate Ninja Flyers" 

i quickly went into SW today (the park was very busy, with quite long queues for the rides) to check out progress and see if there was anything else I could comment on. I couldn't really get photos of anything else other than the ones posted yesterday, due to machinery, vegetation and workers. It appears that all pathways are complete, vegetation is in (there is quite a bit with a number of palm tree around the area). I couldn't remember the names of the rides, but 3 of the rides are spongebob themed, one TMNT and one Dora the Explorer. The area is looking very good overall. I would say by the looks of things it will be opening in the first week of October.

SW have posted on FB that Nickelodeon land is Now Open.

Ride names are: Dora’s Festiva Carousel, Boots’ Banana Bash, Bikini Bottom Crosstown Express, Patrick’s Jellyfish Frenzy, SpongeBob’s Boating School Coaster and Donatello’s Ninja Flyers.

Edited by themagician

^I would say that they still had that planned, but due to the delays and complaints by people of the advertising being apparently wrong (which I don't think it is, as it said 'opening these school holidays', it didn't say 'opening for the start of the school holidays'). And now people are complaining on FB because they weren't given notice about it opening today. When I went yesterday, from what I saw, I wouldn't have said it was going to open today.

Yeah the theming is great in the new area. I love the TMNT section in particular! They did really well doing it up, and it has life-sized statues of all 4 turtles surrounding it.

My family and I simultaneously went on the kiddy coaster, that was as fun as could be expected for the 2 laps it goes for. Was over pretty fast. Not sure if this is permanent or maybe just a school holiday thing, since the queues are obviously quite long atm. My 5 year old loved it regardless, came off it telling the operator that it was the "best ride ever" lol.

I particularly liked the new Spongebob orange submarine ride. It's also more intense than the Wiggles boat one at Dreamworld, it goes faster and also spins in circles as it sways from side to side, changing from anti-clockwise to clockwise halfway through. The jellyfish 'teacups' ride is kinda cool too, as they do a figure 8 path around each other instead of just the usual circle laps. As pushbutton mentioned, the TMNT cycle copter things are pretty cool as you have to pedal to go higher.

Loved the TMNT show, even if it didn't go for very long (10 mins?) it was still entertaining and pulled a pretty impressive crowd.

All in all I think Sea World should give themselves a big pat on the back for this one, even if they ran late opening it :):):)

Edited by OceanGirl

I went to SW this afternoon to check it out, and overall I'm impressed. I think the rides they've got are good, and theming of the space is also good. The park was busy, as expected, but the kids area was very busy. By the looks on kids faces they were enjoying the rides very much. Once the dockside tavern is done and they open up the connection between COTD and NL it will be good. The character statue/figurines that you can have photos with are really good.