Tower of Terror Original, will it ever return?

Andrewh

Does anyone know what happened to the original tower of terror shuttle car? The tower of terror 2 has been operating for the best part of five years now, and I'm just wondering if anyone suspects the old car to return?

Would DW practically be able to run two cars on the one track and alternate between cycles, or operate alternate hours or something similar?

Personally I dislike the new extended tunnel, and launching in reverse is fun but I'm still thinking I would prefer the original. I think the new tunnel was added to quieten the loud noise the ride makes, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Andrewh

Won't be happening any time soon or ever again most likely. The old car weighed a truckload more than the new one and would have required more power to launch such a heavy car. It would also be unfeasible / impossible for them to have a way of running alternating cycles with the car. The only way you will ever be riding ToT forwards again is if they reverse the new car or install back to back seating. But it won't happen.

In theory they could install a transfer track permitting both cars to run - but they'd also need to have the launch recalibrated so they could tell the ride computer which car was running.

All completely and utterly expensive and a waste of money in the scheme of things. Unlikely the transfer would ever be designed let alone built... and even if so - certainly not at dreamworld.

I believe the tunnel was a reaction to how close the Motocoaster was built to the TOT and the noise complaints by queuing guests and staff.

Yeah - because the Giant Drop can't even hear it.

Besides - how many guests do you think would complain about the noise of a ride they've come to ride? Unlikely.

I recall having to wait about an hour at the park to ride it one time as it had rained, and they had to dry out the modules track before they could launch... I imagine covering the track would reduce the amount of issues the weather would have on the ride.

Tell me about it.

Between running a business, supporting my family and all the other crap that life throws up, my stupid brain moved the 'Dreamworld park map' file to the 'non-immediately necessary to remember' folder.

It's all good, I've replaced the 'extended family birthdays' file from my memory with Gazza's picture so I'll never forget it again (sorry Uncle Dave & cousin Nick)

Edited by Brad2912

Won't be happening any time soon or ever again most likely. The old car weighed a truckload more than the new one and would have required more power to launch such a heavy car. It would also be unfeasible / impossible for them to have a way of running alternating cycles with the car. The only way you will ever be riding ToT forwards again is if they reverse the new car or install back to back seating. But it won't happen.

I wish DW would install seats facing forwards where the 2 back seats are.