Funfields new Ride/Attraction

Patrick Dove

Yep, new ride/attraction by the looks of it. Typhoon was the last attraction (great proslide waterslide btw) they added, back in late 2013, and there were no new attractions in the 2014-2015 season. So I assume they have been saving up for a new attraction for this summer coming.

I remember doing a survey about a year ago about future attractions. A couple of the options were wavepool, rollercoaster & lazy river. Fingers crossed for a coaster!

Didn't Funfields release a statement a while ago saying they weren't taking it on due to it's age and uncertainty in regards to reliability?

Yep that is correct. Funfields looked closely at Reef Diver but decided to pass, given the poor material condition of the ride overall.

Hi,

I noticed on the Funfields website it says:

"funfields is now closed. we will re open bigger and better on saturday 19th September 2015"

Is this an indication of a new Ride/Attraction coming to funfields? anyone have any info?

Am I the only one who thinks that this quote is kind of wishful thinking on absolute proof that the park is definitely getting a new attraction? To me , it feels like we are are reading a little too much into it. Certainly the park needs to continue to grow and a new attraction would be most welcome. I just have a few doubts whether anything new will materialise at this stage, without more solid evidence to go on.

@iwerks Yeah but Adventure World has a better climate than Funfields here in vic, and can afford to, unlike a park in Vic that is always susceptible to weather. Just look at the Typhoon slides constant delays in construction and opening due to weather.

I admit it is probably wishful thinking that funfields will add another major ride this year, but if they do, i would bet on a water ride as they are cheaper to build, run, etc.

• 5 months later...

Does Funfields even have enough money to install an attraction every 2 years?

Looks like they do! Funfields have just announced 3 new rides for this summer season.

3rides-footer-new.jpg

http://www.funfields.com.au/rides or their facebook https://www.facebook.com/Funfields/

1. Kraken Racer - A 4 lane ProSlide KrakenRACER waterslide.
  2. Berry Ferris Wheel - A Zamperla Mini Ferris Wheel
  3. Samba Balloon - A Zamperla Samba Balloon

The Kraken Racer looks like the most thrilling addition, and it's also the first of its kind in Australia. Pretty keen to give it a try, it looks pretty fast. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_w0JGtLGyo

As much as I want Funfields to add more thrilling ride additions, like a Gerstlauer coaster similar to Adventure World, it's great to see Funfields updating the park and adding new rides. And you have to remember that Funfields caters towards a family audience with smaller kids.

Edited by Luke

To be fair Funfeilds has called it the 'Kraken Racer', as opposed to just 'Kraken'. Plus I doubt the people who named the ride knew of the Kraken slide at Adenture World. I honestly think they just took the generic product name from Proslide and ran with it haha, cause it's exactly the same :)

Edited by Luke

To be fair Funfeilds has called it the 'Kraken Racer', as opposed to just 'Kraken'. Plus I doubt the people who named the ride knew of the Kraken slide at Adenture World. I honestly think they just took the generic product name from Proslide and ran with it haha, cause it's exactly the same :)

To be honest they should just stick water slides for now..... 

This looks like a great new addition to a smaller park and I'm very keen to go to the park next season!

• 3 weeks later...

If anybody is keen on seeing some unique construction photos of the Kraken Racer, head over to the latest Parkz Update:  http://www.parkz.com.au/update/2015/12/10/372-Funfields_2015.html

I was down on the weekend to check out the park. The slide was testing when I was there, with workers applying the finishing touches to landscaping, signage and the timing system. The park is looking better than ever, with new themeing and improved landscaping. It's exciting to see this small park grow consistently every year. Grand opening of the Kraken Racer is this Saturday.

Edited by Luke