VRTP Renewals

Brad2912

So when our passes were scanned into the entry booth at Seaworld today, we were handed 4 of these new "Great VIP Giveaway" scratch-it promotional thingies. We won a free game at Intencity @ Movieworld, 2x VIP express entry into the dolphin/seal shows at Seaworld, and.... a free adult annual pass for Paradise Country, valued at $49.95!

Bonus ???

post-1477-0-97048700-1432126323_thumb.jp

They also have codes on each of them which you enter into an online website for a chance to win 1 of 7 international holidays.

I like this new promotion already ???

Edited by OceanGirl

• 3 weeks later...

So I've managed to convince a bunch of friends that a trip to the Gold Coast is a good idea.

I'm just wondering about some policies concerning the VIP passes.

I've never had this problem myself because I can just enjoy relaxing in a theme park for the entire day, but I can imagine 4 GP teenagers getting real tired of Sea World after we've ridden Jet Rescue and Storm a few times each. There's no way I am missing out on the cred considering I haven't ridden Storm yet.

I was just wondering if we can go to Sea World in the morning then use our same VIP passes for Movie World in the afternoon.

Your VIP pass can be used to gain admission to all 3 parks once per day.

You should be mindful of this as if you intend on coming back to one of the parks in the afternoon after being there in the morning - you will need a pass-out stamp when you exit. Your pass will not let you back into the same park you've already been in.

You should be mindful of this as if you intend on coming back to one of the parks in the afternoon after being there in the morning - you will need a pass-out stamp when you exit. Your pass will not let you back into the same park you've already been in.

Last week my husband and I went to Seaworld in the morning to check out Creatures of the Deep. Picked the kids up from school that afternoon and then went back again so they could see it too. 

We told the lady at the ticket booth we had already been in that morning, she just sighted our passes and didn't scan them, only our kids' ones. 

So apparently it's not a rule they hold firmly. We've done the same thing at Dreamworld as well and they have let us back in on the same day, although they did tell us about the stamp out option for next time. 

^and that's probably down to good customer service and public relations - considering your photo is on the pass, they'd be able to see it was you. The turnstiles won't "reauthorise" you if you attempt to scan again to prevent the pass being used twice by two different people.

(so for those playing along at home - the lesson is to send the bogus person in first, and then have someone bring out the passes for the actual pass-holders... instead of the other way around....)

​This is what my intuition told me.

I could have worked it out myself if I went through the process of buying pseudo tickets up until I could read the T&Cs but I thought it would be easiest to ask on here.

Thanks guys!

​You are able to re-enter later in the day by scanning your pass again. Village has no limit as to how many times you enter each park, each day. However you will encounter this problem over at Dreamworld.

• 2 weeks later...

This is all my receipt says -

Your VIP Magic Pass has been renewed and is valid for use until 30 June 2016.

Your single day Bring-a-Friend-FREE ticket is available for collection from the ticket booths at the front gate. You must be present with your VIP Magic Pass and with your guest to collect their ticket and enter the park. Free single day ticket expires 30 June 2015.

THIS IS A RECEIPT ONLY AND IS NOT VALID FOR ENTRY. PLEASE USE YOUR VIP PASS FOR ENTRY.

I've bolded the parts not relating to the free ticket offer, there's nothing that says I need to go anywhere to get a new pass. 

Edited by westical

Nope - new photos 

Last year when I renewed they just put a sticker on it and let us walk off. Did they change it?

Not gonna renew this year, the rest of the year is big for me and I don't really have the time to do too many theme-parks. Hopefully will be back into it though next year (might even go the dreamworld route if they do some good things this year/next year)

Edited by Santa07