Movie World speculation and dreaming - 2015 edition

Brad2912

It has probably been in existence since the MW opened 24 years ago, just in different locations. Even though as far as I remember it has clearly been marked on the park map.

I remember when Seaworld had theirs in the small building near the Sea Lion arena entrance. Used to walk past it everyday to/from work. These days its used for animal adventures. No idea where the prayer room been relocated to now, I'm assuming somewhere near the park entrance. Not that I really care anyway as it really doesn't bother me the way it does others ?

all about location! (Besides - DHB always was a food outlet - so they aren't opening another one - they're kinda just expanding the one they have into a better offering)

Part of me loves whats happening here - the other part of me laments the loss of the facade that was "dirty harry bar".

Just leaving the park now, and there a few things to note

White Christmas prep is in full swing. Santa meet and greet appears to be fully set up, the Roxy Marque is also prepared. The lights are all strung up as well.

Remember the old Harry Potter store? Well it's returned, sort of. The Memoribilla store is now AT LEAST half Harry Potter releated merch. Wasn't there something to do with Universal and rights? That was my belief as to why the store closed.

Oh, and Green Lantern appears to be soft-opening with staff members. Saw quite a few riding this morning, however there was never a full load. Seems like they're taking baby steps.

Finally, I still can't tell just what the expansion by Rick's is. New seating area? Point of Service? Bar? Food Prep? I honestly have no clue.

Ricks or Dirty Harry? (i hadn't heard of any expansions near Rick's was all)

If you meant Dirty Harry - considering the kitchen in DHB is currently a hole in the wall (ie: very very small) expansions to the offering will need a bigger kitchen, so my bet is it'll be a diner kitchen type space, with service windows facing off it.

On 6/11/2015, 11:06:10, AlexB said:

when you consider the price of a burger, chips and a drink, if you're expecting charcoal grilled chicken and a beer for less than $30 - you're gonna have a bad time.

Wings are cheap as anything. if you cant get like 5 or 6 wings and a beer for under $30, it's just ridiculous. Even if you go over to west burgers and get a pulled pork roll and lattice chips, its still under $20 and is a LOT of food.

Actually, what would be amazing if you have a charcoal thing going is something tasty and fresh like some fajitas. Id be down for that for lunch instead of the usual choices.

The mezzanines must be for the expansion of storage or something they use in the maintenance areas on one side of the building. The other side of the looney toons building is junior driving school. Given the building heights and stuff inside, I can't see how they would be putting anything inside the upper levels of the building.

Can see soundstage 9 being built. They cleared all the land between outback spectacular (more specific, the service road for paradise country)  and the existing sound stages. Think I seem to remember it was a joint development with the state government for the commonwealth games? So it intends to be a multi use venue, with them putting squash courts or something in there. Afterwards it'll be utilised for film stages but also able to be leased by the government and council as needed? Maybe for things like carols and stuff.

Edited by Levithian

Looks fairly priced. I wish these guys would use premium potatoes to take these pictures so we could actually read the detail. I'd kind of hoped for a little more by way of the items on offer, given the succulent beef we saw in a photo recently, but it's nice that they've kept the 'original' nacho item - albeit tweaked - on the menu. I look forward to sampling this next time im there.

I went to MW mid week and walked past it, and it looks good. Despite it being an extension, it isn't enclosed and joined up with the existing Bar. Instead the building is just the kitchen, which can be seen through a window which covers the length of one side of the building, and the registers. There is still seating under shade sales. A connection between the new outside and inside Bar is done through a roof.