Movie World speculation and dreaming - 2015 edition

Brad2912

• 4 weeks later...

tmp_11680-Screenshot_2015-09-11-12-09-59

New 4D movie on the way... got an exclusive VIP screening invite for it last night. About time they got rid of that Rio one. Nothing worse than having to watch recycled footage from the movies, in poorly done 3D. Now we just have to hope they upgrade the motion experience as well in near future. Those chairs aren't exactly a smooth ride anymore ?

ETA: On another note, anyone else remember and miss the original 4D short film they played when MW first opened in the 90's? I remember it being one where two kids visiting the Hollywood Warner Bros. studios and are in a tour group with their family, anyway they sneak out of it and into a sound stage filled with props etc. They find a special machine which magically transports them into different classic movie scenarios, including some B&W golden oldies like "Dial M for Murder" etc.

It had a mind blowing 3D part at the end where coloured parrots used to fly out of the screen, you'd see everyone in the cinema reaching up trying to grab them.

WHY oh WHY don't they screen anything like that anymore??? Original filmed stuff, instead of the crummy recycled movie footage they use now?? And the special effects were a lot more believable back then as well.

Edited by OceanGirl

As both an alcoholic and a theme park fan, I can confirm that the upgrades to both bars is indeed, very pleasing.  As a pure theme park fan, a road runner cartoon for the Roxy is super exciting.  Not digging the 15min rehash of a feature film thing, glad they've decided to go with something better.  Now can we get something to replace that embarrassing little SpongeBob movie at Sea World?

• 2 weeks later...

SDSC should have reopened now after nearly a month of maintenance. Anyone ridden it since? Hoping they fixed cosmetics as well as working on the ride itself.

I rode the day it opened (19th) Nothing really changed, There is more lights inside the "spooky castle" part. No smoke still and nothing in the que building either 

Considering the efforts they've gone to to theme it out properly, rather than just make a separate stand alone building, i'd say they're trying to make this fit the bar because it will be part of it. I like the idea of them having a 'quick service' point, and that looks like what this will be. If it's a drink station - i'm happy with that - they do need some more soda points so you're not just buying bottles... expanding the 'free refill' option would be a great idea for the park.

I saw the new Looney Tunes 4D movie yesterday, and the whole family loved it, I think it's the best fit for the theatre they've had for many years.

I just wish they still had the pre-show video, and didn't they used to have several smaller TVs around the pre-show room too, which each played a part in the pre-show. In my opinon that was a major part of the whole experience which is now completely missing.