Movie World speculation and dreaming - 2015 edition

Brad2912

45 minutes ago, joz said:

I hate seeing other parks logos in the park, but that billboard is pretty inoffensive really.  I also like the 'Nothing beats the feeling' and the 'feels like summer' campaigns,  both of which are so much better than just slapping the word 'Magic' on everything.  

I was at Movie World today, and saw a big sign advertising not just the Village parks, but also Dreamworld and Whitewater world. Thought it was a bit 'generous' of them to allow that!

It's in the Wild West area on a billboard.

Tijuana Taxis? Seriously? Haha. Rushing in for that one!

reactive move to try and counter DW's extended hours. Fail.

how many rides of BSS and AA could you get in in the 90mins before the rest of the park opens? I reckon 10 AA and 20 BSS. Max 50 people in the park. 

Edited by Brad2912

On 26 December 2015 at 9:37 PM, Brad2912 said:

Tijuana Taxis? Seriously? Haha. Rushing in for that one!

reactive move to try and counter DW's extended hours. Fail.

how many rides of BSS and AA could you get in in the 90mins before the rest of the park opens? I reckon 10 AA and 20 BSS. Max 50 people in the park. 

On 26 December 2015 at 2:31 AM, pin142 said:

Given how Arkham is run if it is busy you may be unfortunate to only get one maybe two rides in.

I got into the park this morning at 8:30 on the dot and headed straight for AA. Did not see 1 other pass holder in the park till it opened at 9:30. Rode AA 17 times without getting out of my seat. The rain also made it super fun...

16 hours ago, downunder196 said:

I got into the park this morning at 8:30 on the dot and headed straight for AA. Did not see 1 other pass holder in the park till it opened at 9:30. Rode AA 17 times without getting out of my seat. The rain also made it super fun...

Sounds painfully similar to what I'd do if I was in your shoes.

18 hours ago, downunder196 said:

Oh your poor, poor legs.

But why AA when they could open Superman instead?

5 hours ago, Santa07 said:

Oh your poor, poor legs.

But why AA when they could open Superman instead?

1 hour ago, westical said:

My head can barely stand 1 ride on AA, let alone 17. 

Nah it wasn't too bad. I actually found it harder to ride Hot Wheels Sidewinder twice in a row than AA 17... I actually didn't even notice my legs being sore at all which was interesting. Probably because I was so caught up with the rain. I think there are 2 main reasons they use AA and not SE:

1. AA only has 1 train operating which can justify small crowds (in my case 1 person) compared to the 2 trains SE which would mean sending out 15+ empty trains.

2. AA would require less power to run than SE so it's understandable. For them to operate AA for an hour for 1 person was a good deal as is so I wasn't complaining.

Not to mention the staff required to run it... Arkham can run with 2 staff (Supervisor + Loader) Whereas Superman requires a entry host, 2 loaders, unloader and a supervisor at bare minimum (or if they really wanna mess with capacity in a horrendous way they can run with no unloader and have the 2nd loader unloading as well, which results in a staggering 5 trains sent every 30 minutes with 1 train running...)

On Wednesday, 6 January 2016 at 10:54 PM, downunder196 said:

Nah it wasn't too bad. I actually found it harder to ride Hot Wheels Sidewinder twice in a row than AA 17... I actually didn't even notice my legs being sore at all which was interesting. Probably because I was so caught up with the rain. I think there are 2 main reasons they use AA and not SE:

1. AA only has 1 train operating which can justify small crowds (in my case 1 person) compared to the 2 trains SE which would mean sending out 15+ empty trains.

2. AA would require less power to run than SE so it's understandable. For them to operate AA for an hour for 1 person was a good deal as is so I wasn't complaining.

Though it is a little easier to do that with soft over the shoulder restraints. If you'd done that with the old restraints, you'd probably still be in a coma LOL.

We got a few early rides on Arkham when we went just after Christmas, with the obligatory shout of "bonus helix" at the bonus helix. So much more bearable with the new restraints, and to think there was a time where you had to sit through that Lethal Weapon short in the theatre and get your brains bashed in.

I know some people disagree philosophically with this, but fast track on a busy day makes for a much better time.

I know it's now 2016, but we I wonder when we can expect an announcement about the new coaster based on previous patterns or should we just wait for that a week before it opens?

Looking at what Village Roadshow have done in previous year's, we'll get an announcement plenty of time before it opens. I'd presume we'd get a few teasers, maybe something to do with the theme pretty soon, and then a big announcement when construction starts and people are able to get an idea of what's being built.

31 minutes ago, Levithian said:

I imagine it's made more difficult if not already planned and the second train hasn't been checked to run or repaired if in service.

I don't think he was referring to a train in maintenance. He meant if the park became abnormally busier than expected and they wanted to cycle in the second train.