Theme Park Girl

Peter Brock race cars to be relocated to GC theme park

54 posts in this topic

http://www.mygc.com.au/news/peter-brock-race-cars-to-be-re-located-to-gold-coast-theme-park/

Well, I guess we now know what Dreamworld has planned with it's new V8/racecar attraction XD

I know it was irrational, but part of me was secretly hoping the Supercar attraction might have been a coaster:

DSC_0550.jpg

I'm gonna wait until the park actually announce the attraction and we know what it is before criticizing...

The cars could just be theming after all

Just what the GC needs. More Ford vs Holden bogans.

To be honest, considering one of the biggest annual events on the GC calendar is the GC600, the tie-in works well and will attract a lot of V8SC fans to the park while they're there - it's really a no brainer.

Hopefully they do make it more than just a viewing piece and theres actually an experience in there to work with that will keep people coming back...

Also - considering there are discussions about the withdrawal of Ford from the competition, the 'Ford vs Holden Bogan' is not your average racegoer these days.

What a let down. I'd rather pay an extra $100 a year for a yearly pass and see that money spent on fair dinkum rides not an exhibit. But I suppose if you are going to charge peanuts for entry, your going to get this sort of new attraction. Disappointed

Edited by Ryno

I must be the only one on these forms, that's actually looking forward to seeing this

Yes but theme park attractions have to appeal to a large portion of visitors, not just ones who like looking at parked V8 supercars.

That is a large experience it would fix in movie world studios but dreamworld would need a new building to house the cars cause I wouldn't expect them outdoors (to protect the cars from weather) will wait and see who is getting this and what area it will be

i don't see why there going to base a new attraction on v8 supercars when they have no real long term future

the holden vs ford days are over and alot of people have very little interest

I agree it's could end up a waste of space and money on something which is great around time v8 and on the Gold Coast but if it a full time attraction that isn't a ride, only a show for Peter Brock cars If they can add a coaster or family ride it would make sense without leaves a lot up in the air

Not sure if anyone's picked up on this yet, but in the monthly email from Dreamworld they mentioned "Motorsport ATTRACTIONS". Attractions, plural, as in more than one. Just because we get an exhibit doesn't mean that will be all. We may finally see MDMC given some love (or at least a bit of non-negative attention)