New HSD2 show at Movieworld this week

I remember (back in the olden days) the original show with the planted guy in the audience.

​The planted guy would be 'Rodney' in the hawaiian shirt from the Police Academy stunt show lol. You can see him in the start of this vid:

Anyone else think the name "Inner City Rush 500" sounds pretty bad? For some reason I feel like it could pass as the name for those Daytona games at basically every bowling alley.

​Lol yeah its a bit corny to say the least XD

On a side note, I totally kick ass at Daytona lol. Will never forget the day when, as a teen, I stood up to 3 random guys who decided to join my race at Timezone one day.... left them pretty miffed when I mopped them off the floor on the advanced track  ;)

So the new show starts today. Anybody off to MW to see it? Don't forget to give us a review on whether it's any good ?

Unfortunately I have work today so no theme parks for me... I do have tomorrow off however, so might wander down that way then to check out this new stunt show and see if it's any improvement on the last (fingers crossed) ???

It seems that the show is still called 'Hollywood Stunt Driver 2', so maybe the film they make is the Inner City 500 (that's if they are making a film in the show). I'm imagining that these two guys at the front would be the comedy part of the show. I'm really hoping it is an improvement on the last one. (photo source: theme park social network)

22402_840519912696285_891053492826086887

Shamu has been dead since 1971, but SeaWorld still use the name...

I think HWSD3 would probably be pushing the limit to be honest. Where do they stop? Do they change the name every time they drop \ add a character \ vehicle?

I don't think it matters. People who visit regularly will know what the show is. People who don't won't know anything about the former HWSD2... so it doesn't matter either way.

Ok well I'm gonna go against the grain and say I am disappointed with the new show. I mean they brought the storyline back and made a few corny attempts at humour with a couple of cops, but it's still just 20 minutes of burnouts. All the other good stunts have been pulled, such as the 3 cars balancing on 2 wheels simultaneously (which was my fave from HSD1) and the dummy car being shot in half. There were a couple of buggy jumps and a fireball but the rest was still just your run of the mill skidding around, 'near miss' stunts. 

Watch footage of the first one on YouTube again and you'll see how much is missing and how much better it was with an ongoing comic relief character (Marty) etc. 

My conclusion... better than the temp show, but still not as good as the first and nowhere near as good as Police Academy. 

image.thumb.jpg.a1fd392686b0a48566b15525

Edited by OceanGirl