What's worth checking out at Disney?

Trust me i spent 12 months planning my WDW vacation and one of the well known facts is that MK in the afternoon is a write off during busy periods. You use that period for meet and greets, parades and shows and low wait rides like carosel of progress and the railroad.

You will arrive at MK and have 45min to 90 min waits for all the E tickets and you will have a miserable time. you will be lucky to get in Thunder, space and HM and MK is not just about the coasters it would be a tragedy to go to MK without hitting Peter Pan and Pirates and in my opinion even small world.

Edited by Mort

Everyone just has to remember that Disney World isn't my whole trip, its just a part of it.

Totally understand that but you also dont want to have an awful time. Doesn;t matter if its the msallest part of your trip or the biggest you dont want to be stuck in MK peak crowds when you dont need to.

I'm wondering what you guys think?

help me out here!

What rides should I check out at Epcot and another park. 

Everyone just has to remember that Disney World isn't my whole trip, its just a part of it.  

Mate - we remember that. You told us. But you also asked what we think, and you asked us to help you out. You also asked what rides you should check out at Epcot and another park... In case you forgot - i've quoted you above.

The people who are giving you specific advice on what you're doing, or which order you're doing things in are giving you that advice based on lots of experience. Don't get angry at them because you can't do what they're telling you you should - get angry at the other people in your group who won't listen to reason.

Print out this thread - show it to them when you explain to them why you think you should hit MK first, Epcot in the afternoon and then back to MK later. You're already buying a park hopper (and wasting 1 day's admission in the process) so obviously there's a few screws loose in the collective group - when they could spend a day at each for the same money, or just bite the bullet, pick one park, and spend all day at it to save money on the 2 day hopper.

You're either appealing to those who are economically sensible, or those who are park-planning sensible. As it stands, your group is being neither.

By the sounds of things (as you mentioned previously) you're free to stick around MK until the Kiss Goodnight which occurs AFTER closing... So your group organisers are happy to be in the parks REALLY late... Why then - are you forced to stay with your group the entire day? Can you not arrange to meet them at the TTC? after closing? I bet if you talked to the others in your group, there'd probably be others who would want to do it differently too - you could then stay together so you weren't "on your own"....

I don't know - you ask for advice but argue with every piece given... something just doesn't seem right...

I'm going to be different here and say don't go to Magix Kingdom!

Go to studios or Animal Kingdom earlier and Epcot later. 

Why? Because MK is really no different to Disneyland except it's bigger and every attraction is inferior, and Wishes is just a Disney fireworks show. 

You can see everything that's at MK at Disneyland, and Disneyland is far easier to visit from Australia. 

The other parks are unique and you certainly can't take care of Epcot quickly because if you're just hitting rides you're entirely missing the point. The park has so much more to offer in World Showcase and Illuminations is a completely unique show. I wouldn't trade it for 'fireworks over a castle' when DL does that so much better anyway. 

You can see everything that's at MK at Disneyland, and Disneyland is far easier to visit from Australia. 

Yeah, I can see that, except the only problem is, I think this is going to be that I probably won't be going back overseas for a while. I would have loved to have gone to Hollywood Studios, except I want to try out some of the Mk attractions (Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, etc.).

If there's one more piece of advice I could give you, it would be to choose the parks that appeal to you the most. 

Whilst a lot of us on here can give advice and information all day long, such advice might not suit your wants. Do some research, watch some POVs and think about it. Heck, if you really want to make the day memorable, there is nothing but crowd levels stopping you from achieving four parks in one day!

Edited by JacobSibbald

• 2 months later...

Hey all!

As some of you know I have recently been to Disney World and I am home now, safe and sound. I will be doing a little bit of a trip report :D

So first of, I went to Epcot. I know what most of you said about going to MK first, however the lines were EXTREMELY busy already at MK and not at all at Epcot so we headed of there first. I didn't know this at first, but it was actually the long weekend or some public holiday over there when we went, so that would explain the waits at MK. Anyway's, after we got to the park, we all took lots of photo's of "the giant golf ball" as my friends referred to it (being the non-knowing theme park-ing teenagers they are xD). After that we headed straight to Test Track. There was a 55 minute wait in the normal line, then a 5 minute wait in the single rider's line, so (obviously) we took that line, and beat a hour wait! Test Track was amazing, the feeling of pure speed is great and everyone ended up mostly in the same car anyway! Next we did some wandering and found Innoventions and rode Sum of all thrills. Now this was really cool! Me and my buddy designed an amazingly intense ride and beat the other groups by far! Straight after Innoventions, we bought some (RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP) soda's and headed for the world showcase. One of the girls who was with us was in LOVE with japan, so of course we had to spend 45 minutes here. I was fine with that because it gave me some time for some awesome pictures and to relax and soak in the atmosphere! After the 45 minutes we took the boat back to Canada and headed into this MASSIVE shop just opposite Innoventions, I don't remember what it was called but it was amazing and we did most of our shopping here. It was about 11:30 by now so we headed back and took the monorail to MK.

Magic Kingdom

The lines had definitely died down by now so we went inside. We headed straight for the train station and took the old steam engine straight for Frontierland. We didn't head straight for Splash Mountain, but to the Fastpass area so we could book our fastpasses. After that we headed to Splash Mountain. We didn't use our fastpass for this as it was only a 50 minute wait and we DESPERATELY needed to get wet since it was really hot. After we got on we were very relieved to be on and a little bit wet from Slippin' falls! Let me just say that this is BEAUTIFULLY themed like every Disney ride and the animatronics were amazing! The last drop into the Brer Patch was awesome, and even a little bit of airtime! I bought a souvenir photo, however they were $25!! That did however include an online pass to get online copies of your photos, however talk about expensive! After that, it was about 12:30 so we headed to Fantasyland to grab a bite to eat (we would have gone on Big Thunder however it was closed and we also couldn't get FasPasses for that reason also. We ate at a Pinocchio restaurant and I got some chicken nuggets, fries and a coke. We checked back to see if Thunder Mountain was open but it wasn't so we headed of to Haunted Mansion. Beautiful ride, awesome concept and yet again AMAZING theming. I would have to say the Ballroom scene was my favourite (FUN FACT: Did you know that in the ballroom scene, the women ghosts actually lead the men ghosts when dancing?) After that I went to a beautifully themed tangled bathroom (xD) and we headed off to Frontierland again. We got a Mickey ice cream bar and what do you know, the ride opens up! We jump in line and its only a 5 minute wait! Beautiful coaster and I got the back seat because I heard that that is the best seat in the coaster. Some great pops of airtime and again, a beautifully themed ride. We walked back to Fantasyland and jumped on the Carousel because it was practically a walk-on. After that we headed over to Tomorrowland and straight to Space Mountain, since we had Fastpasses for that. It was practically about a 5 minute fastpass wait which wasn't too bad. The whole experience was amazing and the track and corners and drops were spectacular! It's probably my favourite coaster of all time and DEFINITELY my favourite Indoor Coaster of all time. I loved the idea of the Video Games in the queue line and it seemed to keep the people waiting entertained! I also got a ride photo on this one. We had a quick ride on Astro-Orbiter and it was about 4pm then so we exited the park and took the Monorail to Blizzard Beach!

Blizzard Beach

We came here instead of Typhoon Lagoon sheerly for Summit Plummit and thats what we headed straight for. 10 of us headed up, 8 chickened out. It was me and my other friend. Let me just say that it was the most intense water slide I have ever been on and probably the most intense ride Disney has ever built! After that amazing experience we did Crush and Slusher Gusher (I dont even know lol). And went home, since it closes at 5pm.

Magic Kingdom (again)

We then took the Monorail back to Magic Kingdom and did Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. This ride was absolutely awesome! Theming was yet again amazing but a 75 minute wait, WHAT!?!?!? It was very interesting to ride a coaster like that with swinging cars and was very cool! After we finished that it was about 7:00 so we got a bite to eat and sat down for a while (since we were all tired of walking so we sat down and watched the fireworks afterwards. We then re-did Splash Mountain because I heard that its a completely different experience at night. We got stuck for about 5 minutes this time! After that we went around shopping and what not until it was time for the Kiss Goodnight. It started and I could only stand there in awe, not taking photos or videos, just standing there.  Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, on behalf of everyone here at the Magic Kingdom, we thank you for joining us today for a magic gathering of family, friends, fun, and fantasy. We hope your magical journey with us has created wonderful memories that will last a lifetime. Walt Disney said that the Magic Kingdom is a world of imagination, hopes, and dreams. In this timeless land of enchantment, magic and make believe are reborn, and fairy tales come true. The Magic Kingdom is a place for the young and the young at heart. A special place where when you wish upon a star, your dreams can come true. Until we see you again, have a safe trip home. Thank you, and goodnight. It was the most amazing and the most magical experience of my life so far and was just unexplainable and amazing, the perfect way to end a perfect day!

That day was amazing and would kill to do it again. At the US Space and Rocket Centre, they also had a S&S Space Shot as well as a Gravitron type ride called G-Force. They were amazing also. Disney World was truly one of the most magical experiences I've ever had and it's really amazing that such a small dream by one man could have such an Impact on the whole world. I hoped you enjoyed reading my trip report! I do have a roller coaster YouTube channel and will link that when I start posting.

Bye for now :D