Disneyland 2016

Go look at my Topic (What's worth checking out at Disney). You'll get all you need there :)

Don't do this. This will only confuse you even more. Walt Disney World is not Disneyland.

Disneyland and DCA need 3 days minimum to get absolutely everything done. January is one of the quietest times of the year, bar MLK day which is very busy from what I've heard. 

I think you need to be more specific in your questions - there's too much to tell!

Just Disneyland or other parks in SoCal?

How long do you have?

Is there anything else you have to do (family) or other people you need to take into account?

As stated above - we need some more info before we can offer much... that said - these threads occur every few months so there's probably all the advice you need in those other threads too.... but if you tell us a bit more about who you are, who you're travelling with, what you like to do and what you're interested in.... and maybe we can work with that...

Long time lurker, first time poster :P

have done Anaheim thrice and Orlando once - and certainly want to go back. Disney put on a great show - in my experience the biggest issues are the other guests (lots of them, rude behaviour ect) the actual product Disney put together is amazing. Certainly avoid the other thread as Anheim and Orlando are SUPER different

I would say it isn't 110% maximum thrills at every ride. Certainly some thrilling rides - Six Flags, Knotts and to a lesser extent Universal all cover off thrills "better" than Disney IMO, what Disney does well is brilliant rides, with well delivered story and awesome theming. As I say, rides such as California Screamin, Space Mountain etc are certainly thrilling though!

I have no affiliation, only a satisfied user, but recommend the unofficial guide to Disneyland  (Amazon it, 2016 guide is due in August so 2015 guide should be like $10) and the related website touring plans.com (lots of maths and uber-downtothedamnsecond planning, but if you look past that lots of helpful insight and ideas) - hope that promotion is ok with the admins!

I agree with JacobSibbald above, 3 days is ideal. Once I did Disneyland, with all rides open, in about 6 hours (arrived at 3pm, left at 9pm - also park hours are awesome, you can do thing like turn up mid afternoon if need be, or take a break at midday when parks are open 8/9am to midnight). Tickets are expensive-ish, but as you add days the cost per day falls (ie if you have an afternoon flight it might cost you very little to add an extra day to your ticket and spend the morning getting in "one more ride"). I would say park hopper option is nearly mandatory for Anheim as the parks are literallay next door (think dream world/whitewater world) and allows you to ride or reside whatever takes your fancy (and to maximise the fastpass system)  

Happy to answer any questions you might have - I've had many wonderful experiences at Disney parks and hope others can to!

Long time lurker, first time poster :P

have done Anaheim thrice and Orlando once - and certainly want to go back. Disney put on a great show - in my experience the biggest issues are the other guests (lots of them, rude behaviour ect) the actual product Disney put together is amazing. Certainly avoid the other thread as Anheim and Orlando are SUPER different

I would say it isn't 110% maximum thrills at every ride. Certainly some thrilling rides - Six Flags, Knotts and to a lesser extent Universal all cover off thrills "better" than Disney IMO, what Disney does well is brilliant rides, with well delivered story and awesome theming. As I say, rides such as California Screamin, Space Mountain etc are certainly thrilling though!

I have no affiliation, only a satisfied user, but recommend the unofficial guide to Disneyland  (Amazon it, 2016 guide is due in August so 2015 guide should be like $10) and the related website touring plans.com (lots of maths and uber-downtothedamnsecond planning, but if you look past that lots of helpful insight and ideas) - hope that promotion is ok with the admins!

I agree with JacobSibbald above, 3 days is ideal. Once I did Disneyland, with all rides open, in about 6 hours (arrived at 3pm, left at 9pm - also park hours are awesome, you can do thing like turn up mid afternoon if need be, or take a break at midday when parks are open 8/9am to midnight). Tickets are expensive-ish, but as you add days the cost per day falls (ie if you have an afternoon flight it might cost you very little to add an extra day to your ticket and spend the morning getting in "one more ride"). I would say park hopper option is nearly mandatory for Anheim as the parks are literallay next door (think dream world/whitewater world) and allows you to ride or reside whatever takes your fancy (and to maximise the fastpass system)  

Happy to answer any questions you might have - I've had many wonderful experiences at Disney parks and hope others can to!

sorry (using an iPad, on flu meds, not functioning 100%) didn't finish my "story"...

oOnce did disneyland in 6 hours (mid afternoon in December on a Sunday) another time did about 4 rides in 6 hours (a Super Bowl Sunday. Was mega busy) but the next day was quiet and did most rides at both parks in about 9 hours... Hence why I recommend 3 days as its nice not to try and cram everything if it is busy