Planet Coaster

Reanimated35

1 minute ago, bladex said:

the alpha is the final version isn't it? whichever is the final version than the one out this week. <_<

Alpha (or early access) is a reasonably new thing that was never available to public before. It's similar to what demos used to be, but they found a way to cash in on things. 

Beta is what it goes to after a few of the major bugs have been ironed out and some more features added for testing. 

After beta, games move to a released state where they get produced and sold off the shelf.

You'll then get a lot of "day one patches" where they didn't have time to release the update into the production copy. Then there's patches and content updates, bug fixes and plenty of DLC to come afterwards. 

1 hour ago, reanimated35 said:

You'll then get a lot of "day one patches" where they didn't have time to release the update into the production copy. Then there's patches and content updates, bug fixes and plenty of DLC to come afterwards. 

If the devs keep on producing quality content, whether it be new rides, coasters, themeing, I can see DLC just flying off the shelves! Cannot wait to give this game a play.

I could see this game being used by professional themed entertainment design companies as a tool for initial concept generation / concept development.

Edited by Luke

42 minutes ago, Luke said:

If the devs keep on producing quality content, whether it be new rides, coasters, themeing, I can see DLC just flying off the shelves! Cannot wait to give this game a play.

I could see this game being used by professional themed entertainment design companies as a tool for initial concept generation / concept development.

Isn't that what No Limits is for though?

It's all about how good you are with the program though.  Nothing about No Limits is inherently professional, in fact there have been some very amateur looking 'official' preview videos made on No Limits.  No Limits should be the go to for concept videos and previews as you can get amazingly accurate results, but also I have no doubt that someone will use Planet Coaster in a professional context.

Having played the first scenario and mucked around with the game more generally it's probably not something I'll play a great deal TBH.  It limits me right where I don't want to be limited.  Maybe I'm too old, maybe I already got my fix on this type of game when I was younger, but as a game I don't find it to be that compelling, and the customization tools, while incredibly powerful, are just cumbersome and unrewarding. 

Having said all that though, this is the game I wanted RCT3 to be.  It's really good, and I'm not disappointed I got a copy.  If they support it, let the modding community get their hands on it, then I think it has a good life in it.  While it's not something I'll play often, it is something I can see myself starting up occasionally when I've got some time to kill or want something casual to play while I'm listening to music

2 hours ago, jjuttp said:

Isn't that what No Limits is for though?

No Limits 2 is designed more towards rollercoaster simulation. I was thinking PC could be used for developing park layouts, generating landscaping ideas, and getting a rough idea of a themed ride concept and queue line. The themeing is a lot simpler to apply and customise in PC, especially if you are not well versed in CAD modelling programs and understand how to import/place models into No Limitis.