Planet Coaster

Reanimated35

I think I've decided that I'm going to stick with making single coasters or dark rides in this game. In part due to the limitations of my machine, but mostly due to the amount of time I have (or lack thereof) to make things. I'll often start things and then never finish them, so I reckon I'll keep my projects small.

Keen to get playing once I get back from the UK.

On 26/01/2017 at 11:44 PM, reanimated35 said:

20170126234041_1.jpg

20170126234047_1.jpg

I'm not too happy with the scale of the DC store but I can work on that. If anyone has pics of it, that would be much appreciated. Thanks. 

Can you use a recent google earth image and do relative scaling (Eg the shop is about x% of the width of something nearby.

The store at the moment looks supermarket sized compared to GL

Yeah that's the problem I'm having is the scale of everything. I know I'm not going to get it right.

Capture.JPG

These areas especially are bugging me.

Capture.JPG

Problem is, I'm not that great at this kind of stuff, so if you've got any suggestions on what you think I could change, I'm happy to give it a shot :) 

Edited by reanimated35
spelling

What if you got an newer aerial image and overlaid a grid in illustrator or something. Maybe 1 illustrator square equals 10 game squares.

Use that as a guide 

Then rough in a whole park using coloured terrain to mark how big things should sort of be.

I'd keep the following things in mind.

-Looking, the shop should be about the same size as the GL station.

-The queue path entry isn't diagonal in front of the shop, it starts beside the shop, in front of the lockers/observation.

-The ticket booth canopy looks right, we can see its the same length thereabouts as GL.

-I dont think the grand arch is as "deep"

-The main "ride" section of JLs building should be about the same as the foot print as GL

etc

mwfrontaerial.jpg

I completely understand what you're saying in theory, but actually putting that in practice I wouldn't really know how to do it. 

What I've done at the moment is shrunk down the entry building so I should be able to re-scale the store a bit from that. Plus I've only got access to either google maps or the 2015 DNRM maps and google's seem to be easier to navigate and move around in. 

(The theming needs to be finished on the 2nd half of the building now) 

Capture.JPG

You can get Google Earth Pro free these days, and use the time slider to get different images.

I completely understand what you're saying in theory, but actually putting that in practice I wouldn't really know how to do it. 

Basically, start off by drawing a checkerboard over your park using terrain or paths, then within that grid colour up the the important parts.

Eg we know Main Streets central canopy is 2x5,  HSD is 4x2 at the end of it. The Intencity building is 1x2 but is half a square into the corner of HSD etc etc.

Map out the zones of your part like this in advance to get the basics right. This avoids that dreaded problem of working yourself in a corner and not having space to fit in rides you need.

Then within each area, work to detail.

mw grid.jpg