Planet Coaster

Reanimated35

Ok, finished putting a spare computer together and finally got back to playing PC again. 

Not much yet, but making some slight progress with JL3D. Got the track spaced out a little better and added a floor which almost covers the whole ride, unfortunately there's a couple of bits around the station it wont let me cover, but, eh, close enough. 

Excuse the reasonably crappy screenshots too, just using the snipping tool so the compression is a bit iffy. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.3199b18fbd68b0fb4fc8936278ca4b9c.JPG

5 minutes ago, AlexB said:

doesn't JL take a 90 degree left after loading before it leaves the station?

The station doesn't make a 90 degree turn, but yes, the turn should be closer to the station.

However, 

On 28/01/2017 at 6:08 PM, reanimated35 said:

With that said, I think I'll keep this as a "based on a true story" kind of park rather than a "documentary". A lot of it will probably be a fair way outside my skill set to replicate as it is, so this will be reasonably close in layout and ride terms, but still different in the end. 

16 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

The station doesn't make a 90 degree turn,

Actually - it does:

On 2/2/2017 at 3:02 PM, jjuttp said:

2017-02-02.png

But I take your point on the 'based on a true story' nature of what you're doing - your image just didn't look right - and so I went back to check - and as you can see - it does.

The loading isn't done around that first corner though. I mean the station bit where you get on doesn't make the turn. The track does immediately after the station. 

That's the image I'm using for reference. 

If I'm not mistaken, the station portion is red and unload is black isn't it? 

Capture.thumb.JPG.ed9ac5b2ed2917ae7f9a5816d30d688b.JPG

Correct...  But it does a 90 degree left turn before it heads through the door I think is what they are trying to say...

Also if you lengthen the section before it turns for the unload section you can shorten the length of the loading section...

But again...  I get the "based on" doesn't mean it needs to be totally accurate :) 

Still a lot more effort than I have put into PC...  Played it for about a week when it came out and haven't looked at it since :( 

Edited by MaxxTheMonster

On 19/02/2017 at 2:25 PM, reanimated35 said:

Also just looking to confirm the theming in these two areas please. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.17048dd0f577582b5c85b2d4a1a6b626.JPG

And yes, @Gazza I know the layout isn't perfect, and nor in the theming, but here we are. 

Why is there a random empty enclosed room after the toll booth, and why does the track pass through a narrow gap at its corner?

Thats a big open space with a spaceship, crushed cars, light posts etc.

20170222_044859.png

• 1 month later...