Ideas For The Old Sea Viper Space

Depends on whether you are wanting a realistic answer, or just a blue sky concept

Blue Sky: I would love to see an indoor coaster reminiscent of Space Mountain themed around submarines and deep ocean exploration. Something that is thrilling for enthusiasts and thrill seekers, while still being tame enough for family. They could then make that corner of the park themed around marine science fiction (is that the right wording for this?), as Jet Rescue could easily blend in to that theme.

Realistic: Sea World is severely lacking in flat rides, so viewing this in a realistic sense I hope that they use that space to add maybe one or two decent flat rides that can help flesh out a day at Sea World. Maybe a Zamperla Regetta or Mack Sea Storm?

A doctor who dark ride.

They could easily come up with an adventure which had something to do with monsters under the Sea!

I don't think this would work. Just because it has an aquatic antagonist doesn't mean that it fits with Sea World's on thematic style. Franchises such as the The Avengers at Disneyland's Tomorrowland work because at their core, they share a solid foundation with the park's/themed area's own aesthetic. Think about it for a second. Iron Man is basically a marvel in engineering, helicarriers that can go invisible and alien invasions are inherently science fiction based, therefore they work in a science fiction themed area. Dr Who is, at it's core, Science Fiction / Science Fantasy. Does this match with Sea World's aquatic theme? Not really.

Edited by Zanstabar

Depends on whether you are wanting a realistic answer, or just a blue sky concept

Blue Sky: I would love to see an indoor coaster reminiscent of Space Mountain themed around submarines and deep ocean exploration. Something that is thrilling for enthusiasts and thrill seekers, while still being tame enough for family. They could then make that corner of the park themed around marine science fiction (is that the right wording for this?), as Jet Rescue could easily blend in to that theme.

Realistic: Sea World is severely lacking in flat rides, so viewing this in a realistic sense I hope that they use that space to add maybe one or two decent flat rides that can help flesh out a day at Sea World. Maybe a Zamperla Regetta or Mack Sea Storm?

I don't think this would work. Just because it has an aquatic antagonist doesn't mean that it fits with Sea World's on thematic style. Franchises such as the The Avengers at Disneyland's Tomorrowland work because at their core, they share a solid foundation with the park's/themed area's own aesthetic. Think about it for a second. Iron Man is basically a marvel in engineering, helicarriers that can go invisible and alien invasions are inherently science fiction based, therefore they work in a science fiction themed area. Dr Who is, at it's core, Science Fiction / Science Fantasy. Does this match with Sea World's aquatic theme? Not really.

I think it matches Sea Worlds aquatic theme just as well as Bermuda Triangle did, and just as well as the mythical Creatures of the Deep do.

It is a theme park after all.

Exactly, I mean are there Whale sharks and Great White sharks at Sea World?  

Aside from the fact that the Antarctica ride is basically seen as a miss, purely from a theme point of view it makes no sense to have the same thing duplicated on the other side of the park.  For my taste, I'd like to see MACK given a call and given the chance to create one of those brilliant launched coasters they do so well.  

Edited by joz

I think it matches Sea Worlds aquatic theme just as well as Bermuda Triangle did, and just as well as the mythical Creatures of the Deep do.

It is a theme park after all.

Bermuda Triangle fits the aquatic theme as it is inherently an oceanic myth. The legend of the Bermuda Triangle originated from the disappearance not only planes but ships as well. Not to mention the fact that the Bermuda Triangle is an area predominantly occupied by ocean. This works at Sea World as it has the legend has its roots with the ocean. 

The same can be said about Vikings Revenge. Vikings are notorious not only for warfare and pillaging, but also for their naval exploration. They have roots tied directly to the ocean. 

Dr Who doesn't have any connection to the ocean what so ever. Sure, one episode may feature an aquatic antagonist but that is not enough to link the two together; it doesn't have those oceanic roots that the legend of the Bermuda Triangle and Vikings have. Without those roots, it feels half-assed and a mess. 

I don't like the idea of a giant indoor coaster at Sea World. Movie World gets away with 'plain blank shed' because you can stick "Stage 47" on it and suddenly it's a "Soundstage".

Bermuda\Storm's building (other than the Volcano) is only single storey. Even SWR is only 2 storeys tall. An indoor rollercoaster is probably going to need a little more room, and height - and I think a great hulking building in the middle of the spit is just going to ruin the skyline. 

A coaster track outdoors isn't such an eyesore. Any coaster SW builds has to be predominantly 'outdoor' in my opinion.

I like 'indoor darkride' but it would have to be a lowset attraction.

Otherwise i'm all in for decent flatrides that don't take up a lot of space but still have great capacity. 

Dr Who is polarising. I think Jacob is minimising their fanbase just a little, but i think regardless of how popular (or not) we might perceive the franchise to be, I don't think for a moment it is in any way suitable for sea world, and the idea should end there without getting near a drawing board... in my opinion.

I don't like the idea of a giant indoor coaster at Sea World. Movie World gets away with 'plain blank shed' because you can stick "Stage 47" on it and suddenly it's a "Soundstage".

Bermuda\Storm's building (other than the Volcano) is only single storey. Even SWR is only 2 storeys tall. An indoor rollercoaster is probably going to need a little more room, and height - and I think a great hulking building in the middle of the spit is just going to ruin the skyline. 

I get what you're saying. In a park with predominantly low lying buildings, it would be quite odd to see a plain white shed that's 20 metres or so tall sticking out like a sore thumb, but there are options. They could easily theme a show building and make it fit into it's surroundings, or even go a step further and make most of the show building underground, as this would keep consistency with the rest of the park and would be much more approachable when it comes to theming. 

Otherwise i'm all in for decent flatrides that don't take up a lot of space but still have great capacity. 

Care to give some examples?

Edited by Zanstabar

I don't think you realise how niche the Dr. Who following is. Children (except those with Whovian parents) are generally not interested.

Hmm. Well I would be willing to bet my life savings that's not the case!

However I get that you're not especially interested in it and that's fine. The following is absolutely massive though, by people of all ages.

Hmm. Well I would be willing to bet my life savings that's not the case!

However I get that you're not especially interested in it and that's fine. The following is absolutely massive though, by people of all ages.

I don't want to get derogatory here, but whilst I acknowledge the size of Dr. Who's fanbase I struggle to find breadth in the type of person that watches it. That is, the segment is homogeneous (niche?). Furthermore, I believe this type of person is not necessarily the one Sea World actively targets.

Again, I certainly don't want to cause offence, just putting my two cents in.

If you'd said Dr Who at MW, then that would be more fitting. But at SW, no.

With the park already having two forms of coasters and a kids coaster opening soon, I can't really see SW building a new one. I think the variety in sea creatures is really good as well. I defiently don't think a dark ride would be a good idea, as the building wouldn't look right in the space. I know the park had one before and there are height limitations, but maybe a new Sea World Eye would be an idea. When it originally opened I thought it was a great addition and the views it provided were great. I think the site needs some flats rides. Maybe the area behind COTD where there is just gravel, could feature some flat rides, themed to this area.

I'd love them to either make the cinema a proper 4D one like moveiworld, replace it with a motion simulator, or scrap it all together. In regards to the SeaScrewCorkViper space, a couple of flat rides that could cater for a wider range of people and still fit an ocean theme could work. Even something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPl95ScuOwc