Where did Wonderland's rides end up??

Ryno

This may have been answered many moons ago, but does anyone know where any of the rides from Australias Wonderland ended up. I heard that the Demon ended up in some Park in Asia somewhere. I assume a lot were just dismantled including Bush Beast and Beastie. What about the trains from those two rides, would they end up in the dump or some blokes back yard shed on a farm somewhere. One of my favourites was the Pirate ship (Bountys Revenge I think it might have been called), someone tell me that some of the rides were relocated rather than just left to rot in a dump somewhere.

The Bush Beast and Beastie cars are sitting in O'Neil's Adventureland (the old run down place). I was surprised to find out that a fair few of the rides had been moved to the back paddock and were never seen again. You could possible contact O'Neil's Adventureland and go see the Bush Beast and Beastie cars. Just visit there website and call them up.

One of my favourites was the Pirate ship (Bountys Revenge I think it might have been called), someone tell me that some of the rides were relocated rather than just left to rot in a dump somewhere.

This was one thing Sunway took with it.. it lives on as Pirate's Revenge.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looping_Starship

Here's a trip report from a Singaporean blogger.

http://seconddrop.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/sunway-lagoon-malaysia-trip-report.html

Dragons Flight is also at Sunway. A lot of the Beastie and Bush Beast cars were bought by Wonderland History (check their website and Facebook page), they are planning a Wonderland museum. I believe Space Probe was shipped to Sunway but was never rebuilt due to prohibitive costs in doing so.

Your best bet is https://www.facebook.com/groups/Wonderland.History/ or http://www.wonderlandhistory.net - collectively these guys have put together more than 20 years of the park's life (including construction and demolition) for around 10 years since the park closed.

As best as I can remember:

• Bush Beast and Beastie were demolished - bulldozers used. The timber contained toxic chemicals and was buried offsite.
  • Snowy was demolished. Rafts were sold off after closure to random individuals and collectors.
  • Antique Autos was rumored to have been purchased, but it has never been seen again
  • SkyRider was getting on in years - it's cable was used to try and pull down the bush beast - it didn't work
  • Taz - although the ride was pulled early from the park, it was containerised and shipped. I'm not 100% on this but i think someone tried to trailerise it and didn't complete it.
  • Endeavour was sent to Sunway to the best of my knowledge
  • Bounty's and Dragons Flight both went to Sunway and are operating
  • Probe was rumoured to have been sent to Sunway, but was never built, apparently due to the cost of constructing the footings. Although it was rumoured to be rotting out in a paddock somewhere, several people I know have scoured google maps, near maps and sunway-fan websites without turning up any info as to the current location. Presumably junked.
  • Demon's current location is a little difficult. We know it went to Alabama Adventure as Zoomerang. However the information about it going to Wonderla in India is dubious. There has been little evidence to support this claim. RCDB does not identify the park in the ride's history, and the two Wonderla parks in India listed do not show a vekoma boomerang. The parks have a website and I can't find a Boomerang featured on it anywhere. Considering they have a kiddie coaster in their lineup featured prominently on the site - I doubt the Demon is anywhere near there right now.
  • Wizards Fury was scrapped well before closure
  • Zodiac was scrapped after closure
  • I'm not sure on the kiddie rides but believe some of them went to Sunway also.
Edited by AlexB

I should also mention (as Bussy indicated) - The Beast\Beastie trains are not at O'neills, and haven't been for some years. They were purchased by the Wonderland History group in part through donations from fans. The trains were stored at the Junkyard near Windsor for a time (where the park signs are) on agreement with the owner. This was also planned to be the site of the 'museum'.

Subsequently, plans changed, and the trains were moved from the junkyard site recently.

And a good thing they did too, given the recent weather in that particular region:

11637876_842606489148397_827711309_n.thu

That's really interesting AlexB! Do you know what else they plan to have in the Wonderland Museum?

Since it's their plan, once again:

Your best bet is https://www.facebook.com/groups/Wonderland.History/ or http://www.wonderlandhistory.net - collectively these guys have put together more than 20 years of the park's life (including construction and demolition) for around 10 years since the park closed.

Sometimes I swear it seems like Sunway deliberately let Wonderland run into the ground so they could sell off the land and have the rides to take back to their theme park. It really pi**es me off

Yeah they did do it deliberately, it was a business decision. They never bought the park because it was a theme park, they bought it because they had the foresight to realise that the M7 was going to be built and it was the perfect hub for warehouses to distribute their goods around Sydney and the state.