Luna Park Sydney- Future rides and attractions

Jobe

Relocate Eureka to Luna Park if Dreamworld doesn't want it...wait a minute, Cyclone would be a good fit too lol.*

*Special announcement: for the people who take everything literally on the internet, I am joking.

Meanwhile, in reality, LPS will be a source of mass debate among enthusiasts, and they will continue to add a flat every decade or so.

Except underneath the Rotor. It looks like they haven't cleaned that up for a long time.

Without a doubt that is the most stupid idea I have ever seen on this community. Wild Mouse does not need to be touched, nor tinkered, nor butchered. 

The only thing I would like to see happen to Wild Mouse is to get the 3 cars off the transfer track and into operation.

Most stupid seems harsh. I knew not everyone would agree, but the ride is less popular than it used to be, at least in my experience. The younger generation don't care so much for history. But let's agree to disagree.

This is just in from Luna Park:

From the World's Best Creators of Haunted Houses, Luna Park Sydney presents:

Mystery Manor

Home to the legendary Doctor Hoffmeister and his wife, the tale of Mystery Manor is dark and twisted. Manic inventions, horrifying rumours and much speculation lurk in the Manor's past.

Find out what mysteries lurk in the Manor's hallways and around every corner when you take a tour of the terrifying new attraction.

These school holidays.

Only at Luna Park Sydney.

Buy Tickets Now

Sounds decent without giving too much away. Not sure where this will be located in the park either, so its difficult to ascertain its relative size. If i was to hazard a guess , then my money would be on the Popcorn Hall space under the Wild Mouse. This was utilised by the Prison Break Live! attraction a few years ago but this then would make the attraction only temporary, as they utililse this as their parties/functions room.

It is interesting that it does say that this will appear "These school holidays" but without giving it an end timeframe. Perhaps if it proves popular enough, then it could have a permanent place?

Doctor Hoffmeister, for those who do not know, is tied into the theme of the Rotor as its creator, so this tie in is a nice touch.

• 2 months later...

I also noticed that Luna Park Sydney had a halloween event. Didn't seem like it 'lived up' to Fright Nights but still its decent for a little park like that. I think it had 3 mazes. Mystery Manor, Alone (mirror maze in the dark) and clown confinement unit. I would probably hate the last one since I'm terrified of clowns :\

A little bit off topic here but I also noticed that Luna Park Sydney had a halloween event. Didn't seem like it 'lived up' to Fright Nights but still its decent for a little park like that. I think it had 3 mazes. Mystery Manor, Alone (mirror maze in the dark) and clown confinement unit. I would probably hate the last one since I'm terrified of clowns :\

I went along on the Friday night. The atmosphere was really cool as they had all the regular lighting off and everything was lit with theatrical lighting, including all the rides and buildings. They also had a heap of those industrial strength smoke machines, scare actors hiding around the place.

The highlights for me:

- The lighting in the park looked amazing (I will post some photos when back on my desktop). They had Coney Island basically in the dark with all these moving lights in the roof truss, it was very cool. 

- they went for an abandoned fun park theme so most of the parks regular theming was easily transformed through the use of the above lighting, smoke and loud ominous carnival music.

- As usual the street performances were of a very high standard. One of the performers we saw hammered a nail up her nose- intense!

- They had about 7-8 little houses around the park that had actors inside. As you went to each house the story unfolded and led you around to the other houses. At each house the kids got a treat. This was included free for kids (entry was $50- not free as usual. The place was heaving). My nieces loved the mutant tentacle house!

- Nieces also loved the potion bar, which basically served slurpy mock tails with candy in it in a light up, smoking cup. Very cool.

- Loved the rebranded rides with all staff dressed in theme and playing the part. The hair raiser queue was transformed so you had to run through a maze of zombies to the 'escape pod' at the end to get out.

- Mirror maze in the dark is very effective. They let us out half way through as the girls were seriously freaking out.

Overall a great night! Pics to come

• 2 weeks later...

I went along on the Friday night. The atmosphere was really cool as they had all the regular lighting off and everything was lit with theatrical lighting, including all the rides and buildings. They also had a heap of those industrial strength smoke machines, scare actors hiding around the place.

The highlights for me:

- The lighting in the park looked amazing (I will post some photos when back on my desktop). They had Coney Island basically in the dark with all these moving lights in the roof truss, it was very cool. 

- they went for an abandoned fun park theme so most of the parks regular theming was easily transformed through the use of the above lighting, smoke and loud ominous carnival music.

- As usual the street performances were of a very high standard. One of the performers we saw hammered a nail up her nose- intense!

- They had about 7-8 little houses around the park that had actors inside. As you went to each house the story unfolded and led you around to the other houses. At each house the kids got a treat. This was included free for kids (entry was $50- not free as usual. The place was heaving). My nieces loved the mutant tentacle house!

- Nieces also loved the potion bar, which basically served slurpy mock tails with candy in it in a light up, smoking cup. Very cool.

- Loved the rebranded rides with all staff dressed in theme and playing the part. The hair raiser queue was transformed so you had to run through a maze of zombies to the 'escape pod' at the end to get out.

- Mirror maze in the dark is very effective. They let us out half way through as the girls were seriously freaking out.

Overall a great night! Pics to come

I was there on the Friday night at the Deck for a work function JulieLovis- the crowd was pumping!! The park looked fantastic - the lights and the atmosphere were excellent. Unfortunately , since I did not have a ticket, I could not enter the park to have a look for myself at the mazes up close so I am really looking forward to your pics!

In other news, Luna Park have confirmed that their holiday rides for this year will be the Freak Out and the Rock " N Tug. The Freak Out is an excellent ride and is the first pendulum/swing ride with only lap bars that I have been on- it is very forceful and having only lap bar restraints certainly gives a different feeling!

Also confirmed as staying for this holiday period is the Mystery Manor which I am very much looking forward to seeing and experiencing first hand. JulieLovis what were your impressions of this attraction?

Will be visiting the park ( as always on our annual family trip) in January, so will definitely post a trip report after the event.

There is still no word on the utilisation of the Flying Saucer space or replacement. Hopefully this will be worked on for 2016.

• 3 weeks later...

I was there on the weekend for a couple of hours. I tried Mystery Manor and I agree it is very well done for a small footprint haunted house. The actors are great. Did you see the smoking pig head cooking on the stove? Very cool! The teenage boys in the group with us were hysterical, I think that added to the enjoyment. I would like to see them finish off the side wall of the building as its a bit strange the way it is now, you can see the containers that house it - hopefully they intend to finish this off. Overall a great little addition though.

As for the "Please excuse all this kerfuffle" fencing (yes, that's what it says!), this is surrounding some scaffolding work around the Big Dipper entry building. They appear to be doing some refurbishments, I think on the big silver dome on top. Hopefully this is a precursor to a new attraction behind it...