France Trip

Why not? The ride are different? Space mountain is a coaster with inversions in Paris, and in the studios you have the Rattatouille 4D dark ride, and Rock n Roller Coaster, and Crush's Coaster, plus that Armageddon walkthrough where all the air gets sucked out and the room catches on fire, to name a few.

It's like someone saying they wouldn't go to WnW Sydney because they've already been to the Gold Coast one...but in both cases, they're not the same!

In terms of other parks to visit...Futroscope is a unique one, with various types of Imax theatres, dark rides, and other cool stuff.

Nigloland has a Mack "mega lite" style coaster, plus a few others.

Edited by Gazza

When I went to France last year I didn't actually go to any of the theme parks. There's so much more you can do, especially if this is your first trip to France. You need to make sure you have a lot of extra time for sightseeing because it's an amazing country. While I'm not saying don't go to theme parks, just make sure there's time for everything else.

At Parc Asterix, there are some ride's that you really need to try out (e.g. oziris) and some rides that you really need to skip (for the love of god, PLEASE do not go on goudurix unless you want a headache for the rest of the day). With this park you really need to pick your style of ride, because this park caters for all. Have a great time!

I would probably still do Disney Paris as well. I had done Anaheim 9yrs prior (when California Adventure Park was being built) and yes there were some similarities but still worth the visit.
I managed to get both parks done in the one day, but that was before kids too and I didn't stop for many parades on the way. More just got rides and experiences out of the way

Walygator is OK, the big point of difference is a Raptor clone B & M invert with no mid course brakes.

Parc Asterix has some interesting stuff, Oziris was quite forceless, but it has a unique layout and great queue theming. The lines got quite scary during summer, though we were there on a Saturday (it was part of a tour) - luckily we had a VIP package with front of line passes. Frenchies lining up 3 hours for Goudurix in infernal heat, I pity the fools.