Fright Nights - 2015

you may still get the opportunity ? That's included in the UTT

image.jpeg

You might be right, although that part was also included last year (in addition to the nightly maze cast briefing). It was really good actually, one of the make up team came and did some make up on people doing the UTT (my partner had a huge gash placed on his cheek, very realistic, they are amazing at their job!) Aaaaaaand I'm getting way too excited again, lol!

Mazes usually close at 10/10:30 right? Or the mazes cut off line is 10 but if you're still in line they'll let you through till 10:30?  So basically the only attractions that will be open ( after 10) is the panic rooms and the 4D show.

You say that, but last year (as I mentioned earlier) I went in one of the mazes at 10:45 and I joined the line at about 10:40. So based on previous years and info from the website this is the opening and closing times:

Around 5pm they start allowing entry into the park, but only into a certain area around main street as day guests are still leaving

5:30pm (THIS IS INFO FROM THE WEBSITE) Rides open

5:45pm they allow guests to move up along the sides of main street

6pm they release the scare actors and the event begins

9pm all rides except SDSC close due to noise restrictions

10:30pm SDSC queue line closes

Last panic room attempts and last screening of 4D show at about 10:40

10:45pm mazes queue closes

Edited by themagician

Could you please post the link where it gives that info? I've looked on the website and it says nothing about times other than the 6pm opening + the closing time ( stated on the ticket) . The ticket says the event finishes at 10:30. So it finishes at 10:30. The last panic room session is 10:10pm( for every panic room and every date)This going all off the website. 

Edited by FoolishMortal999

Most of it is just based off my experience from the previous 2 years, so some of it could be wrong, but the part about the rides opening at 5:30pm is here: http://frightnights.com.au/visitor-info.aspx

And the part about maze queues closing was from someone asking on FB what time FN finished and they replied saying it will usually start finishing up at 10:45, so thats why I said maze queues close then, because they may still be letting people walk through the mazes. And the last Panic Room is at 10:40 and you have 20 minutes to complete.

There isn't much info on the website about closing times and when rides stop, etc.

Edited by themagician

I'll be in the park before Fright Nights (I'm assuming it will be a big crowd during the day this Saturday because of school holidays), so I'll just show up for Ultimate Tour when I'm supposed to on Saturday. Luckily I'll have locals with me who have a bit of inside knowledge. Going to get my money's worth of food in the lounge.

It's a shame they are not doing the separate lights-on tours of the mazes during the day this year, they were cool.

Last panic room sessions are at 10:10pm. So, my guess is by the time everyone gets out of that session, they'll close up the park. Don't know where everyone is getting 10:45/11pm from. Also, my guess is they may let everyone queue  outside the  rides but won't admit anyone into the attractions until 6pm. 

^The 10:45/11pm is based off the last couple of years I've gone. It might have changed for this year. And someone had said the last panic room was at 10:40, but I just had a look and as you said, it is 10:10pm.

And it says rides open are from 5:30, so I imagine they will start let people riding them from 5:30pm. That's the way I understand it anyways.

Edited by themagician

I went thru one of these type of attractions at Universal years ago. It was based on the Mummy, that was enough for me. I just don't understand the fascination of these attractions. I know there are millions of people who love them but being scared half to death by actors is not my idea of a good time.

http://frightnights.com.au/visitor-info/know-before-you-go.aspx

"No masks or costumes allowed."

Is this a new rule? As I have friends who have previously dressed up for Fright Nights and I swear I read contradictory official information just weeks ago saying you were allowed to dress up ?

ETA: And yet here it says...

http://movieworld.com.au/special-events/carnivale/faq.aspx

"You are welcome to wear costumes and light facial make-up."

Ok so I get you can't wear masks, but are costumes allowed or not??? ?

(and yes I know the link url says 'carnivale' but if you go to it, it's actually info related to Fright Nights, so I have nfi ?)

^In previous years you have been allowed to wear costumes and light makeover, as long as if nothing covers of hides any facial features. 

^I hear you, the funny thing is I know people who love this stuff, but are terrified. I guess it's the same appeal as horror movies, except it's more like your in the movie.

I always thought how people thought getting scared was fun, and I hate getting scared and don't watch horror movies, but after I went a couple of years ago, I love it. I think it's the adrenaline I get from it. It's difficult to say why I love it when I hate horror, but there is something about FN.

There is a little bit of contradictory information on the Fright Nights pages isn't there! When looking at the FAQ it states:

https://vrtp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/200582880-Fright-Nights

"For health and safety reasons, guests are not permitted to wear face coverings, masks or make-up that prevents facial identification. You are welcome to wear costumes and light facial make-up.

You will be required to remove the mask/heavy make-up before you are allowed entry into Movie World."

Also, on that page linked earlier - http://frightnights.com.au/visitor-info/know-before-you-go.aspx for the UTT:

"reserved seating at the Hollywood Stunt Driver 2 show and souvenir ride photo"....and there is no show this year is there?!! This looks like a copy and paste off last years tour to be honest.

But.....I'm still super excited! Going tomorrow night!

I always thought how people thought getting scared was fun, and I hate getting scared and don't watch horror movies, but after I went a couple of years ago, I love it. I think it's the adrenaline I get from it. It's difficult to say why I love it when I hate horror, but there is something about FN.

The reason I'm going is the same reason I sit at home in the dark at night, volume cranked, playing Silent Hill & Resident Evil games lol. I love the thrill ??

There is a little bit of contradictory information on the Fright Nights pages isn't there! When looking at the FAQ it states:

https://vrtp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/200582880-Fright-Nights

"For health and safety reasons, guests are not permitted to wear face coverings, masks or make-up that prevents facial identification. You are welcome to wear costumes and light facial make-up.

You will be required to remove the mask/heavy make-up before you are allowed entry into Movie World."

Also, on that page linked earlier - http://frightnights.com.au/visitor-info/know-before-you-go.aspx for the UTT:

"reserved seating at the Hollywood Stunt Driver 2 show and souvenir ride photo"....and there is no show this year is there?!! This looks like a copy and paste off last years tour to be honest.

But.....I'm still super excited! Going tomorrow night!

Movie Worlds ban on heavy makeup and masks has been around since 2010. This isn't exactly breaking news ? it's very rare you see people even dress up anymore. 

I highly doubt movie world would make the mistake of advertising a performance that is non existent. I'm pretty sure the horror film festival is one evening. I wouldn't imagine they would draw the winner every night. My guess is they'll probably do the same stunt show they did last year or something similar ?  

Movie World has updated their Snapchat with some pictures of the Zombieland scarezone, and I'm honestly surprised how close to the film it is.

IMG_0528.thumb.png.4dcc3bdd295c07e8ff6c3IMG_0529.thumb.png.e8bc423422554ad249c88IMG_0530.thumb.png.84399ec48483e2ca98a72IMG_0531.thumb.png.c1c453d1221ab1a7d3418

The clown looks like it has just walked off the film set, but what stuns me most is the inclusion of the bride. For those that don't know or haven't seen Zombieland in a while, the Bride is featured for 5 seconds in the opening scene. That's it all her screen time, yet they've managed to absolutely nail her appearance. 

This has made me incredibly hyped for tomorrow. Bring it on!

A lot of images coming from Social Media such as Instagram. Some of the characters this year have really had time put into them and they look awesome. Some Images below also show some returning foods such as the jelly syringe ect. Also the Zombie Alley will be returning this year hope there is more smoke at the actual events than in the images below: :)

ghgghjf.PNG

ghghjf.PNG

gjgjfkfk.PNG

gjgjgkfkdl.PNG

gjjgjf.PNG

hfhfhdfjd.PNG

ththf.PNG

Edited by HorrorGod