Fright Nights - 2015

What's everyone hopes for this year's event?

For mazes, I have two ideas; one realistic, one up in the clouds. The realistic one would be the return of the Film Vault. As I said earlier in this thread, it's a good concept for a maze as it allows for properties that are highly impactful but don't have enough content to be brought into a maze. If this returns this year, I would love to see them ditch the fencing and make the maze themed around the characters from the films featured running amok at the film studio after hours. They could have some fun with this whole concept. Maybe Jack Torrance is lurking around the writers room? Norman Bates taking over the costuming department? It could be such a unique and enjoyable maze.

As for the crazy one, I would just love to see them do a maze set in the French Quarter of New Orleans. This could easily be one of the more visually appealing mazes that they could produce. Not to mention, New Orleans is rich with morbid and grotesque history. You could go with the typical Voodoo idea, spice it up with a bit Delphine LaLaurie, maybe take a bite at the rumours of a French Vampire haunting the city, or even just tie it in with a Left4Dead maze like Reanimated said earlier. It's a place that has so many possibilities and I would love to see them use it. 

With the rest of the event, I would just like to see them bring in a proper icon and scarezones. Maybe the icon could tie all the mazes together and make them cohesive. If every maze revolves around cinema, maybe make a character similar to the Director or the Usher from Halloween Horror Nights. As for the scarezones, all I'm wanting is for them to bring it physical set pieces and costuming that all ties in together. Cut the zombie bullshit and give us something a bit different. While it hasn't been called the best scare zone, something like 7 at HHN would be great. It would be such a departure from the typical zombie offerings that it would be really refreshing. 

The 2 soundstage mazes were excellent last year, and I didn't mind the Ripper or the Clown one - and this is coming from someone who goes to HHN and Scary Farm every year. I'd say more of the same, with a bit more into the scare zones and maybe a decent show (I said a decent show), even something like the old Graveyard Revue at Universal.

There seems like ample room for expansion, so here's hoping. And keep the ultimate tour and lights-on tour during the day, they were excellent.

image.thumb.jpg.57922f5f971abbc7dd00822cIt's going up quick. Last year on the behind the screams tour they said next year there will be a maze based on a new game serious from the same developer as Evil Within (I did Google it but can't remember the name). Nothing has moved up on the grave yard (storage behind Wild West falls) will keep an eye out for anything up there. image.thumb.jpg.1e7acb99e2fb1b0fdbef25df

Just walked over to the entrance of the Ripper maze and the cop car from Wolk Creek seems like to be inside the door. The photo isn't the best but you can see the side of the car image.thumb.jpg.c9f7cb7102961da4411ac8ff

It's going up quick. Last year on the behind the screams tour they said next year there will be a maze based on a new game serious from the same developer as Evil Within (I did Google it but can't remember the name). Nothing has moved up on the grave yard (storage behind Wild West falls) will keep an eye out for anything up there. 

The developer of The Evil Within was Tango Gameworks and the publisher was Bethesda. I can't seem to find anything about Tango Gameworks and any future games but the founder, Shinji Mikami, was the creator of the Resident Evil game series. If they meant Bethesda, then we might be looking at Fallout 4 or Doom. Regardless, we don't know which mazes will be going in which locations, so it's a free for all at this point. 

A part of me is hoping for Fallout, as the whole nuclear apocalypse theme is something that I find really creative and enjoy. Although the franchise is not inherently a horror game, it could lead to some pretty nice costume and prop design. Doom and Resident Evil would be pretty nice to see too, as both are iconic games that still draw a crowd after countless sequels and reboots. 

Just walked over to the entrance of the Ripper maze and the cop car from Wolk Creek seems like to be inside the door. The photo isn't the best but you can see the side of the car image.thumb.jpg.c9f7cb7102961da4411ac8ff

Hillbilly Slasher 3?

Edited by The_Ninja_59
forgot to add text after the quote

Hi Guys! I've been reading the forums for many years now but never got around to make a profile so I guess technically I'm kinda new here :) I always read the forums regarding fright nights as I loved all the speculation and the event itself. I've definitely had experience at fright nights as I attended Fright Nights in years 2009-13, but didn't go last year because I noticed every year the event was getting more and more packed and the lines where getting longer and longer and it was all the drama in 2013 with the queue lines being ridiculously long (even when I went the lines where 1.5 hours plus waiting time) that really killed all motivation for me to go last year. I know although the wait, the mazes last year where exceptional but I was wanting to ask if MW fixed the problem last year and if it's still worth going to. All the times I went it was in a small group of 3 or 5 but this year my family is planning to go with all my cousins and relatives, so we're looking at a group with atleast more than 8 people. Would this also affect the overall experience ( I know it's more fun with a larger group but would this affect the lines at all?) 

I hope this year is phenomenal

- Jaginator :) 

Edited by jaginator18

if you don't like queues, I'd give it a miss or aim for one of the first evenings 

I don't mind the queues, but if they're ridiculously long that's when I hop on board the nope train.I'm guessing the lines where still long last year? And wouldn't the earlier nights be more packed?

Edited by jaginator18

I do know last year there were a lot of completes about the queue lines for the first weekend. I went on the second weekend and they had reduced the waiting time from what people said they were waiting on FB. I think the longest I waited last year was an hour. They weren't that bad, and were a little quicker than 2013.

didn't go last year because I noticed every year the event was getting more and more packed and the lines where getting longer and longer and it was all the drama in 2013 with the queue lines being ridiculously long

This is pretty much my own words for the 2014 FN, and reasons why I didn't bother. I've been to most at least once, but the increased crowds without any additional effort to deal with those crowds soured it for me.

Instead of opening another Maze to soak up another 1000 punters - they started selling skip the line passes instead - thereby making everyone else's waits even longer.

The event is getting far too big for them to continue managing it the way they managed it in 2009. Time for someone to shake things up - get an extra maze or two established somewhere, and utilising ALL the park's space (Western Town included) for crowd-soaking activities...