Fright Nights - 2015

When it comes to Fast Track for the rides, do you have to show them the UTT lanyard or do they give a wist brand and have to show them at the entrance like what they did last year? 

SE - show pass - remember your tour time - leave pass in basket - ride - collect correct pass based on time.

SDSC - show pass - tuck pass into shirt - ride. 

AA - not on fast pass

Regarding the security, when I went on the 9th, I did see a few security surrounding some teenagers in the Zombieland area. And when I left there were a couple of police cars, with police speaking to a number of people.

I do remember seeing a couple of cops on either the 3rd or 10th but never saw what they were for. 

I believe it was something that happened Friday night (16th) but I can't remember exactly if he said a specific day or just 'previously' or something to that effect. 

Edited by reanimated35

Few points for my mind...

Smoke, get over it and slow down. There is no need to run so if it's too thick, take your time. Not being able to see AT ALL creates the apprehension they are looking for. 

Music, I didn't hear ANY dubstep at all, are you guys sure you know what that actually is? The only EDM I heard at all, all night was in the finale. 

F13 was easily the best maze they have ever produced, from sets, to lighting to scare actors. The fact you couldn't see in places just added greatly to the apprehension again and I felt was a plus not a negative. 

As as for the Terror Tour itself, can't be described in words. It's beyond f#cked up, hilarious, inappropriate and gross all at the same time. Top class and shouldn't be missed.  

Few points for my mind...

Smoke, get over it and slow down. There is no need to run so if it's too thick, take your time. Not being able to see AT ALL creates the apprehension they are looking for. 

Music, I didn't hear ANY dubstep at all, are you guys sure you know what that actually is? The only EDM I heard at all, all night was in the finale. 

F13 was easily the best maze they have ever produced, from sets, to lighting to scare actors. The fact you couldn't see in places just added greatly to the apprehension again and I felt was a plus not a negative. 

As as for the Terror Tour itself, can't be described in words. It's beyond f#cked up, hilarious, inappropriate and gross all at the same time. Top class and shouldn't be missed.  

This x10000000.

I think reanimated was referring to the dubstep that is playing while you are lining up for Wyrmwood & F13, unless it wasn't playing when you went? Last year there was a DJ, however this year I didn't see him up there at all? It was just a mix continuously playing through. 

Can someone please tell me what happens in LT Village during the UTT? Last year, the hillbillies tied in well with the western town setting. Just seems a bit odd to put it in LT Village. 

Yeah it seemed the ditched the DJ this year but kept the truck. This then begs the question, was the DJ actually a DJ in previous years? Or was it just a cast member they asked to go and bounce around for a while?

I don't think it's us Parkzers you need to tell to slow down.

Except the comment was made in response to comments about the dangerousness of the smoke.

On top of that, the smoke is too dangerous. You can't see anything or anyone in front of you. (Overheard quite a few people commenting on that). While that's great and a nice atmosphere, I feel as though this could easily be fixed with something as simple as a dividing fence so at least everyone's going in the same direction. Throw in a couple of actors on both sides and it's great.

I doubt Reanimated is going through there at speed, but he obviously observed that it was an issue. I'm pretty sure others have commented \ complained about the thickness of the fog too.

I'm kind of in two camps about this - On the one hand - I agree with Rappa, but on the other, I see Reanimated's point - I've been to several FN's, one of which was spent in a wheelchair. It doesn't matter how slowly you go through the fog if some dipshit comes full tilt at you from the other direction... and therein lies the problem.

The issue is this happens mainly in two places (which do happen to get the most fog) - Main Street, and Studio Alley. You could probably install a dividing fence to encourage one-way flows, but there'd always be the dickhead that ignored it, and crowd controllers could only do so much if a bunch of kids go tearing through at high speed.

You definitely could not do the same thing on Main Street.

So what do you do? I have no idea. I don't think the fog should be ditched, but I too agree there is a safety concern there. Not an issue - just a concern. It's fine enough to say 'everyone should just slow down' but you aren't getting that message through to a bunch of immature teens who care about nobody but themselves.

Suggestions?

I feel that the fog is one of the most biggest elements at Fright Nights. When I wander around the event, walking through the clouds of smoke makes me feel as if I'm walking through Silent Hill, and it even gives the same feeling I had when playing that game; a fear of the unknown.

As much as I love it, I do believe a safety issue is present. When I walking through Zombieland, I got caught in a giant cloud of fog. With my arms stretched out in front of me, ala Velma Dinkley, I still managed to lose track of the curb and almost stumbled into other guests. There is a clear issue with the fog, but I love the atmosphere that it brings.

I don't think this will be a problem that can be solved in a five-minute meeting. This seems to me to be the type of problem that needs some thorough thought put into it. The fog is an integral part of the event for many other guests and me, and I do not want to see it turned down. 

Edited by Zanstabar

I'm pretty sure I've said this in previous years too, but to clarify:

The fog is dangerous. Should it be removed? No. Certainly not. Should they look into a way to make the area safer? Yes. 

It's fine after around 30sec or so as it starts to dissipate and you can see again, but no one is going to stop every 30 seconds to wait for it to clear. 

Maybe they did look into it a bit before this year, hence the apparent lack of scare actors in that area (again, maybe I just walked through at the wrong time). 

Every year if you walk through that area when the fog is going off, you're likely to hear "wow I can hardly see anything" or "I can't see anything in front of me" this isn't just from older people, it's young/adults/teens/all ages. 

You're right that a divider may not solve the problem, but it might? No one seems smart enough to keep left on their own.

This issue remains though that people will run/walk fast/walk slow/stop in that alley and around superman (and to a lesser extent, that first part of main street near guest services. People will also run in random directions to escape the actors.

It's also an issue when hidden in that fog you find 20cm high kerbs. That's a nice recipe for a twisted/broken ankle. Again, I do not want to see the fog removed. I just think they could look at ways to make it safer without removing the effects. 

I agree that the smoke is an essential part to the event, but is an issue. I do think that a fence down the middle of the alleyway would help, and if they put signs up saying keep left, then you'd hope people would do what the signs say. And fencing (I'm think construction site fencing) could also provide a good opportunity for scare actors, as they could lean up against the fence and jump out, bang against it, and reach through it to scare people passing by.

Yeah it seemed the ditched the DJ this year but kept the truck. This then begs the question, was the DJ actually a DJ in previous years? Or was it just a cast member they asked to go and bounce around for a while?

It is kind of weird how they have decks up there too. Why the decks & no DJ? I DJ in the valley so I was kind of keen to see him this year and check him out.. but obviously that didn't happen. Even the mix that was being played over the speakers was kind of weird and out of time at points. 

As for an alternative to dubstep, what type of music do you think would fit in that area? A type of genre or just a spookie kind of music?

I have noticed at Universal H (from videos off YouTube) that they use Hardstyle as a genre. I think it sounds kind of ugly, but also kind of works? Haha maybe it could work in some of the precincts to give it that freakish feeling.

Example of hardstyle - https://soundcloud.com/buygore/thequarantine

your response was irrelevant to my question lol

In regards to the fog, has anyone noticed there aren't using the Scooby queue for Fright Nights this year? I noticed it was very hard to see where I was walking whilst exiting Cannibal Clowns. Fog + Stairs = Bad Idea. 

Edited by FoolishMortal999

your response was irrelevant to my question lol

In regards to the fog, has anyone noticed there aren't using the Scooby queue for Fright Nights this year? I noticed it was very hard to see where I was walking whilst exiting Cannibal Clowns. Fog + Stairs = Bad Idea. 

My bad. I meant to quote the one above mine sorry. If it hasn't already been explained, I'll happily tell you after the event to not spoil it for anyone else.

Did the Terror Tour last week. Long story short, i'm a convert. I knew nothing about the Terror Tour and thought it was just a buffet and some fast track passes, boy was I wrong. It's world class stuff. The whole experience is borderline faultless. I was really pleasantly wowed and hand't felt that way since Parque Espana in Japan.

I'll write up something a little more detailed later, but in the interim here's some photos. Don't forget you can checkout my review of Fright Nights here - http://ourworlds.co/fright-nights-2015/

_MG_9133.jpg

_MG_9244.jpg

_MG_9261.jpg

_MG_9368.jpg

_MG_9388.jpg

_MG_9443.jpg

_MG_9457.jpg

Did the Terror Tour last week. Long story short, i'm a convert. I knew nothing about the Terror Tour and thought it was just a buffet and some fast track passes, boy was I wrong. It's world class stuff. The whole experience is borderline faultless. I was really pleasantly wowed and hand't felt that way since Parque Espana in Japan.

Gotta agree there, Slick. I haven't been to any similar experiences in my life, and there's no way in hell I'm going back. I actually coerced a couple of non-enthusiast friends of mine to join me on the tour by highlighting the buffet and Fast Track tickets. Now they've joined the ranks of FN Fans.

For those that attended the tour last year, how do you think it compared to this year?