Fright Nights - 2015

Anyone know what the theoretical capacity of the mazes are?

I remember seeing an episode of Shark Tank earlier in the year, and the business was a year-round haunt. They mentioned their main competition would be FN, which clocked in around 10,000 guests in 10 days, but I've also heard that they have around 3,000 to 4,000 guests a night. Using these figures, could we estimate what the average wait times would be if they decide to have five mazes this year?

Hey everyone, I was just going to ask you guys what you think or hope there might be at Fright Nights 2015 maze wise?  :)

I hope to see five mazes instead of four mazes this year and would personally love to see an Insidious Chapter 3 maze. From what the trailer has offered, it would be quite a scary maze, if not terrifying. It would surely draw in the crowds, much like Wolf Creek 2 last year. Another preference of mine is The Gallows. In the U.S they have a Scare Test based around the movie where you try to escape the school from Charlie and it looks quite fitting for a maze here. As for the other two (or three) mazes, I'm not sure on what I'd like to see besides them to be terrifying! 

I hope to see five mazes instead of four mazes this year

Same here. They really need some more attractions to soak up the crowds now. 

would personally love to see an Insidious Chapter 3 maze. From what the trailer has offered, it would be quite a scary maze, if not terrifying. It would surely draw in the crowds, much like Wolf Creek 2 last year. 

I couldn't agree more. The original has been converted into a maze over at HHN, so I don't see why we can't have our own!

Another preference of mine is The Gallows. In the U.S they have a Scare Test based around the movie where you try to escape the school from Charlie and it looks quite fitting for a maze here. As for the other two (or three) mazes, I'm not sure on what I'd like to see besides them to be terrifying! 

Reviews haven't been too good for this. I would personally prefer if they didn't go with this as an IP, but seeing as how cross-promotions are these days it may be likely. 

I would love to see an American Horror Story maze, but then you have the issue on what season do you portray and how would you approach condensing a whole season of television down into  5 minute maze. 

I do have an idea on how to approach it, but beware that there are spoilers for the first season.

In the finale of the Season, we see the ghostly residents of the Murder House chase out the current residents. I think they could use this as a plot device in a maze, as guests could be going on an Open House where they are chased out by the ghosts. 

Some pretty effective scares could be laced throughout. Could be a great maze, but there would still be some kinks to work through.

Edited by Zanstabar

I would love to see an American Horror Story maze, but then you have the issue on what season do you portray and how would you approach condensing a whole season of television down into  5 minute maze. 

How could I forget, I would love to see an American Horror Story maze. I think Asylum would be the hot pick as it's gorey and scary however, it would be awesome if they were to combine all four seasons into one and at the end of the maze you walk into the hotel. Just a new and cool idea :)

it would be awesome if they were to combine all four seasons into one and at the end of the maze you walk into the hotel. Just a new and cool idea :)

They could just do it the same way they did the Walking Dead mazes and incorporate scenes/themes that lend themselves to the entire series rather than a set season 

The probably with AHS is that it's an anthology show. There is no over-arching antagonist that ties all the seasons together, but rather each season is almost like a different show. New characters, new locations, new plot. This doesn't lend itself well to a mashup maze. 

Walking Dead did it wonderfully because each season follows the same story. Same characters, same antagonist, similar locations. With American Horror Story, some people may not get what's going on if one second you're in the Murder House being startled by a sexy maid before being chased down a mental asylum hallway by a musical nun, witnessing a minotaur chase some innocent girls down the streets of New Orleans and then being taunted and teased by a Floridian murder clown. If AHS was to be made into a maze, I would suggest that it sticks to one season but then the problem of which season to showcase arises. 

just a quick update from today, 

When I was on the WWF, I saw one of the emergency doors at the back of the Show Stage was open, they could have been doing work in there?, I didn't do and AndrewH "which means.. enter a restricted area, start exploring and taking photos". 

just a quick question, has there always been a tent next Sound Stage 1? I saw a tent and a few shipping containers sitting next Sound Stage 1 when I was riding Batwing today, (possible new maze location? could we see 6 mazes at this year's Fright Nights?)

Edited by The_Ninja_59

just a quick update from today, 

When I was on the WWF, I saw one of the emergency doors at the back of the Show Stage was open, they could have been doing work in there?, I didn't do and AndrewH "which means.. enter a restricted area, start exploring and taking photos". 

just a quick question, has there always been a tent next Sound Stage 1? I saw a tent and a few shipping containers sitting next Sound Stage 1 when I was riding Batwing today, (possible new maze location? could we see 6 mazes at this year's Fright Nights?

Probably not. I think six might be too steep bit of a jump. Could happen, but my mind says no. 

Considering that we're seeing construction in the Dodgem arena, it may as well be a tent set up to store some of the scenic pieces from the rain. Even if we had six mazes, I highly doubt it would be located in a tent right next door to a soundstage. If anywhere, another maze should go on the concrete slab out between WWF and Arkham. 

Did you happen to see anything near that slab? 

Had another look today, nothing much has happened. Just paint and a few minor things. We had a look over at the Entry to the ripper maze and the cop car lights where flashing. Someone inside heard us and took the opportunity to scare the absolute shit out of me. Still Shaking from it haha

I love that. Fright Nights is months away, and they're already terrifying guests. 

Seeing as how you've had a quick look at the maze in the Show Stage, do you have any guesses as to what it could be?