Fright Nights - 2015

I noticed on MWs maintenance page that the Dodgems are closed until 16th November, could this mean it's getting a makeover or a new location for one of the mazes this year. The area is a reasonable size, and that may mean that they no longer require the show stage in the western area. Thoughts?

• Gazza changed the title to Fright Nights - 2015

What do you guys want to see at this years Fright Nights? I would like to see a FNAF maze, I just won't think it wouldn't happen as the concept of it won't work, I also want to see an Insidous maze, as the third movie in the series is due to come out this year

FNAF would be terrible in my opinion. I do personally find deteriorated animatronics creepy, but the audience has made some stuff that I just don't think Movie World wouldn't want to exactly promote. 

I would love to see the return of the Film Vault with actual studio related theming. I was watching an interview of Jon Murdy from HHN Hollywood, and one of his main reasons for rejecting IP's is from three core criteria; Enivornments, Characters and Scares. The Film Vault would allow for films that don't meet this criteria to fit a stand alone maze. Films such as Psycho would allow for some amazing scares, but aren't strong enough for an individual maze. This is what I would love to see. 

I stuck my head in the arcade today for a stickybeak. The dodgems are completely sectioned off with divider thingies and have parked arcade machines in front of them. They also have closed the roller door closest to its entrance. Can't really tell what they are doing in there!

I'm very excited for Fright Nights. Never been to a Movieworld special event night before, and this will be my first one. It will be my 10 year old daughter and I attending, ready to get our asses scared off lol :D:D:D

Obviously your choice,  but just be aware that the event could be VERY overwhelming for a 10 year old girl. They recommend 13 and over, and the themes are certainly inline with that, if not 15+. 

In what sense, other than the obvious (scary/horror themes)? My daughter is hard to scare... she just recently completed the BiG9 thrill ride challenge at Dreamworld lol ??? We've also watched a few vids on YT of previous Fright Nights and she says she still wants to go. 

Besides, I don't really want to go alone ????

Edited by OceanGirl

I've been the past few years and I'm always surprised when parents bring their kids. I've seen kids crying and security walking out of the park with them and their parents, to ensure none of the actors scare them. To answer your question OceanGirl, there are scare actors that walk/run around the park. A lot of the time they are hiding behind things or within the thick smoke. Some of the actors don't scare people and are just there to have photos taken with though. The mazes are the scariest part, for obvious reasons. The idea is to scare so the actors will almost do all they can to scare people, hiding within scenes, banging against the set walls, screaming, etc. I am someone who gets scared easily, and it's obviously up to you to judge whether your daughter will be scared or not. But just be warned that there may be a chance that she will want to leave. I have have seen a few younger people be there at the end of the night, but not many. I think a lot of parents expect it to be a fun Halloween themed event, like what the park used to do, but it isn't.

It's really just overall.

the scare factor on a thrill ride is very different to having someone stumble/run/jump out of a smoke filled area covered in blood.

i took my 12 year old nephew 2 years ago and it was far too much for him, he refused the offer to go again last year. 

Some of the performers and mazes (in the case of The Ripper last year) are overly sexual, and I know I felt a little uneasy/awkward having my 14 year old niece with me last year at certain things.

only you know your child's 'comfort' level, but I guess my warning would be just because she can handle thrill rides, or even sit through a Friday the 13th/(insert any horror movie) without getting scared, does not mean she'll be comfortable when its realistic and in her face. To be honest Id recommend you attend without her first (given you haven't been to Fright Nights before) to ensure you are comfortable with what she will see/hear/experience 

Aw, ok. I'll take your word for it guys and wait till she is older. She will be disappointed, but I'll explain to her that it's for the best. At least she will still have the other two events later on to look forward to (they had better be more family friendly lol) ????

I will have to see if I can talk one of my other friends into coming, maybe even my sister if I can talk her into getting one of these new memberships ?

Thanks for your honesty and the heads up. 

OG, my rule of thumb with Fright Nights and children is simple. Would you let your child watch all the films in one of the properties showcased at the event? For example, would you let her watch The Evil Dead? 

I also agree with the experience yourself suggestion. YouTube videos don't always do the experience justice.  Where YouTube is just sight and sound, the mazes can be sight, sound, touch and smell. 

Seeing as how no major horror films are being released in the upcoming months, I wonder what properties they'll showcase. Could we get all originals? But that would not have as much recognition. Could we get some classic franchises being represented? Are the said franchises even relevant anymore? Who knows. I'd love to see everyone's predictions 

Sinister was one of the Best horror movies of the last few years, and the sequel is out soon. That could be a great choice

there is also another insidious just out, poltergeist, another Paranormal Activity on the way.

i really would love to see the return of the Film Vault or something along those lines, or even a standalone Halllween/Michael Myers themed maze

Have it on good authority that because pirates of the Caribbean shooting ran over that there isn't time to utilise studio space like in the past.  So that'll probably mean western stage and bumpers area will be used for fright night. Would explain the barriers up around the bumpers.

No idea how many will/will not be used, only heard that filming had caused problems and had to cause a rethink for available space to utilise. Not enough time to use studio space as before, so that could mean one or both are out. I know as late as 2 weeks ago they were still filming in the tank near outback spectacular. Could see all the lighting on one night driving past on the way home. Pirate ship was still there last week too I think. So I reckon that probably put a dampener on plans. I can imagine it takes months for the carpentry team to even build the sets before the theming can start. So it's something that probably needs a good number of months to build. Wouldn't be surprised if things usually start happening 6 months out from the dates. 

Edited by Levithian

The theory about the Pirates of the Caribbean filming does make sense. And maybe that could explain why the maintenance for the bumper cars was only put on the website a few days/the day before it closed. Maybe Fright Night will only be using one of the sound stages this year, if the other is being occupied. I can't imagine though that the water set next to AOS would have an affect on whether the sound stages were used for FN. I'd say the only reason they wouldn't sue the sound stages they use every year is because they are being used for filming.