Fright Nights - 2015

Yeah I'd like to formally agree with Zanstabar here. There are a lot of 'pie in the sky' ideas thrown around with no thoughts given as to reality, feasibility and affordability... and not just with regard to FNs.

It's fine to speculate... BUT SAY IT IS SPECULATION

it's fine to dream or wish... BUT SAY SO

If you think something is actually possible, and commercially viable then say WHY you feel it would be.

Is this the first time we've ever actually agreed on something from the beginning?

But as Alex said, if you think something is actually possible then please back it up. Treat it like you would writing an essay. Every time a fact is mentioned, back it up. For example, "I think this idea is possible because of xyz".

Edited by Zanstabar

Has there been any work in scooby doo or intencity?

Scooby Doo has been closed for annual maintenance for the past couple of weeks, due to reopen on the 21st. So it's anyone's guess what's going on in there lol. Although I question how Scooby can operate normally queue wise if there is a scare maze inside the castle area?

I'd say the entire intencity building is roughly the same size as the Scooby queuehouse... but they don't usually use all of the scooby queuehouse for a maze - usually they use only half of it, and utilise various entrance \ exits for both attractions separately.

Likewise, intencity (when used) is usually only half used, with the other half remaining business as usual.

I would say that they won't be using the SDSC  queue space again for a maze this year, due to the issues there were last year with the queue for the maze blocking the path. Despite the overflow queue line being used, once that was full it would flow onto the pathway and block access, without cutting though it. So by using the dodgems space for a maze it should stop any issues of blocking pathways.

^I was asking if anyone knew, and/or had seen activity in that area. It would seem logical they would use the location and the only relocation is perhaps Clowns moving from Scooby to Intencity. 

There is a clown themed room out the front of Ricks- my guess is that this is a panic room. They are using the same facade which they used for Cannibal Clowns last year. 

Going by the photos someone posted on this forum ( I don't condone them taking those photos either ) - the maze in intencity is not based on clowns. It looks more like a haunted plantation/mansion. 

^I guess that raises the question, is there a clown maze this year? If the Intencity location doesn't look like a clown and the location where the Ripper is should be used for something better that a clown maze.

It will be interesting to see what these Panic Rooms are like. I'm going second night so I'll want all the intel I can to decide whether to do them or not.

Edited by downunder

^I guess that raises the question, is there a clown maze this year? If the Intencity location doesn't look like a clown and the location where the Ripper is should be used for something better that a clown maze.

It will be interesting to see what these Panic Rooms are like. I'm going second night so I'll want all the intel I can to decide whether to do them or not.

Intel? Why not just do them and enjoy the experience rather than trying to spoil the fun? 

^Dude, I've only got one night free to do Fright Nights. If they are not that good, then I'd rather skip them and focus on other things - so Intel is important to me (and I'll get that from GC friends who would have done first night). It's a pretty packed night already with the Ultimate Tour and everything else, so I want to squeeze a lot in.  

I've got 6 years straight of going to haunts like Halloween Horror Nights and Knott's Scary Farm, so I'm not likely to be surprised (won't complain if I am). I find it all fun rather than scary. And I've got to say MW does Halloween well.

As I've mentioned before, the descriptions lead me to believe that the Panic Rooms are highly similar to Room Escape Attractions. Basically there's a puzzle that needs solving and you have a time limit. Since it's Fright Nights, I'm assuming that scares would be abundant. If you've played any point and click computer games, then this should seem familiar to you.

Whether or not they end up being good is a different question. Depends on the final execution. 

If you've got the tour, I would probably make a decision on the night. You may end up doing all the mazes in record time, leaving enough time to experience a Panic Room.

I would think they would put a maze in the showstage area. Intencity could be a recycled maze from the past by looking at the previous pictures. Clowns could be a scare zone this year?

Screen_Shot_2015-09-09_at_3.11.28_PM.thu

Clowns could be a scare zone. Would tie in nicely with the Panic Room in Main Street. As you can see, we probably wouldn't be seeing any repeats. 

If you've bought The Ultimate Terror Tour package, I wouldn't worry about missing out on anything - with the fast track passes, they speed up your wait times like you wouldn't believe. Usually, I would tell people not to go on the rides due to how long the queues are ( plus the rides are there all year around - not the mazes)

Also, keep in mind that the first night tends to have a few teething problems.

The talk of the town is that this year is going to be the biggest & best Fright Nights yet so if you're going to be surprised it will be in a positive context.

Edited by FoolishMortal999

Ultimate Tour has unlimited fast lane for Superman and Scooby, so I plan on getting a few laps on Superman at night. I want to do the two soundstage mazes at least 6 times. And I plan on taking advantage of all the free food and drink in the VIP lounge. The tour / mini show you get with the Ultimate Tour takes a while. Unless a meteor hits Movie World, it's going to be good fun.  

Surprise! 2 mazes no one asked for are back - wolf creek 2 AND evil within ? it's on their snapchat. How disappointing, I guess there were budget cuts this year. 

YES!!!!! I'm so excited! That's four IP mazes this year instead of two IP mazes and two generic. This should be freaking awesome!!!

I am happy Evil Within is back. It was such a good maze, had such great scares and amazing effects. As for Wolf Creek 2, I am a quite disappointed. I didn't really understand why everyone likes it so much last year. From my experience it lacked in scares and the end in the torture tunnels dragged on a bit. Hopefully this will be improved it is in show stage as there might be more scares compacted in the smaller space.