Fright Nights - 2015

I find it funny how they advertised it as "4 new mazes" when they knew full well it was only 2/4. Wish they would stop introducing stupid mazes no one asks for like Wrymwood (who has even heard of that movie?) and instead introduce Hollywood horror classics or actually relevant movies that people would be able to say "hey I know that movie". Friday the 13th is the only decent one this year.. I hope they have a horror icons scare zone.

Edited by kujotess

I find it funny how they advertised it as "4 new mazes" when they knew full well it was only 2/4. Wish they would stop introducing stupid mazes no one asks for like Wrymwood (who has even heard of that movie?) and instead introduce Hollywood horror classics or actually relevant movies that people would be able to say "hey I know that movie". Friday the 13th is the only decent one this year.. I hope they have a horror icons scare zone.

No need to get so heated. I'm not all too chuffed with what we've got, but at least we have something. They could've easily given us half-assed mazes like "The Darkness" for all four. Instead, they've given four highly detailed and effective mazes. I don't really know Wyrmwood, nor do many people I know, but I'm not a horror aficionado. While I enjoy Fright Nights, I don't have my finger on the horror film pulse like others. Maybe that's their target audience?

No need to get so heated. I'm not all too chuffed with what we've got, but at least we have something. They could've easily given us half-assed mazes like "The Darkness" for all four. Instead, they've given four highly detailed and effective mazes. I don't really know Wyrmwood, nor do many people I know, but I'm not a horror aficionado. While I enjoy Fright Nights, I don't have my finger on the horror film pulse like others. Maybe that's their target audience?

not heated at all, just my opinion.

Movieworld have spent alot more money on this years fright night and have had to reuse some mazes and get one cheap. they have the four panic rooms (some arnt new). and the horror precints, alot more has been put into this years. 

I am deactivating my account so best wishes for this years fright night, and I guess ill see some of you there. Ill be there everynight...

HINT: Im a Zombie xx

Movieworld have spent alot more money on this years fright night and have had to reuse some mazes and get one cheap. they have the four panic rooms (some arnt new). and the horror precints, alot more has been put into this years. 

I am deactivating my account so best wishes for this years fright night, and I guess ill see some of you there. Ill be there everynight...

So you do work there, you fucking dickhead.

Great to see someone who's contracted/employed by the park, even in a temp basis for a special event to be a terrible representative for the park and the event itself. I sincerely hope MW find out who this is and terminate their employment prior to the commencement of FN. 

Edited by reanimated35
spelling

So, I was right all along. The company should have every right to terminate your employment.

Since I am doing the Ultimate Terror Tour this year, I'm contemplating what mazes will have the secret viewing rooms, I think it will be in one or possibly both the two returning mazes. Thoughts?

well, last year they had a viewing area for the UTT groups in Showstage - you walk down the dark London alley and a woman shoo's you away with a mop and there was a hole in the wall so you could shoot water at the guests giving the effect it's urine. Maybe they'll do something like that in show stage again ( obviously something that ties in with the theme) 

I think you guys are being very ungrateful. A lot of work goes into those mazes and the detailing alone is fantastic.

As a guest, I think all the previous mazes have been  superb!  Even the generic ones like Psycho 3D, Darkness, Frozen: Zombie Apocalypse, Hillbilly Slasher 1 & 2 and The Ripper ( even the original ' Fright Zone' gave me chills) 

I'm sure the crew looks at these posts and do everything they can to make you guys satisfied. Okay, they don't have an animatronic werewolf and they don't have a tram tour either but tbh I'm actually very proud to see what started from a bit of swamp land into this fantastic theme park. It's not Los Angeles, they didn't place it in the middle of the city of filmmaking.

They placed it next to one studio and surrounded by swamp land and they made it into something fantastic ? What I'm saying is that it's obvious movie world has put so much work into these events. I have no idea but I'm sure just getting the rights for the licensing alone would take a while. I go to the event with my friends and we see how much work gets put in by the designers, the tech crew and the performers. Just show some appreciation, everyone. 

So, I was right all along. The company should have every right to terminate your employment.

well, last year they had a viewing area for the UTT groups in Showstage - you walk down the dark London alley and a woman shoo's you away with a mop and there was a hole in the wall so you could shoot water at the guests giving the effect it's urine. Maybe they'll do something like that in show stage again ( obviously something that ties in with the theme) 

I think you guys are being very ungrateful. A lot of work goes into those mazes and the detailing alone is fantastic.

As a guest, I think all the previous mazes have been  superb!  Even the generic ones like Psycho 3D, Darkness, Frozen: Zombie Apocalypse, Hillbilly Slasher 1 & 2 and The Ripper ( even the original ' Fright Zone' gave me chills) 

I'm sure the crew looks at these posts and do everything they can to make you guys satisfied. Okay, they don't have an animatronic werewolf and they don't have a tram tour either but tbh I'm actually very proud to see what started from a bit of swamp land into this fantastic theme park. It's not Los Angeles, they didn't place it in the middle of the city of filmmaking.

They placed it next to one studio and surrounded by swamp land and they made it into something fantastic ? What I'm saying is that it's obvious movie world has put so much work into these events. I have no idea but I'm sure just getting the rights for the licensing alone would take a while. I go to the event with my friends and we see how much work gets put in by the designers, the tech crew and the performers. Just show some appreciation, everyone. 

You are absolutely completely right, I was a little disappointed at first because I, personally as a huge horror movie fan was hoping for a Texas Chainsaw maze, but I have to admit, the Evil Within and Wolf Creek mazes last year were absolutely on point and I look forward to entering them again, I am also extremely excited for the Friday the 13th maze, Wyrmwood doesn't look like a very good movie just from the trailer's perspective, but some of the characters, (if pulled off properly), look like they could set the scene for some pretty good scares. I really do hope that there is a purge and/or horror icons precinct, but this year is looking to be a great year for fright nights, and I hope that the atmosphere even outside of the mazes is still as good as always, I have been to the 2013 and 2014 fright nights, 2013 I only got to enter the Hillbilly maze, and I sadly missed out on The Walking Dead maze which I was hyped as hell for at the time, in 2014 I got in all 4 mazes which was AWESOME! (not a fan of the clown maze thought because all they did when I went in was sorta stare at you, which sucked IMO) but this year looks like it's gonna be awesome, especially with the panic rooms, can't wait to see what they have in store for us, especially hyped for the TVCs!

- Connor

Note: I really.. Really hope that this employee guy gets terminated prior to the event, anyone keen on filing a report?

As I said. Even the world leading events only add a couple of new mazes a year and the rest make re-appearances. Some even have massive followings and get tweaked each year. 

Why would you expect MW to have 4 new mazes each year? Those two were amazing last year so this year we get 4 A grade mazes, not 2 great ones and 2 cheaper ones. 

IMO this is a big improvement, not a let down. 

As I said. Even the world leading events only add a couple of new mazes a year and the rest make re-appearances. Some even have massive followings and get tweaked each year. 

Why would you expect MW to have 4 new mazes each year? Those two were amazing last year so this year we get 4 A grade mazes, not 2 great ones and 2 cheaper ones. 

IMO this is a big improvement, not a let down. 

I wouldn't call Hillbilly Slasher exactly cheap. I found it to be just as fleshed out as The Evil Dead. I'm happy that we've got four full mazes rather than a disappointment (looking at you, Darkness...).

As for improvement, I guess we'll have to see when the event is actually underway. For all we know, the transition from soundstage to dodgem arena could have neutered the experience, or made it much, much better.

Side Note: Could Wyrmwood be Fright Night's first ever delve into a black comedy style house? After watching the trailer, it's hard to not notice the comedic elements. Do you think they'll emphasise some of the humour? Or pull a serious tone?

Edited by Zanstabar

Darkness was just as scary. It didn't need blood and gore. If it was such a let down how come whenever I walked past it, I could hear the screams and see people running out. The same goes with Clowns, so many people hate clowns the fact that they got all up in your face and looked absolutely ghastly and they were screeching in your ear and mocking you - it brought a lot of screams out. It didn't need a fancy set. I never thought hillbilly was cheap.

if we did file a report, how could we? We don't know who that person is so we can't file a report on the employee. 

Darkness was just as scary. It didn't need blood and gore. If it was such a let down how come whenever I walked past it, I could hear the screams and see people running out. The same goes with Clowns, so many people hate clowns the fact that they got all up in your face and looked absolutely ghastly and they were screeching in your ear and mocking you - it brought a lot of screams out. It didn't need a fancy set. I never thought hillbilly was cheap.

I found The Darkness very simple and budgeted but terrifying. My group of 3 went through at the end of the night when the line was near to empty and we went through with just ourselves. The whole experience was a lot better than going with a big group of 10-15. I find they select people to scare then go back to hiding for the next group of people to scare, which is why I found Wolf Creek not that great. 

Edited by maxito

Let me preface this by saying that I'm an easily startled person. I have emitted audible screams when the toaster pops just because I haven't exepected it.

The Darkness did jack all for me and the people I was with. The scenes, or hallways in this case, we completely devoid of detail. While that may be the fit the aesthetic style, it came across more half-assed and dollar store then it did an aesthetic choice. As for scares, the whole idea of not seeing them coming really fell flat. You could see them from ages away. It didn't help that most weren't hiding in nooks or crannies, but rather just standing in the middle of the path.

I can't speak for Cannibal Clowns but  Darkness, as much as I adore the work of the creative team, came across as half-assed and just flat. It's good to see that you've had a different experience, however.

if we did file a report, how could we? We don't know who that person is so we can't file a report on the employee. 

I didn't enjoy the Darkness as much. I went through it 3 times over the course of Fright Nights in 2013 and I was only scared one time because I was at the front and had to guide the group. Whereas for Cannibal Clowns, I found that terrifying! Especially when you go in at the end of the night when there is nobody in line, I thought I was going to die but it was such a great experience to go through when it's only four people than ten. I liked the fact how they could move freely around the maze because each experience was a different one. If you're going this year, stay till the very end of the night and do the mazes all again because doing them in a small group is so much fun!

Quick question : what was your favourite scene in Evil Within and Wolf Creek 2 Mazes? What did you find to be the most scariest part of each maze? 

Evil Within - The part where Ruvik jumps out( scariest) and the reborn spider ( favourite)

Wolf Creek - The Cop Car ( favourite ) and the tunnel of victims  ( scariest) 

Edited by FoolishMortal999

Evil Within- Favourite: Reborn Laura. Scariest: Definitely the character with the Chainsaw. Lord help me if there is ever a Texas Chainsaw Massacre maze at Fright Nights. The revolving spikes were great and the smoke/fog that fell downwards was awesome. I hope they keep the same level of detail this year. 

Wolf Creek 2: Favourite: The scare in the bush/trees near the start. Scariest: Mick Taylor with the handsaw. That was beyond terrifying (for me) and the noise it produced added to the scare. I personally found the victims in the tunnel boring and seemed to drag on a bit. Hopefully this year they add more scares from Mick Taylor and less victims.