Green Lantern incident at MW

Jakev8

Another article popped up today from MyGC, i'm not going to post it as they've copied some of imagery without attribution and the last thing I want is for that sort of thing to be supported by giving them more ad money.

In saying that, I wrote up a rant about it all, which you can read here: http://ourworlds.co/theme-park-safety/

TLDR?

Why do we love reading these clickbait articles? It's because unlike the aviation industry, theme parks are selling the idea of fear to get you through the gate. The scarier, the better. And let's be fair here, if they weren't topping themselves year in and year our with bigger, faster thrill rides, you'd stop visiting. Mainstream media knows this, and knows a good story when they see it, so naturally it's headline news. And despite a ride working exactly as it should, that it would stop automatically as a precaution, we still have articles like this one where big brands think it's okay to turn the routine into drama, and to take from the little guy.

Last I read this afternoon, the ride has been closed down again indefinitely. At least that's what the media is reporting online :(  Although I am fairly sure (as far as I am aware, anyway) this just in response to the breakdowns yesterday. I dare say Movie World is under a lot of pressure at the moment to follow up in an urgent manner, given the amount of media spotlight that is on them right now :huh:

The ride was cycling when I drove past at 6pm so they were obviously working on whatever the issue is. 

11 minutes ago, Bailz said:

Green Lantern really doesn't need any more downtime, no one hardly goes on it as it is when I'm their. The safety measures worked, so why shut it down?

Ride breakdowns are not necessarily relative to how many people ride it or how often it cycles. If it is in downtime, clearly there is a problem. How relatively minor that is right now, is only speculation 

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/31201279/green-lantern-breaks-yet-again/#page1

Here's the latest update (on nothing) Apparently low air pressure cause the "breakdown" and according to channel 7 that can cause another de-railment. And apparently "Industry experts" say the ride should be permanently closed. This shit absolutely makes me furious 

Lol normally I wouldn't comment but that 7 story is hilarious!!

Firstly in the opening shot the ride can be seen cycling in the background :P

Then they say it's due to low air compression (wow good use of terminology there). 

Then you have the comment about 'industry insiders'. Notice they didn't say experts! So that's probably some 15 year old kid with a website. 

A park doesn't even give an opening time for an attraction on the same day, so why would they say when it will re-open. 

If it's an air leak, it probably needs a part which they obviously need to arrive and then install. 

Sooooo minor, remember air is used to OPEN not close breaks. 

Such a funny story of drivel to watch