Green Lantern incident at MW

Jakev8

^I doubt that they will have it running during WC this year. I'd say at this stage they'd just want to have it going in the day, just in case there are any issues). Hopefully they will have it running at next years night events.

Do people think that MW will become strict with loose items on the GL again? I mean with having to use lockers again, so the staff member at the start of the queue line can make sure no one has loose items.

53 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

What makes you think this incident would influence their decision on loose items? 

I just think that they may want to ensure people that people don't have loose items on them. Just after the incident I'd imagine they would take every procortion to try and stop an incident from happening again, and as loose items could result in something happening (hence the reason why they make people take items out their pockets). If they have someone check at the start of the queue then people would need to use lockers, but if there isn't, people may not listen and ignore the signage and ride attendants. I've seen many people ignore the attendant in the SE queue people would be there on their phones. It's just that small handful of people.

Loose items are unlikely to cause mechanical issues - most loose items policies are either:

1. designed to raise revenue from locker fees
  2. to prevent injury to spectators walking under \ around the ride
  3. to reduce issues where numbnuts drop their hat \ phone \ wallet inside the ride envelope, requiring ride shutdown to retrieve them.
  4. to increase loading speed as people don't need to stow belongings when they sit down

Final destination style incidents aren't likely.

See that map is deceiving. Yes it shows the Chinatown alley as being open as kind of a Main Street Bypass, however last Saturday when we attended the event, the route as described on the map was closed making it quite a pain to navigate Main Street during and prior to the parade as people seem to enjoy camping on the street.

43 minutes ago, AlexB said:

forget GL.... CHINATOWN is open again??? or is it JUST during WC?

Certainly a space they should be utilising all the time - especially for crowd control at events.

I have to FN map from this year, and it even shows that Chinatown Alley is open. I also neglects to show the roof across Main Street, so I think it's a little outdated

1 hour ago, Zanstabar said:

I have to FN map from this year, and it even shows that Chinatown Alley is open. I also neglects to show the roof across Main Street, so I think it's a little outdated

The map would be useless if Main St was covered with a big grey rectangle. How would you know what's under it?

Edited by Brad2912