Green Lantern incident at MW

Jakev8

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

The map would be useless if Main St was covered with a big grey rectangle. How would you know what's under it?

I don't have the current day-to-day park map on me at the moment, but the FN Map from this year has the end of Main Street basically swapped out with the same graphic design from a few years ago, trees and all. Pretty sure the current maps actually show some form of transparent roof.

Also, Chinatown Alley is actually pretty much gone from the map. It just shows an empty, desolate alley. So, I kinda screwed up there...

They do have maps where the roof is a 'ghost' over the street, which is fine for general operations - but in FN where there are multiple attractions under the roof I can imagine it would be easier to not show it at all... i mean it's not like people are gonna look at the map and say 'nah this isn't the spot - this place has a roof over it!'

• 3 months later...

Channel 7 news just started on TV, in the headlines it had something about the Green Lantern breaking down again today and leaving people stranded. Will wait for the news story and see what the go is lol. But yeah, it has managed to make it into the media on a slow news day again... 

ETA: So it got stuck for an entire 5 minutes. Whoopee :rolleyes: Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. They got witness interviews and everything, hahaha. And of course they dug up all the drama from last year with it. Lame. 

Edited by OceanGirl

It's problem Plaugued, omg! It's a ride, it's going to make mistakes sometimes. If you going to care on about being stuck on a ride for 5 minutes your just whinging, at least your not stuck up their for 5 minutes. Did anyone get hurt? No, so why does it even make the news. I feel like the news are having a go at Movieworld. It's an awesome ride, if you going to be concerned for your safety don't go to Movieworld. There is safety measures in place to stop accidents happening, and they kicked in. I'm pretty sure you don't need witnesses for a ride stoppage. What are you going to say, oh the ride stopped at the top, and I had to walk all the way down. Yay, exercise! LOL

2 hours ago, Santa07 said:

Oh for god's sake, the ride simply stopped at a block break, that's what the ride is meant to do if a fault is picked up. It did what it was meant to do, not what it wasn't meant to do.

Well, it is the news, where you see stupid shit that's designed to remind all of us that the world is a shitty place.