New Season at Adventure World 2015/16

Adam C

Click bait spambot does not compute. Don't worry about that, Mark, you've got more important things to do. Just over two weeks to go!  We're looking forward to the new season.  Can't wait to ride Abyss again. Any new surprises or modifications there?

Abyss has some additional signage going into the queue race to bring the druids to life a little more. we are also testing out a little sensory addition inside the building next week so hopefully that works well... emphasis on the word "little".  Otherwise its just the same Awesome coaster as before. 

Mark

Good morning.  The Car Park is owned by the state and run by Cockburn council under a management order. They licence it to us.

This new path has been agreed together but is being installed by Cockburn so sadly no new signage. YET.  It is planned (but not yet confirmed) to fully refurbish the Car park next winter. #Long overdue.

Still looking likely MI2 will open to the public Sept 30th.

Mark

A friend of mine visited Adventure World, today, and took lots of photos.  It looks like the paddle boats around the old castle lake have disappeared.  Apparently, the pirate's hair at Buccaneer Bay moves in the wind.  A number of the slides up the hill have new names and the operators have snazzy new uniforms (with tentacles, no less).  The new water slide's name is covered up and there are no references to it anywhere.  The top of the hill was closed, with the chair lift not operating and the Freefall still in pieces. There's a new park map too.  The place was pretty packed with families (already using the new cabanas), kids at Physic's Day and executives making important phone calls.  I'm planning on making a visit on the weekend.    

IMG_0647b.jpg

IMG_0595b.jpg

IMG_0601b.jpg

IMG_0602b.jpg

IMG_0603b.jpg

IMG_0604b.jpg

IMG_0606b.jpg

IMG_0610b.jpg

IMG_0611b.jpg

IMG_0612b.jpg

IMG_0614b.jpg

IMG_0618b.jpg

IMG_0632b.jpg

IMG_0643b.jpg

I thought AW were renaming the slides on the hill (the Tunnel of Terror, Rocky mountain and the mat slides), but nonetheless I still like the names of the Shotgun, the Aqua Super 6 and the Speed Slides. Still will call them their original names IMO.

I'm shocked that AW installed that rankings board only last year- and assumably its gone.

Odd that Freefall hasn't been set up but it is still on the map, implying that Freefall will still be open for this season. IMO Freefall was a bad decision- it was old when they got it, and has been a maintenance nightmare ever since AW got it 6 years ago.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

Adventure World is looking nice, including the front of the new walled car park.  The paddle boats definitely look to be a part of history as the station has pretty much been removed.  Abyss was running smoothly, today, although the guardians are looking a little weathered. There are plenty of shade sails up around the place.  Many of the paths have been re-coated, so as to not burn the feet. The new water slide is not currently being tested.  Freefall looks really run down and it doesn't seem like it'll be working anytime soon.  The cheesy bacon fries were a popular addition to the menu.  Having the discount with the season pass really helps on keeping the prices down.  And yeah.. I've got a new wide-angled lens.

IMG_2277b.jpg

IMG_2483b.jpg

IMG_2282b.jpg

IMG_2300b.jpg

IMG_2295b.jpg

IMG_2318b.jpg

IMG_2319b.jpg

IMG_2324b.jpg

IMG_2343b.jpg

IMG_2348b.jpg

IMG_2354b.jpg

IMG_2349b.jpg