New Season at Adventure World 2015/16

Adam C

There's been a lot of healthy talk over a certain attraction coming to AW this coming season.  But what about the rest of the park?  What is the Platinum pass? Are any other changes taking place? Will the castle remains remain the same?  Is anything leaving?  What news on the menu?  Are there any plans/ideas to load patrons on to slides/rides any quicker or more efficiently? And what is Mi3? I'm guessing some of our readers may have a finger or two in the AW pie so as they say in Gavin & Stacey "What's occurring?"

Edited by joz

I love how we're thinking ahead, already.  It's great that there are so many of us from WA here.  There's already been talk about a Kidz Tornado by ProSlide - they look really cool.  Gazza also mentioned rethemeing of certain other areas near the new slide too.

My question is: how much would we be willing to pay for a platinum pass?

I think the willingness probably boils down to whether you think it's good value or otherwise.  The last thing the guys at AW want is for the platinum pass to be a failure due to lack of take up.  

Might is possible that the said pass could offer a slightly more generous deal just to get 100% take up?  Also, the website mentioned that numbers are limited so what AW are offering might have a limited capacity.  

Ill probably hold off on my season pass until the Platinum details are out and then weigh up the pro & Cons.  Can't wait though.

Our early bird season pass is already $148, so a regular one bought in season would be more than that. Depending on what it includes, a platinum pass could be $200 or more. It would be interesting to see how limited they would be, especially if they include fast pass privileges.

We do realise that we spelt 'adventure' incorrectly in the title of this thread, right?

Edited by iwerks

the article suggests that each raft will be dispatched at a rate of 1 per 24 seconds.  I'm guessing 600 people per hour will include 4 riders in every raft.  

I assumed that would be a given? forced 4's...

Gonna be awkward for groups of 3? (e.g. dad and 2 kids because mum is too scared to go on anything)

I'm sure it works everywhere else with 4 person rafts... I've only been on a 4 person raft slide a few times and every time it was in a group of 2 and we just matched up with other 2 person groups easily in queue 

It's frustrating to find absolutely nothing as far as a stats sheet for the cloverleaf. its a trademarked product, yet you can't find anything on proslides website, other than that they use them on some of their slides. the korean company they manufacture them through doesn't even have them.

I'm sure there'd be a patent somewhere - but even then i'm not sure it'd say what the limit was on it.

I guess the thing is whilst the raft itself would have a weight limit that wouldn't necessarily correlate to the weight limit for it's use on each slide. 

Weight limits for various slides would differ depending on the layout of the slide, elements, etc mostly to control speed. 

So publishing the  stats may cause confusion. 

I assumed that would be a given? forced 4's...

Gonna be awkward for groups of 3? (e.g. dad and 2 kids because mum is too scared to go on anything)

I'm sure it works everywhere else with 4 person rafts... I've only been on a 4 person raft slide a few times and every time it was in a group of 2 and we just matched up with other 2 person groups easily in queue 

We might see the return of the single rider queue.  It's used on lots of other rides around the  world so wouldn't be a surprise.

• 3 weeks later...

Its a theoretical maximum of 600 pph.

In practice, rafts will go out with less than 4 on ocassion, and sometimes even only 2 depending on how the op is at merging groups.

Sometimes they go out with less than 4 if everyone in a party is heavy and they need to split them to keep it under 320kg.

In reality, very few rides achieve their maximum, apart from a few star attractions at Universal and Disney where vehicles basically never go out with empty seats and operations are well honed.

I've only ever seen two slides with single rider lines....Wildebeest and Mammoth at holiday world, but those slides are run more like a typical theme park attraction with a loading station and groupers than a water slide.

They can't just not let single riders ride.
How will us lonely enthusiasts with no theme park loving friends be able to ride the waterslides?

The only option is a Lonely Theme Park Enthusiast Perth meetup in October.  As I recall they do allow rafts of 2 and 3 riders at GC WnW & White Water World.  But I do think a subbing a single rider into a group of three would be uncomfortable. 

Its a theoretical maximum of 600 pph.

Do you have an idea what the maximum for, say the Shotgun slides would be?  They also do four riders at a time but the queues can get pretty long - typically I'll only ride it once because the queue is too long.

The only option is a Lonely Theme Park Enthusiast Perth meetup in October.  As I recall they do allow rafts of 2 and 3 riders at GC WnW & White Water World.  But I do think a subbing a single rider into a group of three would be uncomfortable. 

Do you have an idea what the maximum for, say the Shotgun slides would be?  They also do four riders at a time but the queues can get pretty long - typically I'll only ride it once because the queue is too long.

shotgun is a slightly different slide as it features two flumes with two double donuts. So unless there is no queue, there will always be 4 riders each time.  I'm guessing AW will try their best to fill the tubes where they can.  My son & I had to wait for another small group to show before we could ride the 5/6 man raft at Blizzard Beach last year.  If it means a 1 hour queue reduces to 40 minutes then it's a no brainer.

• 3 weeks later...
Update from Mark @ AW.

All,

By way of an update, the theming is now starting its install on Mi2. we still have a fair bit of painting to do and fingers crossed the weather is kind to us. Its even more impressive than I first thought.

Bumper boats is also starting to take shape and will be a significantly improved experience this year.

6 new cabana's are in, 3 around the main lagoon pool and 3 adjacent to the lower pool of Dragons Kingdom (Dragons Falls) for the very young families.

Much work has been going on with the food range which of course I have found time to taste test. (ITS A TOUGH JOB BUT SOMEONE'S GOTTA DO IT!)  There are some great improvements coming along there.  We have added a Tiki themed arch sign for the Tiki bar and in the off periods are going to be releasing dates for groups to hire this area out as a super cabana! just finalising operational details then hopefully it will be available for people to start booking out.

New small theming details have been added to Dragons Kingdom and its really starting to look lovely.

New surfacing is being laid on the Alpine Mountain ascent and connecting roads to castle, Black widow and Abyss, all of which were in poor condition. Alpine Mountain has a new name........ as do all of the slides.

The name and theming reveal for Mi2 will feature on Today Tonight around the 14th.

New website is coming along but probably wont be ready for season open, more like mid October. Upgrades to the e-commerce platform behind the website have been done and are now live. This has resulted in the halving of time it takes to process a season pass and with an expected 30,000 + passes being sold this year that's a big win (among others)

We just had our best ever turn out for our team auditions resulting in a brilliant 1 in 8 of those who turned up being offered a position, resulting in a very high calibre of super friendly, smart and motivated people to complement our excellent returning team members from last season.

There is a ton of more little things going on around the place and the energy and pace is frenetic just now. We are all very excited though about the coming season and really looking forward to opening the gates up one more time.

Regards

Mark

2 people like this  Like this