Speculation: New Attraction Planned for Movie World in 2016

So it looks like there wont be one ride, but more than one. Hmmm, interesting.

I know it says rideS, but realisically - unless the park is going the way of Sunway management - rideS are inevitable.... nothing says it can't take 6 years to do it though! (although i'm hopeful it will be in the next year or so... i need something to bring me back to the parks... they've all been a bit *yawn* lately...)

• 3 months later...

Would it be wrong to say that with the Commonwealth Games coming to the Gold Coast in 2018, that the parks would be trying to install at least one new ride before that time to capitalise on the expected influx of tourists during this time period?

At least it did state rides so we can at least be hopefull that does come true.

"waiting for DW to announce new rides"....

4 hours ago, thunder001 said:

Would it be wrong to say that with the Commonwealth Games coming to the Gold Coast in 2018, that the parks would be trying to install at least one new ride before that time to capitalise on the expected influx of tourists during this time period?

Wow - it seems so obvious I don't know why nobody has said it before!

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/12/2015 at 3:27 PM, thunder001 said:

whats also not been mentoned in this thread is that movie world (well more precisely village roadshow studios) will host the boxing, squash and table tennis. there will be a ton of people next door and they need to try and get some to make a day of it - a session of boxing at melbourne 2006 was 2 or so hours long...

^I hear they are staging most events at MW. The 100 metre sprint is scheduled to start at park opening and runs from the gate to Superman LOL.

I would think that Movie World would want at least one visually impressive new ride, so when the TV coverage does the aerial pan over the GC during the games that might be something they focus on, and viewers all over the world will think that place looks cool. A 500 foot tall launched woodie with fire effects and aquatrax may achieve this.

We don't yet know what the park has planned for these new precincts, and whether any of these parts will fit into or take over any show stage land...

if they are to go for a new show stage show, I hope it isn't a corny childrens character song and dance, but rather a more upscale production - a stunt show, magic show or similar.