Speculation: New Attraction Planned for Movie World in 2016

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has anything to do with the planned attraction, but looks like Superman has a big chunk of downtime in the middle of next year - 18/4-8/5 and then again from 18/7-13/9. Wild West Falls is also getting an extended closure (13/6-28/8) could either be for winter or nearby construction.

it's been mentioned already.

I don't really see how SE could be impacted by construction, unless the construction was to take place within the SE envelope.

WWF doesn't close for winter, but it does need annual maintenance and as it gets on in years it's maintenance is going to be more and more involved.

just have to wait and see.

I'd still hope for a great coaster in the wild west area - a proper thrill-seeking mine cart coaster would be brilliant. All the theming of Big Thunder Mountain, but with loops and stuff - a proper thrillseeker's coaster, but given a western theme.

I hope that the new precinct and hotel they're looking at building can, and does, allow the attractions at Movie World to work well together. I'd still hope for a cinema, some bars and restaurants, a few shops, so that people staying overnight have something to do (and people visiting can stick around longer, or bring new people in).

Maybe they could just a few cinemas in under the Village name instead of a massive multiplex, plus Village have a joint venture with Event Cinemas which is what I'm presuming we'll see at Coomera. 

I'd also guess we'd see an Intencity since that's also a Village property. I'd like to then see them move the one in MW out and use that area for another attraction. 

Disney used to have arcades in their parks... and they had arcades in their resorts. they actually rotated arcade machines in between the parks and resorts to 'change it up' regularly... so I doubt they'd remove intencity in park just because they had a new intencity outside the park.

On that note - if they're including the intencity brand, i'd like to see them go back to the intencity of old - like the former one at Parramatta Westfield. One that wasn't just a glamorous Timezone, but was in fact a VR centre with all sorts of sims - Parramatta had a full motion flight sim, mecha sims, centrifuge (similar to mission space) and quite a few other experiences in addition to the standard arcade... I once spent many hours (and dollars) there during school holidays back in my time - but i am getting on in years. i'd love to see something like that again in the future.

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Chermside? The Westfield there has a massive multiplex - 12 screens + vmax + 2 gold class

That's that I mean, with all of the options in the area and the Coomera addition they could get away with two Gold Class and maybe one Vmax in an entertainment precinct. As for distance, Chermside has Stafford, Toombul and to a degree Strathpine nearby so the distance wouldn't be too much of an issue.

1 hour ago, pin142 said:

That's that I mean, with all of the options in the area and the Coomera addition they could get away with two Gold Class and maybe one Vmax in an entertainment precinct. As for distance, Chermside has Stafford, Toombul and to a degree Strathpine nearby so the distance wouldn't be too much of an issue.

Stafford city is a Hoyts though (one of only a few in Qld). 

Anything is possible, but given the north Gold Coast has only ever been serviced by 1 cinema (reading Harbourtown), I can't see them opening 2 new cinemas within the next 3-5 years. But stranger things have happened