CYCLONE Roller Coaster at Dreamworld

Trevor A Knott

it can't follow the current track backwards, that is a complete impossibility. After the lift hill it's speed and gravity that takes the train on its journey. Without that at the start it couldn't get around the track 

Follows track the same way, people face other way. It's not actually going backwards, just the passenger is. 

Follows track the same way, people face other way. It's not actually going backwards, just the passenger is. 

yeah I get that, other people seemed To think it would be forward facing just going around the current track in a reversed path

I must say it would be cool to see the cyclone turned around but I'm with ocean girl unless you can get solid prove I can't believe yet.

but but I thought faith could move mountains...

This is probably the dumbest thread I've read in the last month.  You have posters who wouldn't quality for English as a second language, people who think the train will leave the loading station via the exit, and people who can't get their head around the direction the passengers face versus the direction of travel.

...who wouldn't quality for English...

Is it ironic that the one line where you condemn those who can't type properly is the one line where you have made a pretty decent mistake?

While I do find it hard to read some of those posts, I don't think it's the worse thing ever as you seem to have put it. I can understand their intent and majority of what they were trying to say. Not everyone can be a perfect 10. 

The one thing I will agree with you on is the direction of travel discussion. For a group of theme park enthusiasts, I thought majority of us would know a general idea of basic physics. 

• Like 1

Lol at everyone saying a coaster running backwards is unfeasible.

What about....

-Batman Backwards at Six Flags.

-Hollywood Dreams backwards train at Universal Japan

-When Indiana Jones at Disneyland Paris ran backwards for a while.

-Mr Freeze: Reverse Blast.

-The way Paramount ran one side of their wooden racing coasrers backwards prior to Cedar Fair buying them out.

-Swarm: Brave it Backwards at Thorpe Park

Etc.

Its not exactly a mnew untested concept.

I'm excited if I get to come kum by the 26th of December.  

What if it kums too early? Say September?

the mechanism that locks into the lift hill chain only works when the train is forward. If the train is turned around the mechanism won't lock into the chain. That is unless they bring in a new train

Or just, change that one little part to suit rather than the whole friggen train.

Edited by Gazza

I Have Proof It Is True 

Here is the email dreamworld sent me:

Hi Totta3, 

The rumours of a revamp for Cyclone are absolutely true. This absolutely includes an overhaul of the carriages. As to reversing them, or what other changes may occur, you will have to wait and see. 

We would love to see this done by Christmas, however the timeframes for these big projects are fluid and right now we are focused on a few other big surprises coming up so I don't think a set launch date has been established. Cyclone is getting some big time love and it will start late this year, fingers crossed it is in time for Christmas holidays. When the date is ready to be released, we will start posting some teasers on our Facebook Page, so keep watching this space. 

Regards, 

Natalee McArthur

Guest Services Manager

Dreamworld  |  WhiteWater World  |  SkyPoint

I Have Proof It Is True 

Here is the email dreamworld sent me:

Hi Totta3, 

The rumours of a revamp for Cyclone are absolutely true. This absolutely includes an overhaul of the carriages. As to reversing them, or what other changes may occur, you will have to wait and see. 

We would love to see this done by Christmas, however the timeframes for these big projects are fluid and right now we are focused on a few other big surprises coming up so I don't think a set launch date has been established. Cyclone is getting some big time love and it will start late this year, fingers crossed it is in time for Christmas holidays. When the date is ready to be released, we will start posting some teasers on our Facebook Page, so keep watching this space. 

Regards, 

Natalee McArthur

Guest Services Manager

Dreamworld  |  WhiteWater World  |  SkyPoint

Here

I did hear from a staff member a while back the overhaul would be bigger that the TOT overhaul. Another point is did anyone not believe that tot was going backwards (before they announced it) It's physically possible to do, Take the Jester at Six Flags New Orlean (and SF Fiesta Texas before that) for example. I reckon it would give the old ride a new and more exciting twist.

Edited by lifeofsamage

I did hear from a staff member a while back the overhaul would be bigger that the TOT overhaul. Another point is did anyone not believe that tot was going backwards (before they announced it) It's physically possible to do, Take the Jester at Six Flags New Orlean (and SF Fiesta Texas before that) for example. I reckon it would give the old ride a new and more exciting twist.

Yeah it probably will happen, it will be a whole new level of excitement at Dreamworld.

So I'm not usually one to buy into these types of rumours, but i do actually have a friend who works at Dreamworld and he said this rumour is definitely going around amongst the staff. 

And furthermore, he's seen the higher ups having meetings on the Cyclone station platform before the parks been opening lately.

Is it ironic that the one line where you condemn those who can't type properly is the one line where you have made a pretty decent mistake?

I reckon you might want to Google that one.  English as a second language is a class, and as I alluded to it has qualification requirements.  It's the English class you'd take in your HSC (or equivalent) if you weren't a native English speaker.

I forgive you, though.

I reckon you might want to Google that one.  English as a second language is a class, and as I alluded to it has qualification requirements.  It's the English class you'd take in your HSC (or equivalent) if you weren't a native English speaker.

That wasn't my issue. My high school had an ESL course and I knew some people that did it. What I was trying to point out was a pretty simple grammar problem; your use of the world "quality" (adjective or noun) when you I assume you meant "qualify" (verb), which I assume came for a simple typing mishap. I just found a sense of irony that in the sentence where you speak about your views on the matter, you've made a mistake yourself. 

I forgive you, though.

Your forgiveness means so much to me