What's your favourite Coaster?

AUSTHEMEPARKS

For me - Space Mountain. I'm kinda inclined to lean towards the HKDL version a bit more than the LA version.

Lethal Weapon/Arkham Asylum is my fave. Ridden it 105 times since it opened in 1995 lol! Love its design with the barrel rolls and partial loop. So much fun:)

*Cue weird looks from the rest of the membership...*

I know we've discussed this before, and I like AA a lot more than I liked LW... but the concept it would be a favourite is just hard to get my head around.

Arkham since it's the only REAL coaster we have. :P

I'm curious... what makes a REAL coaster, as opposed to all these fakes we have?

Edited by AlexB

Bush Beast :(

hmm ...

hard to isolate to just one:

I'd have to say Superman Escape for the launch thrills. 

Scooby Doo was my favourite experience on my first ride, I had no idea what to expect and what it actually was, went in completely blind expecting a mild ghost train experience...... then the lift and the backwards drop! awesome ! after a few rides though the thrill drops, cars are too small (i'm really tall) and the turns are quite rough.

Abyss is an awesome all round experience, surprise dark section, big drop, airtime, head choppers...

I need to get to more parks around the world.

Edited by grrofunger

Has to be X2, with Tatsu in 2nd. That raven turn after the drop in the one true 'oh shit' moment I've ever had on a roller coaster. Nothing beats it. First ride of the day in the front row was something I'll never forget. Tatsu isn't too bad either, the feeling of flying around the mountain is unbelievable and that pretzel loop is insane. 

*Cue weird looks from the rest of the membership...*

I know we've discussed this before, and I like AA a lot more than I liked LW... but the concept it would be a favourite is just hard to get my head around.

Please spare a thought for those of us who haven't been fortunate enough to travel overseas and ride other worthy rollercoasters yet lol ;) 

Honestly, I enjoy it more than any other coaster I've ridden on. It's more thrilling than all the other GC coasters in more ways than one (suspended instead of carriage, more inversions, tight twists and turns) and whilst it doesn't have a rapid launch like some of its rivals, it certainly makes up for that with the ride experience.

Outside of the GC coaster offering I have only ridden the wild mouse at Aussie World and the Scenic Railway at Luna Park in Melbourne, but whilst iconic (particularly the latter) they are both too old and rough to really be considered an enjoyable ride. Sadly the other ones I have experienced - Thunderbolt & Corkscrew - no longer exist.

So really it comes down to the ones at the current theme GC parks, and to me, Arkham/LW wins hands down.

Personal choice at the end of the day. Everybody has their own preferences as to what they enjoy and what they don't :)

Lethal Weapon/Arkham Asylum is my fave. Ridden it 105 times since it opened in 1995 lol! Love its design with the barrel rolls and partial loop. So much fun:)

I can kind of relate. Arkham Asylum always used to make me feel unwell. My legs would hurt, I would feel dizzy and the ride would kick a killer migraine into me. The last few times I've ridden it have been the best however. I haven't felt ill at all and I'm now starting to appreciate the actual layout of the SLC. An SLC with the smoothness of an Intamin could make for a pretty decent ride IMO.

As for my favourites, it's in terms of what were speaking about.

Space Mountain in California is my favourite for the experience. There's no need to suspend disbelief because the ride takes care of that for you. It's an absolute blast to ride.

But in terms of thrills, I would have to give it to Superman Escape. The dark ride section always gets me hyped up and excited, the launch is intense and the airtime feels amazing when you're in the front row right after opening.

If we're just going for enjoyment factor, it would probably be Hollywood Dream: The Ride over at Universal in Japan. While not the best layout, it was just a fun time listening to a great soundtrack and flying over the streets of Hollywood. 

I can kind of relate. Arkham Asylum always used to make me feel unwell. My legs would hurt, I would feel dizzy and the ride would kick a killer migraine into me.

hahaha that's how a real coaster should be...except the migraine part to stop that you have to push yourself into the seat and not let your head move :lol:

Edited by bladex

it's the only coaster i've been on that's fast and thrilling and have to hold on for dear life the WHOLE ride

For me, there's an existing balance between fun forces (ie the main forces you feel) and intense forces (ie the holding on for dear life factor while you're being beaten up by the ride.)

Something like Superman gives you lots of fun forces (launch, airtime, Gs on the banked corners) with little intense forces, whereas something like Arkham gives you less fun forces with a lot of intense forces. It just shakes you around and batters you, leaving you physically exhausted by the end of the ride, with the most fun parts being the drop, the (zero g?) overbank past the station and the helix at the end. I find the former (superman) much more enjoyable.

I can kind of relate. Arkham Asylum always used to make me feel unwell. My legs would hurt, I would feel dizzy and the ride would kick a killer migraine into me. The last few times I've ridden it have been the best however. I haven't felt ill at all and I'm now starting to appreciate the actual layout of the SLC. An SLC with the smoothness of an Intamin could make for a pretty decent ride IMO.

This has me wondering what an SLC with the new style Vekoma trains would be like. 

Yet to venture away from the east coast but would have to say obvious choice is Superman, 

I agree it's all relative based on amount of coasters ridden. I can see why someone could prefer Arkham: longer ride, has inversions, legs hanging, plenty of force - and with the new restraints, no bleeding ears.

I know I used to think Demon at Wonderland was the ants pants, until I went overseas. Then I thought Magic Mountain was the shiz until I went to Cedar Point. Then I thought Cedar Point was the big Kahuna until I went to parks which had one or two coasters I liked better than anything at the Point.

As far as Australia goes, while my vote goes to Superman. I've got a bit of a soft spot for Jet Rescue, that is an excellent ride.

it's the only coaster i've been on that's fast and thrilling and have to hold on for dear life the WHOLE ride

For that reason Skyrush at Hersheypark is probably my #1, because it just feels like the train is dragging your body along by the lap bar, and it is constantly trying to throw you upwards or sideways.

Could do with running a bit more smoothly, though still there are rougher rides out there.