Dreamworlds Next Rollercoaster?

Cooper Olsen

A turbine themed turbine opening on the 32nd of Smarch

But honestly, I have no clue. With all the improvements that management has been making I can't really call on what route they'll go for their next coaster addition. They could go with a full circuit thrilling coaster, or stick to their habits and go with a shuttle. At this point, I think it's a bit too early to make a justified decision.

Surely Dreamworld has enough roller coasters. 

I'd like to see them move the investment focus towards dark rides, and exciting fun interactive walk through experiences. 

Things that would make Dreamworld live up to its name, by making you feel like you are in a dream!

I will say, Dreamworld is missing "Air-Con: The Ride", if that makes sense. 

If I'm every feeling a bit too hot at Movie World, I'll go to Justice League or the Roxy to cool off while also enjoying some entertainment. Dreamworld doesn't really have anything unless you make it to one of the two showings of the 3D show.  

For me, I'd definitely like Dreamworld to spread out a little. Perhaps somewhere near the Big Brother amphitheatre, old water park, or near the log ride area.

As for what rides, well if I'm choosing a roller coaster I'd love something like Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens.

But I agree that something indoors would be awesome, like a well themed dark ride. I feel that Dreamworld should look at what Disneyland has done their their Adventureland and do that there. The bushland etc would be an awesome place to build it. A few cool restaurant/shops would also help make the area feel lively.

Edited by ash.1111

I will say, Dreamworld is missing "Air-Con: The Ride", if that makes sense. 

If I'm every feeling a bit too hot at Movie World, I'll go to Justice League or the Roxy to cool off while also enjoying some entertainment. Dreamworld doesn't really have anything unless you make it to one of the two showings of the 3D show.  

Fair enough, but it does have the cinemas, and both Thunder River Rapids and the log flume are good ways to cool off. 

I also love the various types of novelty fountains and the fans which mix cool water with the air. 

Edited by pushbutton

I'd like to see them move the investment focus towards dark rides, and exciting fun interactive walk through experiences. 

Things that would make Dreamworld live up to its name, by making you feel like you are in a dream!

Dreamworld does have roller-coasters... but they need a good, full-circuit rollercoaster that lasts more than a minute, with some good thrilling elements elements. They do also need a good dark ride too though.

:sigh:

We have covered this. Roller coasters are what brings people to the park in general. By my count, Dreamworld has 5 coasters - BS, Cyc, ToT, EFM and MDMC. Out of those, I think we're all fairly universal in our opinion of MDMC. EFM suits the younger market for a kiddie coaster, BS is a one-trick pony and ToT, whilst classed as a coaster, really is a one trick pony as well. Cyclone really is the only true full circuit coaster they have.

Movie World has RRRC, GL, SE and AA... and in comparison - RRRC is not as good as EFM, but SE vs. ToT, In my opinion SE wins out - theme, experience, full circuit. GL beats MDMC hands down and AA vs. Cyc will all come down to personal opinion - but given the recent comments on the favourite coaster thread, I'd be inclined to say AA wins... so the only spot where Dreamworld is taking the cake is with their Kiddie Coaster.

Since MDMC in 2007, DW has added only Buzzsaw as a coaster, and that was in 2010. It's a long draw - but considering american parks see coasters every year, or at least every other year, DW should see a coaster at least every 5 years. Shockwave isn't going to draw a crowd. TailSpin won't either. I've just asked my colleagues what they think the last ride installed at dreamworld was, and they were all unanimous - BuzzSaw.

This is an issue for the park - firstly - that nobody knows what they've installed in the last five years, and secondly - further proof that coasters are what people pay attention to.

As for walk through attractions - theres a reason why a bounce house and a maze are some of the first rides you can build in RCT. They're crap, they're low capacity, and they don't belong in a park that aspires to be a 'world class park'. Heck - even Jamberoo removed their maze.

We all know you like immersive dark rides and exuberantly themed attractions - but walk throughs are not going to draw a crowd. I do agree Dark Rides are great - but how much fanfare did JL3D get? virtually none. Many people don't even realise it is there, as all the signage facing main street is for GL and Batwing.

DW also don't really have space for a 'dark ride' showbuilding in their current footprint - if the studios are resumed, they could put something there, but it's in the wrong area of the park to do something easy - goldrush style attractions aren't simple, and although WWF is going strong, it's getting on in years. Overseas the technology we're seeing is with space aliens, transformers and the like.

No - dreamworld needs a full circuit coaster - by all means with a great theme - take Superman Escape as an example of how this can be done well. It may be worthwhile them considering something on the old thunderbolt land behind WWW - but thats only if it doesn't upset the tigers.

Well DW have an alright amount of coasters, cyclone, Motocoaster, buzzsaw, TOT2, escape from Madagascar. What Dreamworld try an focus is not just thrill rides and coasters but rides younger kids as well, it's a family amusement park not a thrill park. Don't get me wrong it would be nice to have another coaster but also if you look around Dreamworld and then look around Movieworld as well what's the difference. One works with nature a bit more that would restrict on there ride construction as they work with nature not against it by ripping out trees and wild life. 

Ashley!  Stuff the kids rides, there for kids.  When Dreamworld was in the dark days it was TOT that pulled the punters.

I know there for kids that's why there called  kids rides. But it's good that the park caters for kids giving them an opportunity to ride something. Everyone in here would probably love the thrills of the park but I  couldn't see a 3 year old loving them. 

Well DW have an alright amount of coasters, cyclone, Motocoaster, buzzsaw, TOT2, escape from Madagascar. What Dreamworld try an focus is not just thrill rides and coasters but rides younger kids as well, it's a family amusement park not a thrill park. Don't get me wrong it would be nice to have another coaster but also if you look around Dreamworld and then look around Movieworld as well what's the difference. One works with nature a bit more that would restrict on there ride construction as they work with nature not against it by ripping out trees and wild life. 

rides for younger kids?

dreamworld is miles ahead of the competition when it comes to kids rides! Have you ever been to DW?

Dreamworks experience? ABC4Kids World?

Since MDMC in 2007, DW has added only Buzzsaw as a coaster, and that was in 2010. It's a long draw - but considering american parks see coasters every year, or at least every other year, DW should see a coaster at least every 5 years. Shockwave isn't going to draw a crowd. TailSpin won't either. I've just asked my colleagues what they think the last ride installed at dreamworld was, and they were all unanimous - BuzzSaw.

I agree with most of your points, but it's a myth that American parks get a new coaster every year. If you look at Six Flags, they usually add 2-3 new "serious" coasters across the entire chain, so most parks that aren't Magic Mountain have 4-5 years between major additions.

Even Cedar Point has only had 3 new coasters in a decade - Maverick in 2007, Gatekeeper in 2013 and Valravn in 2016.

That said, Dreamworld is overdue for a major addition, hopefully they put in that Megalite soon!

I guess I was moreso referring to the 'ride rotation' that is common amongst Six Flags chain parks for instance - it may not be a 'new' coaster, but it is 'new' to the park.

Asides of which - dropping $25 million on a coaster (Gatekeeper) after $21m on Maverick - and with Valravn coming only 3 years later (cost as yet unknown) suggests at least $60m over 10 years.

You make a good point, I guess we're just used to the 'annual' announcement of Six Flags - but of course noting that they don't always go into the same park.