Dreamworlds Next Rollercoaster?

Cooper Olsen

Slick is bang on the money - and the park is well overdue for an iconic, full circuit thriller.

I'd like to see BL's space used for a nice big woodie - and with the slab, they could also do something relatively unique and build a dark-ride pre-show element similar to Superman prior to the lift hill.

I don't agree that 'everyone has ridden the bush beast' (especially amongst our younger crowd!) but it is something sorely lacking in Australia.

• 1 year later...

...might be referring to the train track? :D

To get back on topic, yeah I'm  with @Slick. I'm smitten with RMC's work atm, especially the new elements they bring to woodies in zero G rolls, 180 stalls and the 90 degree banked straights. Not sure if they're keeping Gold Rush, so don't know the feasibility of an RMC running there and into Blue Lagoon.

Yeah it's going to be themed after Wendell Sailor, a rather famous Torres Strait islander, and dual international winger. Wendell Sailor's Wing Coaster will be the world's first wooden wing coaster and is bound to thrill his world wide legion of fans.

In all seriousness, who knows where Dreamworld's plans are at now, I think they'd be happy to open again. That major coaster down the road might really shift the competitive dynamics with MW. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, SunshineTom said:

Dreamworld needs a big coaster to bring them back in the next few years. A B&M would save them, preferably a Hyper. But it won't happen so i guess i'd settle for pretty much any coaster at this point. Any thrilling coaster that is.

I guess it depends on your definition of thrilling

Why would a B&M save them? Sure there are a lot of people who would like to see a RMC built here. Sure B&M are good coasters but unless it is something like Medusa or Tatsu I would prefer something along the lines of Joker at Discovery Kingdom.

There are heaps of other manufacturers they could chose from. Even a Mack coaster built at Dreamworld would help the park. Everyone wants a B&M but whilst they are good there are heaps of just as good options available.