Disneyland Resort Australia brainstorm idea

omega237

Its been said that as long as there is imagination left in the world Disneyland well never complete.-Walt Disney

A few years ago I created a thread known as Disney Kingdom. I decided to try a new thread of the new resort for the Golden Coast beginning with Disneyland.

We arrived at the resort plaza after taking the trams from the Mickey & Friends parking structure in the middle of the Plaza is a fountain with a statue of Mickey as the Sorcerer's Apprentice on top with the broomsticks on the sides pouring out water. Once you get your ticket or annual passport you go through the gates, and enter the first park Disneyland.

The next post will start at the first land that begins at Disneyland known as Walt Street.

We now enter the park beginning with the first land Walt Avenue.

Walt Avenue is this Disneyland's version of Main Street USA name after Walt Disney himself. Like the other Disney Parks excluding Tokyo Disneyland has the Disneyland Railroad that is above the entrance of the parks. Walt Avenue is based off Walt's childhood hometown in Missouri.

On the right of the park has the Walt Avenue Opera House within it is a history of Disneyland known as A man name Walt Disney: The Disneyland Story along with the Walt Avenue Cinema that shows animated shorts like Steamboat Willie. The left side has city hall, the fire station with a full replica of Walt Disney's apartment. Walt Avenue has multiple stores, and restaurants along with a locker room, and charging stations for your Iphones along with the Penny Arcade. At the end of Walt Avenue is the iconic Partners Statue of Walt Disney & Mickey Mouse.

The Walt Avenue vehicles that travel around Walt Avenue along with meet & greets of Disney characters. We will soon go to the jungles of Adventure Isle in the next post.

Attractions

--------------

Disneyland Railroad

A Man Name Walt Disney: The Disneyland Story

Walt Avenue Cinema

Restaurants

----------------

Carnation Café
Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor
Jolly Holiday Bakery
Walt Avenue Market House
Plaza Inn
Refreshment Corner

Stores

------------

Candy Kitchen
Candy Palace
China Closet
Crystal Arts
Crystal Palace
Disney Clothiers, Ltd.
Disneyana
Emporium
Penny Arcade
Newsstand
Disney Showcase
Walt Avenue Pin Shop
Walt Avenue Magic Shop
New Century Jewelry
20th Century Music Company

Seems like you're just importing existing ideas into the park. You're also putting this forward as a DL-Australia, but building it far bigger than any current park - including the original.

Also - You've misquoted Walt, who actually said

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."

• candy palace, or candy kitchen. I don't think you get both.
  • Same with Crystal Arts and Crystal Palace. Plus - i think you've got too many Palaces... or is that Palaci?

Less of a brainstorm, more of a regurgitation.

Seems like you're just importing existing ideas into the park. You're also putting this forward as a DL-Australia, but building it far bigger than any current park - including the original.

Also - You've misquoted Walt, who actually said

• candy palace, or candy kitchen. I don't think you get both.
  • Same with Crystal Arts and Crystal Palace. Plus - i think you've got too many Palaces... or is that Palaci?

Less of a brainstorm, more of a regurgitation.

Walt's quote about Disneyland never complete is from Disneyland Forever.

So is this basically taking all the stuff from other Disneyland/world parks and shoving them into a single colossal park? Because I really don't think that'd work for Australia - it wouldn't turn a profit.

There's a reason Disney haven't built in Australia yet - and also a reason why the occasional rumour persists. I would imagine that we, as fans, would want to find out how Disney could be enticed back.

We head to the jungles of Adventure Isle based off Adventureland. As we enter we could hear the birds sing & the flowers bloom in Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. To see more of the jungle rivers try out the Jungle Cruise were nothing bad would happen except for punch-lines. Seeing a temple is the e-ticket attraction Indiana Jones: Temple of the Inferno Ruby were you escape from the fire goddess Infernia with the help of Indiana Jones. The treehouse retells the story of The Jungle Book with interactive scenes. Lastly is the dark ride based off the film Aladdin call Aladdin's Voyage were you ride a magic through well-known moments from the film. The next land is one of the new lands were Dead Man Tells No Tale.

#completefanfiction

Only mildly ;)

Pray, where would this magical Disney park be built? What will its advantages and disadvantages be? What will the projected visitor totals be, especially given the nearby (ish) parks in Tokyo? In order to afford this, to start off with, what will they have and what won't they have? After all, Disneyland Paris didn't have Space Mountain to start off with. How long do you think it would take to see a profit? What infrastructure would need to be put in place if this were to become a full-on "resort" (eg train lines, rivers for boats)?

At the moment this is "oh Disney should build the best theme park ever with ALL the rides". We've already established that Disney has looked into Australia and decided "actually, no, we shouldn't".

I am intrigued by various franchises having their own sections though, like Pirates, BUT Pirates stuff tends to be jungle-based and we've already got a jungle area (with an Aladdin section too - perhaps, like DLP, jungle/Pirates could be combined and Aladdin represented by a bazaar area). Just don't do a Frozen section - Harry Potter in Florida is all well and good, but kills immersion by trying to convince us it's a wintry wonderland in the Orlando heat/sun.

Out of interest, my (quick) idea would be (if Disney were to build at Avalon, for instance) to, first of all, make sure rail networks are put in place as the V-line runs right alongside it. Hopefully the existing rail network links up to Melbourne airport (don't know if this is the case). Make it so that, like DLP, people can use the rail network to essentially go straight to the park, or transfer to some other internal form of transport (eg trams, monorail). Disney has a tried-and-tested park design for "land/world" parks which they can, of course, build, and they'd know more about what they need to tailor than I do. For a bit of a boost in tourism and goodwill with locals, try and do some form of partnership with Werribee zoo (regular shuttles from the hotels/park for people wanting to visit it, sell tickets to it). Also, sell tickets from the hotels to other local attractions eg Eureka Skydeck. Build a "Downtown Disney" esque area around the waterfront, with a pier and ferris wheel (reminiscent of the boardwalk area at California).

About Pirates there's a land based off the pirates films being added to Shanghai Disneyland, which you kinda guess that Treasure Cove is going here as well. The resort is going to have the Disneyland Monorail that leads to Disneyland, the second park, Disneyland Hotel, and the Downtown Disney esque, trams leading to the parking structure, and Disneyland main entrance plaza, the boats don't know as of yet, rail network could lead to a Disneyland station. Funny story the second park was going to have a land theme to Arendelle like Tokyo Disneysea, but decided to cut it, but there is going something Frozen related in Disneyland, but you have to wait, and see. As for Downtown Disney esque there is plans, but it won't be posted till the second park is complete.

Hmm... I'd say that, even in Shanghai Disney's case, having a Pirates AND a Jungle area (which, again, Shanghai will have) is overdoing it a tad. Find a way to combine the areas whilst maintaining some focus on Pirates and stick in a Frontierland (which Shanghai Disney is lacking, judging from Wikipedia).

In terms of infrastructure, you've got this in the Gold Coast. That is at least a good thing in some ways, as it'll be able to get custom from people visiting nearby parks (and vice versa). However, a second park? Wouldn't that be some years off, after we know whether the first was a success or not?

You need to address some business fundamentals. We all know what it's like to visit a great Disney park, but sadly Disney is not a wish-granting money fairy.

Hmm... I'd say that, even in Shanghai Disney's case, having a Pirates AND a Jungle area (which, again, Shanghai will have) is overdoing it a tad. Find a way to combine the areas whilst maintaining some focus on Pirates and stick in a Frontierland (which Shanghai Disney is lacking, judging from Wikipedia).

In terms of infrastructure, you've got this in the Gold Coast. That is at least a good thing in some ways, as it'll be able to get custom from people visiting nearby parks (and vice versa). However, a second park? Wouldn't that be some years off, after we know whether the first was a success or not?

You need to address some business fundamentals. We all know what it's like to visit a great Disney park, but sadly Disney is not a wish-granting money fairy.

Pirates is not always in the jungle/adventure area.

Disney doesn't surrender customers easily, unless we're talking about an Ocean Park-Disneyland HK relationship.  On the whole, Disney gets customers = Disney keeps them. 

I'd imagine if they had a Disneyland in Australia it would start off smaller than the Hong Kong one.  It'd be charming, but it'd be small.

A park smaller than where HKDL started? or where it is now?

I shudder to think of a Disney park smaller than what HKDL was when it first opened. It had all the appearances of a great disney park, and none of the substance.

I'd rather Disney invested in markets that are sustainable to their business model, than have them build here 'just because' and give us something half finished, half full, and half assed.

Wasn't the reasoning behind HKDL that the local audiences aren't too big on attractions? I believe I read that somewhere as an explanation for the lack of any major attractions.

I'd rather Disney invested in markets that are sustainable to their business model, than have them build here 'just because' and give us something half finished, half full, and half assed.

So you're basically saying that if they invested in Australia, we would see a re-hash of DCA? Bring on Superstar Ute!

Lets move along.

The next land we enter is a brand new land call Treasure Cove this would be the second park to have this land. The entire land would resemble Port Royal from the first film. The first attraction would be a mix of the classic attraction Pirates of the Caribbeans, and the new attraction Battle of the Sunken Treasure. The second is a play area based off the Black Pearl, and the attraction is a stunt show call the legend of Captain Jack Sparrow. Time set sail to the next land call Frontier Peak.

About Pirates there's a land based off the pirates films being added to Shanghai Disneyland, which you kinda guess that Treasure Cove is going here as well. The resort is going to have the Disneyland Monorail that leads to Disneyland, the second park, Disneyland Hotel, and the Downtown Disney esque, trams leading to the parking structure, and Disneyland main entrance plaza, the boats don't know as of yet, rail network could lead to a Disneyland station. Funny story the second park was going to have a land theme to Arendelle like Tokyo Disneysea, but decided to cut it, but there is going something Frozen related in Disneyland, but you have to wait, and see. As for Downtown Disney esque there is plans, but it won't be posted till the second park is complete.

Are you referring to the Epcot ride which is replacing Maelstrom?

When we get to Tomorrowland, I think the Space Mountain should be, when it comes to theming, a hybrid of the HK version and California version. 

Are you referring to the Epcot ride which is replacing Maelstrom?

When we get to Tomorrowland, I think the Space Mountain should be, when it comes to theming, a hybrid of the HK version and California version. 

I must confess, I don't recall enough of the theming of SM in California (plus they've probably changed it), or seen the HK version. However, a lot of the stuff at SM in Paris is pretty cool (and I do like the steampunk idea for Discoveryland in general - if only it was thorough, instead of some being steampunk and other stuff being traditional future). The launch on SM in DLP is alright - I always felt that they slowed it at the top to give you a feeling of weightlessness, hanging there before plunging into the ride itself.

The next land we enter is a brand new land call Treasure Cove this would be the second park to have this land. The entire land would resemble Port Royal from the first film.

Quick one - why call it Treasure Cove (which implies pirates, jungle, islands, caves - more or less exclusively) when, if it resembles Port Royal, you could call it "Port Royal"? Much more accurate, and it allows for the possibility of a few franchises other than Pirates to use the space (e.g. a Ratatouille restaurant).

• 3 weeks later...

After leaving Treasure Cove, Adventure Isle or Walt Avenue you enter the next land known as Frontier Peak based Frontierland in Disneyland parks (Westernland in Tokyo Disneyland), Grizzly Gulch in Hong Kong Disneyland, Critter Country In Disneyland, and Grizzly Peak at Disney California Adventure. The first attraction that riders would see is Big Thunder Mountain the wildest ride in the wilderness. The second attraction is taking a trip around the river with the Elias Riverboat. The final attraction of this land is a log fume water ride based off the Walt Disney animated film Brother Bear. The next land will be seeing a mardi gras, and watch the spirits socialize.