Sea World maintenance

pushbutton

According to the "Attractions Maintenance" page on Sea Worlds website, Dockside Tavern reopens in early October.

Can anyone confirm if it is in fact now open?

Also, there is nothing on that page about the chairlifts being out of action, but I was there a couple of weeks ago and they were all detached from the cable and on the ground outside the resort. Anyone know if they are operating again?

I'm very worried now.

The chairlifts are not included in the list on rides on Sea Worlds website!

rds.PNG

Sea World has now posted photos of the interior of Dockside Tavern on their FB page.

I kind of liked how it was before to be honest. Had a fair bit of history and the feel of an old English pub.

Now it's lost that charm. However it did need a refresh I suppose, and I think it has more seating now which is good, including a much bigger balcony with better protection from the birds!

Please make sure you are sitting down.  I have some very bad news. 

I'm afraid Sea World has confirmed that my beloved chairlifts have ridden their last ride and will sadly not be reopening.

I don't know if I'll get over this, but at least I still have the monorail. Better make the most of that. Seems you never can tell when things will suddenly disappear.  :(

I'm just very glad I've had the opportunity to go on the chairlifts over the last 9 months I've been living here, and during my numerous Gold Coast holidays before that. 

R.I.P.  

90648946.jpg

HI-DE-HI ! :(

I have to say that from my perspective, Sea World is nowhere near as good as it was just a few years ago.

The Bermuda Triangle, the Sea Viper, and now the Chairlifts have all gone. The Dolphin show isn't as good as it was (in my opinion), and the jet stunt show or whatever it is isn't a patch on the old pirate show with the big ship (pun intended).

I have no objection to change. Some change is obviously good. From a little kids perspective, Nickelodeon Land is much better than the previous kids area, with better rides.

Again though, for me, it's lost a heck of a lot. That's despite the Creatures of the Deep, which I do like. It just doesn't come close to making up for the above losses.

An attraction with no height requirement that was popular with guests of all ages?  It makes good sense to me why current management wouldn't see fit to keep it going.

What a joke.  Even if it cost more than a million to keep it going it'd be worth it.  Luckily though they'll be able to blame some biased peice of shit propaganda movie for their declines rather than their own piss poor management.  

Death by a thousand cuts.  That's what Sea World died from.

Tbh I'm not really surprised. The skyway was old and run down, and they no doubt see the Monorail as a better investment to transport guests up and down the park. It doesn't get affected by rain or wind the way the skyway did, and assumably requires less staff to operate (one driving, as opposed to needing two ie. one at each end of the station) outside of peak periods. 

Same as Dreamworld, who obviously thought the train would be a good enough substitute for theirs.

I don't know how similar systems are going overseas, but they seem to be becoming a thing of the past here with preferences going to more modern technology.

Sad day but I think we all knew it was coming. I dont think seaworld is worse than it was a few years ago. I think the park is looking good and has some good attractions it is just short a couple of things at the moment. The back area near where corckscrew/sv is really needs something and the creatures of the deep needs to be replaced with something a bit more substantial. Also they need to get rid of the old train station. Its just looks stupid. Its  a bit like all our parks, just a few attractions short of being killer.

Edited by MacPark

Yeah, that sucks.  Always enjoyed going on the Skyway.  I think we all knew it had a pretty low hourly capacity and we didn't mind the wait.  I'll miss that view of the park.

If they have this attitude of the Skyway, how do we know they won't close the monorail?  I think they have to invest in some more transportation options.

Tbh I'm not really surprised. The skyway was old and run down, and they no doubt see the Monorail as a better investment to transport guests up and down the park. It doesn't get affected by rain or wind the way the skyway did, and assumably requires less staff to operate (one driving, as opposed to needing two ie. one at each end of the station) outside of peak periods. 

Same as Dreamworld, who obviously thought the train would be a good enough substitute for theirs.

I don't know how similar systems are going overseas, but they seem to be becoming a thing of the past here with preferences going to more modern technology.

I agree. The thing is that they had BOTH chairlifts AND monorails. It wasn't a choice of one or the other. 

There was also a train not so long ago. Now just the monorail, so a very definite downgrade.

Alton Towers is one example I know of where they invested in modern chairlifts (far more substantial than Sea Worlds) relatively recently. They also have an incredible monorail system with numerous trains in use.

I can't help but wonder if maybe the Green Lantern incident has triggered a safety review of other rides. I can imagine someone thought "how many bolts would need to fail to cause a catastrophic failure on this ride?"

Probably a valid point, and one that has occurred to me, even as I've been on the ride. However did they also consider how long it's been operating without incident.

Who's to say. I'm only speculating.

One final point I'll make though is that I wouldn't mind in the slightest about the chairlifts closing, if they were replacing them with new ones with modern safety measures (such as enclosed windows for a start)! Sadly Sea World says there are no such plans.

Maybe I should start a petition?

Edited by pushbutton