'World Best' Attraction coming to VRTP

Brad2912

2 problems I have with ride.  Number 1.  It would look dirty very quickly.  Any grease flicking off the ride would have a larger surface to hit instead of falling through the tracks. No 2. Is things falling on the track are more likely to cause problems.  On a tube track if someone drops something while riding it falls through the track but if something is dropped then there is a chance the track could catch it.  Dirt, leaves, sticks and grease are more likely to stay on the track then a tube type track.

very disapointing thats its just another rollercoaster

the gold coast does not need anymore rollercoasters

its time to think out of the box and build a new world class dark ride etc

something for the whole family not just thrill seekers

lol wat the GC has TWO (both at mw) really good coasters and you say it doesn't need more?! <_<

Edited by bladex

To be honest, the only great and truly thrilling coaster we have in Australia is Superman Escape and to a degree Arkham Asylum. Abyss looks cool to even though I haven't been on it. There is definitely room for improvement. And I don't know how to explain this, but even though we have few rides compared to the rest of the globe, there is just something about the atmosphere of the rides here in Australia that make them special, even though we have a thinner budget. But i feel that if we were given the tools and the money nessecary to build something big, Movie World has the potential to pull off something amazing

Edited by coasterdude44

Disagree with this. The Gold Coast (or Australia, really) only has one standout rollercoaster. There is definitely room for another headlliner! 

ok i can see where your comeing from 

but i feel the new world class rollercoaster should be part of future plans

movie world needs a family friendly looney tunes river ride replacement and or more rides for the whole family to enjoy

same for sea world it also needs a world class dark ride etc  that is for the whole family before another rollercoaster

i know most will - don't feel the same as me

I'd be happy with a serious ejector time hyper coaster - one thing about them is they seem to be a ride people don't get sick of (the same with airtime woodies), which would be good for repeat business. I base that on anecdotal observations from going to many parks with A-list air time machines and being able to talk to park management on organised tours as well. And I know I never get sick of most Intamin hypers and woodies (like El Toro) and RMCs.

I was led to believe at one stage many years ago there was desire for something higher than the tallest ride at Dreamland, now wouldn't that be nice? I can dream on, but I guess we'll know in a month or two.

To be honest, the only great and truly thrilling coaster we have in Australia is Superman Escape and to a degree Arkham Asylum. 

Arkham Asylum is a heap of manure.

The coasters in Australia I'd rate as being worth travelling for are:

- Superman
- Scooby Doo (when all the theming is working...)
- Green Lantern
- Jet Rescue
- Abyss
- The two wooden mice

And yes, I have deliberately left out the Melbourne Scenic (which is horrid, an accident waiting to happen) and everything at Dreamworld.

Arkham Asylum is a heap of manure.

The coasters in Australia I'd rate as being worth travelling for are:

- Superman
- Scooby Doo (when all the theming is working...)
- Green Lantern
- Jet Rescue
- Abyss
- The two wooden mice

And yes, I have deliberately left out the Melbourne Scenic (which is horrid, an accident waiting to happen) and everything at Dreamworld.

Seems like you've left out a lot of the cookie cutter coasters, but I'm curious as to why you rated Green Lantern as being worth travelling for?

I don't think it's a bad coaster by any means, but it's not exactly original.

23 hours ago, nitromefans said:

Push, you do realise the development application is for a Roller-coaster right? 

Yes, but the roller coaster could be the main part of a dark ride that needs to be built. Especially if they use an existing sound stage as the building for it!

6 hours ago, Santa07 said:

Justice league will be a good enough family dark ride for the time being.

Justice league is far too basic for me. It loses its novelty after the first couple of times. There's really not much to it.

12 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Yes, but the roller coaster could be the main part of a dark ride that needs to be built. Especially if they use an existing sound stage as the building for it!

Pretty sure the soundstages, while under the parent company of Village Roadshow, are a completely separate entity from the parks. Even then, you've got many major international films slated to be filmed there as well as the soundstages being utilised as an event space for the Commonwealth Games in 2018. 

I'm pretty sure soundstages can be ruled out.

12 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Justice league is far too basic for me. It loses its novelty after the first couple of times. There's really not much to it.

Unfortunately, not every ride is designed for each individual. Justice League isn't a must-ride for me but I know that when I go with family, the younger kids enjoyed it just as much, if not more than some major attractions.

Even if this new attraction doesn't suit your tastes, you must surely be excited about the ongoing care and development in the park?

Edited by Zanstabar

17 hours ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

As cool as that may be, I'd doubt VRTP would invest in a prototype attraction.

You mean like Lethal Weapon? Wasn't it one of the first extended SLCs with the Helix?

Or Green Lantern, the first El Loco with 4 abreast seating?

Wasn't Jet Rescue also a first?

I'm going off memory here, since RCDB is down I can't verify this, but i'm pretty certain at least LW and GL fit the bill of prototype.

14 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

I would say the follow IMO are the list for great coast in Australia

• Abyss
  • Superman
  • Scooby
  • Jet rescue
  • Storm
  • Tunnel of Terror (Just because it was a world record ride for height and Speed)

I'm pretty sure Tower of Terror doesn't live up to its record breaking speed and height anymore. Probably more 120-130 instead of the advertised 160kph

17 hours ago, downunder said:

I'd be happy with a serious ejector time hyper coaster - one thing about them is they seem to be a ride people don't get sick of (the same with airtime woodies), which would be good for repeat business. I base that on anecdotal observations from going to many parks with A-list air time machines and being able to talk to park management on organised tours as well. And I know I never get sick of most Intamin hypers and woodies (like El Toro) and RMCs.

I was led to believe at one stage many years ago there was desire for something higher than the tallest ride at Dreamland, now wouldn't that be nice? I can dream on, but I guess we'll know in a month or two.

Maybe something like King Da Ka. That would definately get my attention driving down the road.

Yes i agree that there was talk a few years back about a possible taller ride than the tower of terror.

^A taller version of Intimidator 305 would be 50,000 shades of win as far as I'm concerned, or a blend of the best bits of Intamin's better hypers. The big rockets like Dragster and Ka are an amazing experience, but lack elements and can be problematic to keep running.

I'm definitely not in the know as to what has been considered this time, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

Another upside is this might up the ante competitively with DW and they actually add something amazing too, I can hope.

Edited by downunder

22 hours ago, Zanstabar said:

Seems like you've left out a lot of the cookie cutter coasters, but I'm curious as to why you rated Green Lantern as being worth travelling for?

I've ridden five of the six El Locos, and the one in WBMW is by far the best – it's far smoother than the rest, and the added soundtrack constitutes icing on the cake.

I just wish the operations weren't so slow, but that's another debate...

10 hours ago, AlexB said:

You mean like Lethal Weapon? Wasn't it one of the first extended SLCs with the Helix?

Or Green Lantern, the first El Loco with 4 abreast seating?

Wasn't Jet Rescue also a first?

I'm going off memory here, since RCDB is down I can't verify this, but i'm pretty certain at least LW and GL fit the bill of prototype.

GL wouldnt itself fit the bill of a prototype, however its cars would.

• Richard locked and unlocked this topic