'World Best' Attraction coming to VRTP

Brad2912

3 hours ago, coasterdude44 said:

I'm definitely excited for this new coaster. But just saying here, does anyone else think Australia needs a good simulator ride. Ever since Batman Adventure closed in 2011 I feel like it's a type of ride that has been missing for a while now

A good simulator can be really enjoyable, but even the most mediocre ones can be painful at times. IMHO, there's a fine line when it comes to simulators and I'm not too sure whether MW could pull it off.

1 hour ago, Cooper Olsen said:

My dream Mad Max ride would be Test Track system, That would be a perfect ride!

My dream Mad Max ride would be a smaller RMC that predominantly hugs and interacts with the terrain (ala Nemesis). It could be a great coaster that not only feels like a true-to-life experience of the films but also features that "madness" that the franchise is known for. 

Whatever they do with that franchise, I should be content with it. As long as it's not bloody Fast 'n' Furious Supercharged

Interesting indeed.  We did roughly work out that the OPW application cost of work was a lot.  My investigations so far makes me think the large cost of works for ground level changes could be for a new lake.  To me the new attraction early works would be for the roller coaster.  The entertainment precinct could be a whole new themed area.  More digging to be done lol.  I do also remember somewhere at some time and correct me if I am wrong but MV where looking at doing a different precinct to the park,. something like at the front of disney that never ended up happening.

Just read the approvals again and it's not 1 but 2 new precincts.

To break it down what we know.

1.       New Roller Coaster

2.       Lots of earthworks

3.       New attraction which might be talking about new roller coaster or could be an extra attraction.

4.       New entertainment precinct.

5.       New lake precinct.

6.       Carpark changes

7.       Amenity building changes or new buildings.

Edited by skeetafly

Well that would be a worlds best attraction potentially.

the long forgotten expansion was for a motor themed land with go karting tracks, ride and restaurants etc, something to drive park revenue outside regular operating hours. I think DW has got the jump on a motorsports themed land now though. 

5 minutes ago, themagician said:

So maybe this World Best Attraction, is in fact a whole new themed area, with world class theming, and features a rollercoaster and a number of other attractions.

I'm starting to get a bit revved up.  I might need to go and have a smoke to calm down and the strange thing I don’t even smoke.

58 minutes ago, skeetafly said:

Interesting indeed.  We did roughly work out that the OPW application cost of work was a lot.  My investigations so far makes me think the large cost of works for ground level changes could be for a new lake.  To me the new attraction early works would be for the roller coaster.  The entertainment precinct could be a whole new themed area.  More digging to be done lol.  I do also remember somewhere at some time and correct me if I am wrong but MV where looking at doing a different precinct to the park,. something like at the front of disney that never ended up happening

Could this be what you where thinking of?

image.thumb.jpeg.67a68436fe8a168be2406c5image.thumb.jpeg.fdb6e76097e87d5d9bc42b0

These were commissioned back in 2011. While they do seem a bit old, it's quite clear that Movie World have looked at some form of entering precinct containing some form of lake

EDIT: Just realised that this concept actually ticks off a large amount of the developments. It's situated on a section of the old car park, it features some form of lakeside development, as well as being an entertainment precinct. The future is looking bright.

Edited by Zanstabar

16 minutes ago, Zanstabar said:

Could this be what you where thinking of?

image.thumb.jpeg.67a68436fe8a168be2406c5image.thumb.jpeg.fdb6e76097e87d5d9bc42b0

These were commissioned back in 2011. While they do seem a bit old, it's quite clear that Movie World have looked at some form of entering precinct containing some form of lake

EDIT: Just realised that this concept actually ticks off a large amount of the developments. It's situated on a section of the old car park, it features some form of lakeside development, as well as being an entertainment precinct. The future is looking bright.

I do not know but Brad is right, I think it was killed off a long time ago.  Also if something was going outside of the park, I would of thought we would see a MCU application for it.

Just to add to my earlier info I found.  The prices MW paid for the OPW would indicate that.

Earthworks size  =  1001m2 to 5000m2

The tree removal is linked to another application.  (what that application is, I do not know)

"Tree works linked to a development application, includes vegetation management plan and fauna management plan when the MCU/ROL requires these plans to be submitted in conjunction with Tree Works application."

Edited by skeetafly

12 minutes ago, skeetafly said:

I do not know but Brad is right, I think it was killed off a long time ago.  Also if something was going outside of the park, I would of thought we would see a MCU application for it.

I'm not trying to imply that this concept is what's happening, but it's quite clear that MW have dabbled in something that fits quite lot of the criteria for these new developments.

4 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

I'd much rather it was a new themed land, or even just one new major attraction than something that was next to, but essentially separate from Movie World (meaning pass holders couldn't use all the new facilities without incurring additional charges each visit).

The proposed precinct from the 2011 plans weren't a separate gate - they were public access that anyone could go to (although most attractions in the proposal were additional charge) - however if they were to establish a second gate (which is what i think you were alluding to) I would be all for it to be an additional charge.

Annual pass holders already receive a LOT for the miserly amount that they pay. If VRTP were to invest in an entirely separate gate, I would not only expect, but DEMAND that this be at additional cost - either by upping the price of the passes, or charging a separate fee.

That said, I don't believe we'll see an additional gate, or a public access area here as all the information mentioned so far points to it clearly being a new attraction IN movie world.

Skeetafly theory 101. 

Existing overflow carpark changed to a permanent carpark.  (Makes sense to be relating to the area size that I have been talking about).

Movie World extending out somewhere near where push indicated.  (This is logical to me because this area has a water source to create a lake)

I just want to state 99.9% of the time I am wrong and if you ask my wife it’s more like 100%.

Capture20.thumb.JPG.f08beb704bc2b801d740

I can't imagine that MW would build an attraction on the carpark or in the overflow area, as the carpark isn't MWs property, it's the councils. And yes there was a proposal for an attraction to be built on the overflow area, but maybe the reason for that never going ahead was because the council didn't approve of it, and would remove an area of land which is used for additional parking for boat shows, Christmas carols, etc.

That land is all owned by Movie World. 

The blue arrow pointing to the yellow line indicates the boundary line.

The red arrow pointing to the green area is an easement.

The easement is on MW property.

The boundary lines shown, I have taken form The Department of Natural Resources and Mines.

Capture12.thumb.JPG.e4e59598f75ece4d05c1

Edited by skeetafly

it all adds up... especially given the issues 'out the back' with neighbours. Building out the front makes sense given the rest of the park shields most neighbours from noise - and out the front they're competing with the M1 so its hardly an issue anyway.

Skeet - what is the green line drawn straight across coach parking and entering front gate? is that your drawing suggesting the development area? or is that something else?

I'm still waiting for someone to solve the 'staff entrance' issue near this zone...

40 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Skeet - what is the green line drawn straight across coach parking and entering front gate? is that your drawing suggesting the development area? or is that something else?

I'm still waiting for someone to solve the 'staff entrance' issue near this zone...

I did not draw on the plan.  The green area is an overlay from The Department of Natural Resources and Mines.  The info tab on it telsl me it is an easement but I do not know what is in the easement.  I will pull up some records to see what is under the ground there.

MW.thumb.JPG.9da0ed04b417ff724efe61e45ed

Table

Red = Boundaries

Blue = Water

Green = Sewer

Yellow = Roads

So by my drawings it only leaves one thing it could be which is power. 

Edited by skeetafly

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

it all adds up... especially given the issues 'out the back' with neighbours. Building out the front makes sense given the rest of the park shields most neighbours from noise - and out the front they're competing with the M1 so its hardly an issue anyway.

Given it leads to a sub station it could be power into MV.

Capture15.thumb.JPG.e838cc92f819537d0850

One thing I forgot to mention is I can't find my storm water plans so it might be storm water.

47 minutes ago, themagician said:

I thought the council owned the carpark, and MW leased it from them.

No the council does not lease that land to MV. 

Capture14.thumb.JPG.0c0b037439625f998b9e

This image is from the G.C.C.C. website.

At some stage Village must have gone to the titles office and got all the different properties amalgamated onto one title.

I don’t have the time to look it up but you can do a search for older titles that might show it was once council land but I don’t know if it ever was.

Edited by skeetafly

Oh this makes so much sense now...

This actually seems like it really will become a 'world's best' thing. And that would explain why they haven't plainly stated 'roller-coaster' but instead said 'attraction'. I'm just hoping they don't make a great themed area, then put in a cheap one-trick-pony rollercoaster.

Yes as in your case being residential it is hard to get a easement moved off your property because it is normally running through a lot of other people's land and if you had the money to move what ever was causing the easement for you then you would have to move it off everyone's land to divert it around your land.  

Being that if it is a stormwater easement it looks like it is at the end of the easement which would make it easier to relocate.

The other thing that makes skeet think what ever they are doing with the earthworks is major is the company that has lodge the application.   

For your easment you may want to look up the QDC for the rules on easements.  The QDC took this off councils this year and I believe under the QDC you can now build up to your easement.

Getting back to MW easement you will find commercial buildings encroach easements a lot.   If you think of Brisbane city and all of the services that would run under the buildings, I think you might understand what I am trying to spit out.

Im not saying it is getting built in that area it is just my thoughts 101 on where it could go.   

Another thing to add is the entrance already goes over the easement.

Last thing to add (gosh I'm a  dick) is if for some reason is MV where not allowed to build over it then it could be used as a street along that line through the new area.

sorry this post was for Brad, you would think after all these years I could quote   

Edited by skeetafly

• Richard locked and unlocked this topic