Share you experiences if you have been work in theme park!!

Ginni

Hi,I went to retail sales interview last week.

But feel like seems I fail..because I didn't get any information again..

just wonder who knows how many days may takes if they will inbox when they decide to hire??

Its really confused me:(

Really hope I can gain the work!! 

Thanks for for reply and any answer:)

Just a tip, and this is meant to be a helpful piece of advice, and in no way is intended to put you down or make fun of you, but your written language skills would be enough to put me off hiring you.

To show you what I mean, i've re-written what you've written above. I'm not a professor of english, but it reads a bit better:

Share your experiences from working in a theme park

Hi, I went to a retail sales interview last week, but I feel like I didn't do too well because I haven't heard back from them.

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to reply? I'm really confused.

I really hope I can get the job!

Thanks for your replies.

Just a tip, and this is meant to be a helpful piece of advice, and in no way is intended to put you down or make fun of you, but your written language skills would be enough to put me off hiring you.

To show you what I mean, i've re-written what you've written above. I'm not a professor of english, but it reads a bit better:

You're so rude, wtf.

the first,I will say thanks for your advice:)

but I think you also not really understand what I want to know for my question..just wonder anyone can give me some suggest about how long it may takes for get the mail.(if it takes 3 days then I won't expect to check mail all the time :D)

its not really about how I interview just I like and wish can work in the dreamworld(it must be happy) but didn't really mean about I guess I do something wrong.(but of course I'm glad to know if there is any problems from me:))

anyway..if someone knows or already get the mail then let me know pls!!

thanks a lot:)

I'd always been fascinated by people who allow themselves to be so rude and hostile, but usually you can sense there's something vulnerable beneath them - a shield they use to protect that vulnerable side. Finally, when they expose that soft spot, it's kind of touching.  Sorry I just had to add something.  :)

AlexB is saying if you can't put words on paper then you are good for nothing and you should never get a job.

I don't think Dreamworld ask you to write a essay to get a job. 

I'm not the best at putting things on paper either but look at me, I do very well for myself.

If you are going for a summer jobs at DW then they get so many applications that most people don't hear back from them.

Edited by skeetafly

Thanks everyone..

I just want to know how many days it may takes to get the reply from this job..not really mention anyone will gave other advice so..doesn't really matter...

actually English not really my mother language and I would love to learn as well as I can.

wish you guys have a good time:))

Hey Ginni, I worked at Sea World over the Christmas period last year. If I remember right, the group interview session at Movieworld was held on a Thursday evening and I think I heard back from them midway through the following week. So it was only about 3-4 business days? 

They sent me out an email offering me a position and attached the relevant paperwork, login details for the online training etc. 

Hope that helps :) Good luck!!!!

Btw..but seriously.. I hope you won't be the boss or work in overseas cuz I can feel you r not the people to try understand others,but not about even you say something u think it's right just about you read something not really point and maybe get others wrong:)

cuz no one like to be misunderstand or treat the way as you thought you are cool..maybe.

Ok just checked my Facebook for last year and yeah, group interview was on the Thurs and I heard back the following Monday at lunchtime! So it was actually within less than 2 business days ☺ However I did have previous experience with them (I worked at Sea World for 2 years back in 2004-2006) so they may have pounced a bit quicker, knowing that ?

Edited by OceanGirl

You're welcome ☺ I just added to that post about having previous Sea World experience, so don't feel too disheartened if you haven't heard back yet. If I remember right, they said at the group interview that it generally can take up to a week to get a response. They do have a lot of people to employ over the Xmas season, afterall! ??

Ok just checked my Facebook for last year and yeah, group interview was on the Thurs and I heard back the following Monday at lunchtime! So it was actually within less than 2 business days ☺ However I did have previous experience with them (I worked at Sea World for 2 years back in 2004-2006) so they may have pounced a bit quicker, knowing that ?

heap helps????????????????

I'd always been fascinated by people who allow themselves to be so rude and hostile, but usually you can sense there's something vulnerable beneath them - a shield they use to protect that vulnerable side. Finally, when they expose that soft spot, it's kind of touching.  Sorry I just had to add something.  :)

AlexB is saying if you can't put words on paper then you are good for nothing and you should never get a job.

I'm not the best at putting things on paper either but look at me, I do very well for myself.

If you are going for a summer jobs at DW then they get so many applications that most people don't hear back from them.

Hi

what I can say now..I think my question is not about writing skill so I've no idea what you guys so mean or what..but I'm also learn from this..

anyway..Oceangirl help me for what I want to know for sure already:)

You're welcome ☺ I just added to that post about having previous Sea World experience, so don't feel too disheartened if you haven't heard back yet. If I remember right, they said at the group interview that it generally can take up to a week to get a response. They do have a lot of people to employ over the Xmas season, afterall! ??

yeah..it's a season job and I hope I can work there because I know it must be happy and good experiencse for me..??

just I may have to say some people seems made me no confidence to think about it anymore?

But anyway..if I have chance I will try hard to gain even not this time?

Really appreciate❤️

Would you work there again after seeing Blackfish?

Three points...

First, if this was for seasonal hire then there may be a lot of applicants so could take a little while to hear back. 

Second, Village done usually let applicants know if they weren't successful unless you call and ask. 

Third, all applications require a cover letter. If the applicant couldn't string a sentence together in a decent fashion I wouldn't consider them for interview, so AlexBs point is valid. It's not a discrimination thing, it's an effort thing. To an employer if you can't make the effort to get that right it brings into question the amount of effort you will bring to the job regardless if the role itself requires you to write. 

13 hours ago, POP said:

I believe I already shared my opinion on this matter. Respect it.

16 hours ago, Ginni said:

heap helps????????????????

Hi

what I can say now..I think my question is not about writing skill so I've no idea what you guys so mean or what..but I'm also learn from this..

anyway..Oceangirl help me for what I want to know for sure already:)

yeah..it's a season job and I hope I can work there because I know it must be happy and good experiencse for me..??

just I may have to say some people seems made me no confidence to think about it anymore?

But anyway..if I have chance I will try hard to gain even not this time?

Really appreciate❤️

Just be weary dude that if recent years are anything to go by, it will most likely *only* be a temporary seasonal job.

I went back to SW with the intention of securing an ongoing position like I did the first time around. I was employed as a part timer and worked my ass off over the 4 weeks total I was there, I was still doing nearly 40 hour weeks. I was given a glowing review by my outlet manager (he loved that he didn't need to retrain me because I already knew what to do from last time round) and had also notified them of my willingness to stay on and full availability to do so. 

Alas, they let go of EVERYONE new come the end of January, their reasoning being due to a "downturn in seasonal attendances". A couple of school based trainees did stay on, but that's it. And I was told by one of my former workmates from my original employment period (she's still working there lol) that they have been doing it every year now. She actually warned me about it beforehand and I hadn't taken her seriously, as I was confident I would be kept on like last round. Alas.... nope. My boss was gutted they didn't keep me on and he and a couple of my workmates actually got quite angry about it (ie. They let go of the good ones and keep the cheap school based ones)

I was strongly encouraged by my boss and workmates to reapply for Easter holidays, but I immediately secured another permanent job before I had even left SW post Xmas, so I haven't gone back. I'm happy where I am now anyway, its a lot more comfortable working in air con over summer!

So yeah, just a big heads up that if my experience is anything to go by, it may more than likely be only a temporary position and not to get too excited over the possibility of ongoing employment if that's what you're hoping for. 

17 hours ago, skeetafly said:

I tried my absolute best to be as nice as possible about it. Don't put words in my mouth - i'm not saying a person is good for nothing and should never get a job if they can't write well. What i'm saying is that first impressions matter, and a job application is usually in writing and therefore is the first impression.

I've worked for years in managerial positions responsible for hiring and firing. The thing about a written application is you usually have time to prepare it, draft, review, ask someone else to take a look over it and see if it can be improved before it is submitted

A resume was my biggest pet hate - as it's not like you've written it up just for the job you're applying for - it's the same one used for all applications (and updated as necessary). If a person can't get simple things right on their resume, they won't get a second look from me.

The thing about jobs in tourism industries is that ESL folk are widely regarded, as it makes communicating with foreign tourists easier... but they still need to be able to communicate with their colleagues, managers etc. When I worked at Wonderland, they actually paid for staff to receive training in Japanese, as that was their biggest foreign market.

Getting jobs in government is even harder - where the entire process can revolve solely on a written application. There's a saying 'put your best foot forward, even if it's somebody else's'.

I think my points are valid - and it seems others do too.

13 hours ago, POP said:

I honestly don't think we should give this idiot any more attention. I've never done it, but I am really close to blocking this moron.

10 hours ago, djrappa said:

Third, all applications require a cover letter. If the applicant couldn't string a sentence together in a decent fashion I wouldn't consider them for interview, so AlexBs point is valid. It's not a discrimination thing, it's an effort thing. To an employer if you can't make the effort to get that right it brings into question the amount of effort you will bring to the job regardless if the role itself requires you to write. 

Precisely.

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

I honestly don't think we should give this idiot any more attention. I've never done it, but I am really close to blocking this moron.

Blocking is a waste of time on this site.   If I block and you can read my post but your post are hidden from me.

Blocking only works for me if it stopped the person you blocked from reading your post.

My example is-

I make a post which allows you to read it.

You reply to my post but it is not shown to me.

You might say something that is not correct but I cannot add to what you said because if I want to see your post I have to select show post.

Which defeats the purpose of blocking you in the first place.

As you can see I have blocked you but you can still comment and vice versa on the post.

CaptureAlexB.JPG.8d9ab2d41ea0bab8fbc31d9

Edited by skeetafly