Sign in to follow this  
HussRainbow

Faller Huss Topspin

32 posts in this topic

Cool man, look good, Where do you guys get theses from and how much? Where i live it hard to even find a model coaster. Thanks

Sadly to say TopSpin is one of the harder models to build, but this time round (this is my second topspin, after the first one came with so many borken pieces we just took it back) im more experienced, next model will be the FreeFall. models range from - $100 to $300 Also The WildeWasser Pirate Course is one of the harder ones too..

What ones are the cheapest? Also, does the Wildwasser use real water or is the channel just empty with gravity driven boats. BTW, do you work for a carnival ride company. I saw that coaster dynamix thing a couple of weeks ago, cool eh? Watch the video, the thing goes real fast and its funny watching peoples heads move while they watch the ride.

What ones are the cheapest? Also, does the Wildwasser use real water or is the channel just empty with gravity driven boats. BTW, do you work for a carnival ride company. I saw that coaster dynamix thing a couple of weeks ago, cool eh? Watch the video, the thing goes real fast and its funny watching peoples heads move while they watch the ride.
No I don't work for a carnival company, im 16, but wouldnt mind getting a job with O'Neills when they operate at the show! the WildeWasser does indeed use real water, with 2 pumps! also the cheapest ive seen is: Breakdancer Breakdance No.1 Flipper all around the $100 and in Sydney the Wilde Wasser was over $300

$100 isnt too bad for the breakdance, but Im more of a fan of the flume, freefall and the coaster. Too bad they cost so much. With the rides you have done, are you going to arrange them into an actual park diorama type thing with paths, trees, concession stands, adult stands and pensioner stands :P ?

I do have them set up on my model table that I have, although not like a park, it's like a carnival, with the rides crammed in all cool places, and yeah I have some trees, and some people but no benches yet, I think after Free Fall Tower, ill invest in trees, people, and benches etc...

Well i went to hobby co yesterday (while in sydney seeing the archibald prize) and had a look at some of the faller models and had a heart attach at some of the prices. There a bit dear the faller free fall model was $240. Anyway i'm off cya's

Well I wouldn't say they are a ripoff, it might be more than you'd personaly like to pay but that doesn't mean they are overpriced. You're paying for what you get, you have to remember these aren't aimed at the kiddy model toy kit market, they are targeted at serious model builders. (not to anyway imply you are a model building kid :) )

Here are pictures of my Midway, and a new pic of my Rainbow with the re-painted face.... gotta keep up with O'Neills changes newrainbow1.jpgrides1.jpgrides2.jpgrides3.jpg as you can see all rides are scale, people are scale, and trees are to scale, also down is a grass mat

Can some one tell me if all the faller theme parks rides are fully working? Are they controled by just a on/off swithch? Thanks Simon

Yes every Faller model is motorised, and certain rides have a computer, that controls the sequence of the ride. Top Spin has one, Wave swinger and Free Fall also have them, these are circuit boards that control the rides cycle. Rides like the breakdance and ferris wheel, just connect up to a power pack (12-16v) and run just by flicking the switch at your power point (note: all rides need to be connected to a power pack, the rides with computers also connect to the power pack)

Cool, Thanks for that info. Does the power pack come with the rides? or have to buy it? And what the website address for Faller? Thanks again