Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

19 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Dreamworld’s Tiger Island to get $7m revamp

tigers-ed-1000x493.png
myGC-avatar.jpg
RACHEL JUNGE
FEBRUARY 28, 2016 11:30 AM

DREAMWORLD is giving one of its most popular attractions a multi-million dollar makeover.

Apologises for the editing. Posted from my phone and was difficult to edit out GCB's million hyperlinks 

@POP is going to be so upset your post is right-aligned.

19 hours ago, bladex said:

and leave the name and facade the way it is? looks bloody ridiculous

as T-Bone posted in an earlier update - there is a wooden frame being erected over Kevil's facade - so they're clearly planning on covering it up.

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

as T-Bone posted in an earlier update - there is a wooden frame being erected over Kevil's facade - so they're clearly planning on covering it up.

Speaking of, it'll be interesting to see what the temporary shop looks like inside and whether or not they've worked it into the confines of the existing attraction or cut into it.

I think somewhere it was posted that the Maze itself would remain, with plans for it to reopen afterwards. I'd suggest then they're unlikely to be cutting into that part - although the briefing room and exit room will probably get utilised.

What a wicked storage room for the retail staff to work out of though!

4 hours ago, AlexB said:

And my eyes are upset about the way your post is rendered.....

Capture.thumb.PNG.eae3c3d4065c08c10a34df

But this is 2016. It doesn't matter if I know it's not your fault, the correct thing to do is blame you anyway. Or the gub'ment. Or the evil dirty no good cops. 

On topic though, with the picture showing the 2 areas, is that 2 areas though? The overlay looks pretty dodgy. The poles don't seem to line up where you'd expect them to. Also what's going on with the roof on the right hand side? 

I blame @POP and @pushbutton - because reasons.

I think the two areas - as @T-bone suggested would be the adult enclosure - the area we all have seen, and the cub area - which would be the small enclosure up near the lair where they used to have the (previous) cubs a while back (which is a pretty bare spot)... so it's two areas, both existing, both getting revamped.

What poles are you talking about? it looks right to me?

28 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

So each colour is for the set of matching poles. 

Note the green and red overlap.

Looking closely, it looks like the two images are feathered together - the green belonging to the right image, and the red a continuation of the left image (as the distance between poles on the left matches for the glass panels to be the same length).

It's an artists rendition, so no doubt the artist has just left it in when it should have been taken out.... (I see an arrow in the blue "water" suggesting these renditions have been taken from other products, and perhaps channel 7 has botched it instead...

27 minutes ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

pictures of the shop? have they gutted out the breifing bays?

No didn't get any. It's nothing special really. The shop is just the exit room where the screens with your score were. The door that you came through has been blocked off with merchandise. The register/counter is in the back right corner where the roof is lower, and storage through a door in a small room behind it. All the walls have shelves, and there are stands in the middle. So I couldn't tell you if the briefing bays have been gutted as you can't get to them.

Dreamworld currently have new payment options for Platinum and Happiness world passes now called memberships  instead of paying the full cost up front you can choose to pay it monthly,  fortnightly or weekly plus it also includes accessing Screamworld 2 times with the happiness pass and 4 times with the platinum pass  at no extra cost.

http://shop.dreamworld.com.au/Tickets

20 hours ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

pictures of the shop? have they gutted out the breifing bays?

19 hours ago, themagician said:

No didn't get any. It's nothing special really. The shop is just the exit room where the screens with your score were. The door that you came through has been blocked off with merchandise. The register/counter is in the back right corner where the roof is lower, and storage through a door in a small room behind it. All the walls have shelves, and there are stands in the middle. So I couldn't tell you if the briefing bays have been gutted as you can't get to them.

The closest to an inside photo I could find so far:

image.thumb.jpeg.5d187319343b0e0e55ef5ac

41 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

So we're still complaining about the facade despite the clear progress DW is making on covering it up? 

This doesn't just magically happen overnight. They have to wait for the new facade to be built, delivered, then installed, most likely after park hours so they can keep the store open. 

I am aware that they are covering it up, sorry should have made it clear that I just thought the photo looked "Interesting" LOL :P

27 minutes ago, downunder196 said:

Apologies I missed that post.

Lord Skeeta Forgives you.

26 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

It's important to say everything twice to accomodate for everyone else who only reads the latest 3 posts.

Look, I can only spend so much time while at work to read this stuff.  I would suggest if you only read the last t 3 post then not to post on anything.  If you have the time to post you have the time to read.

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn’t want to go to war & Parkz members can't read.

Edited by skeetafly

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Dreamworld currently have new payment options for Platinum and Happiness world passes now called memberships  instead of paying the full cost up front you can choose to pay it monthly,  fortnightly or weekly plus it also includes accessing Screamworld 2 times with the happiness pass and 4 times with the platinum pass  at no extra cost.

http://shop.dreamworld.com.au/Tickets

are these ones really unlimited though or just limited unlimited? :P

Edited by bladex

• Richard changed the title to Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016