Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

19 hours ago, skeetafly said:

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn’t want to go to war & Parkz members can't read.

Best post this month.

20 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

So we're still complaining about the facade despite the clear progress DW is making on covering it up? 

This doesn't just magically happen overnight. They have to wait for the new facade to be built, delivered, then installed, most likely after park hours so they can keep the store open. 

TBH - given the time we're looking at - i'd have been happy with a PVC-vinyl banner, like a giant billboard - if the current structure could hold it. theme it tiger, or generic dreamworld, and boom! done.

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

TBH - given the time we're looking at - i'd have been happy with a PVC-vinyl banner, like a giant billboard - if the current structure could hold it. theme it tiger, or generic dreamworld, and boom! done.

What we should be appreciating here is they haven't just used one of their standard laminated A4 paper signs. 

2 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

What we should be appreciating here is they haven't just used one of their standard laminated A4 paper signs. 

Maybe they are, and they just haven't put it up yet because it takes the laminator so long to warm up enough to do the 40 reams of paper they'll need to completely cover it....?

1 hour ago, Santa07 said:

They could always go down the MW route and put up a sign advertising the park from within the park...

I wouldn't call this the "MW Route" - Dreamworld started "advertising the park inside the park" a lot earlier - when they used the off-side of the Thunderbolt station to advertise to guests waiting on the opposite side of the platform.

(I searched for a pic, but couldn't find a good one - RCDB has a pic (credit @Richard) that shows just a hint of the ad-boards i'm talking about - its the shot of the train in the station, and you can JUST make out the ad-boards on the top right hand side of the roof, behind the Op booth glass.

32 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Maybe they are, and they just haven't put it up yet because it takes the laminator so long to warm up enough to do the 40 reams of paper they'll need to completely cover it....?

I would have just expected 1 small A4 sign in the middle really. 

And isn't the biggest in-park advertising we've seen the decision to move the queue of the then-Cyclone to the outside so you could see WWW?

7 minutes ago, OceanGirl said:

???

Dunno what's going on with the River Rapids atm but it's closed down and there's like a hundred mechanics in there ??

20160302_141144.thumb.jpg.a2c2b77062a9cb

Water probably all drained put through a rather large hole......

Also just looked at the photo again. Surely with that many mechanics it has to be some kind of training exercise?!? 

There what, 6 of them in there? Or did they all forget the key to the maintenance bay and waiting for number 7 to show up with the key? :P

1 hour ago, reanimated35 said:

Surely with that many mechanics it has to be some kind of training exercise?!? 

There what, 6 of them in there? Or did they all forget the key to the maintenance bay and waiting for number 7 to show up with the key? :P

There was even more of them in there to begin with, at least 10 or 12. Really bizarre. Was like a sea of blue overalls haha. That's why it seemed odd, made me wonder what the heck was wrong with the ride. Don't think it was a training exercise, not unless they are happy to kick out the handful people lined up in there in order to do so. Cuz that's exactly what they did today ??

In other non-hole digging related news, the Tiger Cub Kindy was open today ☺

20160302_121608.thumb.jpg.5b3c33aab9f859

20160302_121603.thumb.jpg.01ee4dabe1c7c8

Also finally got to go on the HWHL and it was awesome. Definitely a major improvement on the Cyclone train, and loved the loud music playing throughout which I think added to the overall experience. The dude in front of me was flailing his arms around to Freestyler as we were going up the hill, made me chuckle a bit ?

ETA: New email from DW... 

Screenshot_2016-03-02-15-53-00.thumb.png

As mentioned above, Cub Kindy is already open. Not sure why they said Thursday in the email lol.

Also, the fact that they mention the TI upgrade going ahead to celebrate its 21st anniversary makes me wonder even more if they intend to acknowledge Gold Rushes 30th anniversary (a more significant milestone) in any way... ?

Edited by OceanGirl

11 minutes ago, AlexB said:

You mean HWSW right? I assume you mean HWHL as in HotWheels HotLap which was just spoof crap posted by (i think) Totta claiming it was real.

Nope; Dreamworld had it on their Motorsports Experience page for a little while. It was actually the real name.

Edited by ThemeTendo

On 1/3/2016 at 8:04 AM, AlexB said:

Wait for it....

28 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

That looks better.. What Kevil Hill?

image.jpeg

Photo cred to TPSN

boom.jpg

Done.

13 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

But seriously, great work Dreamworld! It looks really good. 

Maybe throw a poster or 2 on the temp building advertising the charity work the park does for the tigers though? 

I absolutely agree. this will help me forget all about those horrible quickshades.

I'm very glad they've gone to the effort of disguising Kevil. My next question is - is the demountable remaining for the duration? If so, then they really need to do as you suggest and put some posters up. Not sure how good an idea it is for the breaker box to be accessible to guests either. 

I kinda feel really bad for picking on them about it, since they've done such a great job with everything else, but BECAUSE they've done a great job with everything else it'd be nice if they put some posts up, or better did a full wall wrap around the bare demountable with something that fits the theme.

• Richard changed the title to Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016