Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

3 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

I figure a full wrap probably wouldn't be allowed by the company that hired them the building, hence the poster idea. Plus, DW seem to do this great work for the tigers, but don't seem to promote it as much as I feel they should. 

Yeah - I guess wrap was the wrong word - I meant like printed board, that would stand in front of the demountable kind of like you see at box office or convention kiosks at temporary events - like this:

photo1.jpg

36 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

The demountable is only whilst the white Cubs are in quarantine. Not sure how long that is, but assume they'll move into the new Kindy area once that period of complete and then goodbye demountable?

I did think that might be the case, but also thought perhaps the Cubs wouldn't spend 100% in the outdoor habitat either... so wasn't sure if the demountable is staying around longer - they have built it into the Kevil facade (green board placed between shop and back of demountable) so i figured it'd be staying around as long as the cub kindy is - given that otherwise, they'd have to re-do the entire Kevil facade...

8 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

THAT ONE!

kevil.thumb.PNG.5efe7cde8ddb122f03b17d48

But seriously, great work Dreamworld! It looks really good.

Maybe throw a poster or 2 on the temp building advertising the charity work the park does for the tigers though?

As if it really matter that some of ZE is still revisable anyway this is only a temporary attraction while tiger island is getting it's reverb we can't expect an amusement park to make a temporary  attractions perfect whens it's worth it as it's temporary if this was permanent then I  can where uses are coming from. 

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

As if it really matter that some of ZE is still revisable anyway this is only a temporary attraction while tiger island is getting it's reverb we can't expect an amusement park to make a temporary  attractions perfect whens it's worth it as it's temporary if this was permanent then I  can where uses are coming from. 

The "but seriously" part didn't give it away that I wasn't being serious about seeing just the smallest part of KH? 

The posters were a suggestion to make use of the available space on the side of the temporary building on the left while not doing anything that would likely be in breach of the lease agreement of the building. 

10 hours ago, RabbitohsFan1 said:

hey guys. I'm new here btw. I'm heading down to Dreamworld tomorrow. Any photo requests?

• Please don't use a potato.
  • Please don't heavily edit or use filters to try and 'improve' them.
  • Definitely leave the saturation alone
  • Don't take shots on diagonals to be 'artsy' - unless you are actually an artist.
  • Good photos of overall areas are great. If you see something interesting, and you take a photo close up, don't forget to take a wider shot so we can see what it is in context.

End of the day, if you're taking photos of things to show people what has changed at the park since the last time someone took a photo of it, then it doesn't really matter what the quality is like, so long as we can see it, but if you're going to present it as quality, make sure it is.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :)

hey guys had a great time down at Dreamworld and white water world today. umm sorry I didn't get very good photos because I got distracted. haven't been for a while so I thought id enjoy my day to the fullest. I got a couple of shots of the new white tiger cubs from japan. if the club kindy thing is just a temporary attraction I must say they have done a great job with it. used the space very well. wipeout, log ride and the giggle and hoot hop and hoot was closed for scheduled maintenance. 

DREAMORD:

GIANT DROP: walk on. was my first time on the giant drop and I will say wow. very fun ride. great free fall feeling. i must say though the paint around the entrance in that little tunnel is peeling very badly.

TOWER OF TERROR: 20 min wait. not much to say about this one. really love the tower of terror. even though it doesn't go the full way up the tower anymore, still very enjoying. very loud though. every point in the park it can be heard. the aircon in the queue was also a nice addition.

TAILSPIN: walk on for most of the day. not my favourite ride but its still looking great.

BUZZSAW: about 30 min wait. (only had  ride op. is that normal for this ride?) but yeah very slow loading and unload due to there only being ride op. stupid people scratching the wood effect paint off on some of the support beams in the queue.

HOTWHEELS SIDEWINDER: walk on. very quiet all day. pretty much the same as cyclone but with a new theme. although the on-board audio was a good edition not Shure about the song choice. the hotwheels sidewinder hasn't even been open that long yet there is a fair built up of bird crap on the top of that weird hotwheels car track thing in the middle of the queue. the track really needs a paint.

WHITE WATER WORD:

so decided to head over here to the slides to cool off in the afternoon. all the slides except the triple vortex are badly feeding. can they repaint these? Green room was down. 

TRIPLE VORTEX: 10 min wait. still boring except for the last tunnel. the ride is still looking great. really nice guy up there as well. hyping kids up saying that you go upside-down in the tunnel but it happens I a second so that's why you don't see it. hahaha they stated screaming just before they hit the funnel.

SUPERTUBES: 35 min wait. (again with only 1 ride op.) very slow moving queue due to the 1 ride op. I find that this one of the park most popular slide yet they put 1 ride op on it? although it took 35 mins it is still a fun slide. oh yeah and the shade sail things are a good idea and they do help a little with the sun, they really need to be changed. the steel holding it up is rusting very badly and rusting onto the shade sails. so they are a brown/green with brown rust stains.

WEDGIE: walk on. very fun. no real complaint except for the rough slide surface. I had a t-shirt on but it flicked up a little and it scraped my back.

LITTLE RIPPERS: 15 min wait. maybe the most faded of them all?

Hopefully the photos aren't to potatoish? sorry about the lack of photos and th date thing in the corner of the pic.

P1010619.JPG

P1010620.JPG

P1010621.JPG

P1010622.JPG

P1010623.JPG

P1010635.JPG

P1010636.JPG

P1010637.JPG

Edited by RabbitohsFan1

42 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Does anyone what's happening with River Rapids since Oceangirl took an photo of it with a hundred and 1 mechanics around it DW does have anything about there website and it's only scheduled for maintenance from the 25th of March.

Perhaps it was just a standard breakdown/ evac and it is back to normal now? 

4 minutes ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

@reanimated35 you will be happy to hear Shockwave is clean

I'm probably being overly critical here, but while it's great the rubbish is gone, it sucks the dirt and general unpleasant look is still there. Not to mention the foam ball from the nearby play area. 

• Richard changed the title to Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016