Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

1 hour ago, aaronm said:

Giant Drop could use a refurb though, that station and queue has all the charm of a bus shelter. Swapping out the seats for those used on Lex Luthor would definitely improve the ride experience as well.

Well I'll say this much the Giant Drop in a way doesn't look to bad at all apart from what you said about a bus shelter queue. I would personally like to see the Motocoaster get TLC ever since it was built nature has pretty much looked after it apart from some maintenance from time to time.

8 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

For reference, this is how high ToT2 is currently running.

tot.JPG

No it's not. That's an undershoot. I've seen it go higher than that heaps of times, usually it at least makes the O in 'OF'. It was for most of yesterday when I went ?

ETA* And previously for the past year before that. It hasn't gotten any worse in that time from what I've witnessed. 

Edited by OceanGirl

Could there be something about night time operation - cooler track, cooler wheels that might indicate less speed \ more friction?

if the track \ wheels have cooled down, they could contract, ever so slightly which would leave more space for the train to 'hop' ?

i'm no engineer - just speculating...

Went to DW again today not much different then the last time a week ago TOT2 reaching the F of the OF sometimes slightly lower, rote a post in Eureka topic about what a staff member said was or wasn't happing with it, Sidewinder coaster was going non stop today apart from that everything perfectly the same, I couldn't get any pics of Tiger Island as even all the fine gaps have been filled on temporary fencing but I can confirm that the Tiger Island sign have been removed as well as everything else.

Only negative about the day would probably be the Dodgems they have a height limit of 110cm to be a passenger which is fine, but they have a height limit to drive at 120cm no age, do you personally think there should been an age as well due most younger just don't really know how to drive and cores clog ups (traffic jams in other words) so by the time you get threw half your time on the ride is gone. If you wait 30mins for a 2-3 minute ride you want to spend it driving and bumping into other cars not in a pile up on the track.

Dodgems don't have a 110cm height requirement. My 3 year old has been going on the dodgems at DW for over 6 months and he still isn't 110cm yet.

if being able to drive is a pre-requisit of dodgems it would be a damn boring ride... Half the fun is smashing kids endlessly spinning around haha

Whoever told you the height limit is definitely wrong...  I remember counting down until my son was tall enough to go on it when he got 100cm but our passes ran out before that...  Meanwhile happily on the MW ones now he has hit that mark..." I also agree with @Brad2912 as does my son given he was pointing at people that he wanted me to bump into... 

Oh and this is straight from their website...

The Skadoosh Bumper Cars are family fun at its best where kids can learn how to drive a dragon with mum or dad as their passenger. Set amongst a busy marketplace, the arena features brightly coloured festival dragon cars which dart and manoeuvre at the whim of the junior drivers.

Features

Description

Min.Height Restriction

Driver 120 CM, Passenger 100 CM

3 hours ago, Wyncenuros said:

Whoever told you the height limit is definitely wrong...  I remember counting down until my son was tall enough to go on it when he got 100cm but our passes ran out before that...  Meanwhile happily on the MW ones now he has hit that mark..." I also agree with @Brad2912 as does my son given he was pointing at people that he wanted me to bump into... 

Oh and this is straight from their website...

The Skadoosh Bumper Cars are family fun at its best where kids can learn how to drive a dragon with mum or dad as their passenger. Set amongst a busy marketplace, the arena features brightly coloured festival dragon cars which dart and manoeuvre at the whim of the junior drivers.

Features

Description

Min.Height Restriction

Driver 120 CM, Passenger 100 CM

Sorry I always thought it was 110cm to be a passenger.

But I wasn't meaning kids who are with there in car I was meaning kids who driving by themselves who some aren't very experienced and can cause pile ups,  I  once watched the Dodgem cars and cars were that jammed up  because un experienced kids the ride attendant had to stop the ride to move the cars out and free them manually I'm saying they shouldn't drive I'm simply saying they should have a  more experienced driver with them until they reach a certain age to benefit all it's fun until you get stuck in a pile up and half your time is gone after waiting up to 15-20mins sometimes or even longer.

Nothing thrills a little guy (or girl) more than being able to jump behind the wheel of their very own "car" and try to drive around the track. For many, it's their first experience driving without mum or dad beside them. Inserting abitrary age restrictions means children who are more experienced (who might race go karts or moto-x or similar) aren't allowed to drive a dodgem car - and that blows. Once they reach the height requirement, let them drive!

Trial and error teaches them how to drive them properly, and the more we allow them to do it by themselves, the more they learn. The ride is about having fun, and i've no doubt that these kids are having buckets of fun.

Sometimes pile ups happen, but if you can't avoid it - look for the weak spot and try to hit them so that they will be bounced out of the pile up - a good bump in the right spot can undo a pile up without operator intervention.

Dodgem cars are also known as bumper cars. Bumping is half the fun - so enjoy it! If you weren't allowed to bump, it'd be a very boring ride of people driving very slow go karts in a circle... and that is no fun.

I'm sorry but I just can't agree with your complaint.

Just made a quick visit to DW and got to see Tiger Cub Kindy for the first time. All 5 tiger cubs were in there today, along with 3 handlers. They were doing a bit of small commentary every now and then. They were also taking photos of them up close on peoples phones, if you made a donation to the DWF. Here are a couple they took for me:

IMG_2431.JPG

IMG_2436.JPG

Overall, the area was really well done, especially for a temporary attraction. And it was good to see they were promoting DWF plenty.

I checked out TI progress, and I couldn't notice anything different from what others have said, except it seems that big tree to the right of the area, that someone said was removed, still seems to be there. I was surprised when someone said it had been removed, especially since it was such a big tree.

Wipeout did get stuck at one point (position it got stuck in shown below) and was only closed for about 20 minutes and then reopened. The water level of Wipeout seemed a little lower than I remember, but I could be mistaken.

IMG_2442.JPG

IMG_2443.JPG

And here is the level that TOT reached today

IMG_2461.JPG

• Richard changed the title to Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016