Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

I'm at DW, it's dead, all the rides that I have been on have been a walk on, I went to MW today as well, it was packed, I had to buy Fast Track, Scooby Doo looked like it would be 2hr+ if you didn't buy Fast Track, any requests while I'm here? and for those who might be asking, Hot Wheels is a walk on, 

Would you mind grabbing some photos of the river please. With all the back and forth arguing over whether it's healthy or not I'm curious of its current state.

Also the area under the Shockwave. Has it returned to being a rubbish pit?

Otherwise just some general pics of the park would be nice.

Thanks @The_Ninja_59

Edited by reanimated35

18 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

Would you mind grabbing some photos of the river please. With all the back and forth arguing over whether it's healthy or not I'm curious of its current state.

Also the area under the Shockwave. Has it returned to being a rubbish pit?

Otherwise just some general pics of the park would be nice.

Thanks 

I'm heading over to the river right now, :)

will check on Shockwave very soon

@reanimated35

Ok I just checked on the river, I'm very happy to confirm that the river is actually clean for once! no plastic bags in the river at all, the water is crystal clear, good job Dreamworld, ?? will upload pictures when I get in, will most likely see the Beat-Box show again tonight

I will also get some pictures of the park, your wish will be accepted 

Edited by The_Ninja_59

@reanimated35

Ok reanimated, here are the pictures, :) as you can see Shockwave was pretty clean, however there was one plastic bottle right near the station, no foam balls from MAD JUNGLE JAM, at this moment I can upload photos that I took around the park

anyways here's a few pictures that I took around the park for you, sorry if any of these pictures don't really interest you,

River: 

image.thumb.jpeg.86615016ebbabbefc6d6e7e

image.thumb.jpeg.d7b3c8fdb338b6e49777b41

image.thumb.jpeg.d9515bb0c62e481e6b920b9

Shockwave:image.thumb.jpeg.93bd59af8b63aa94bee1702

the park itself , (didn't go in the Gold Rush area which means, that I didn't have a look at Eurkea, sorry guys!)image.thumb.jpeg.fb711e190ef234d585ff9deimage.thumb.jpeg.f264bc2be1d061c63c94a8eimage.thumb.jpeg.73d757f4a307e5bee2a6e1cimage.thumb.jpeg.227aab0bef9add7371980bfimage.thumb.jpeg.c48576b2913aac76aade45a

Edited by The_Ninja_59

yesterday when I was the HWS just before the ride was about to begging I heard two employees were talking to the two guests in front of me that there would be a new feature to HSW where riders would choose a song to listen on ride, Dreamworld wanted the ride to open on Boxing Day, If they implemented this feature on the ride, the opening date of the ride would get pushed back, this feature is due to occur after the ride reopens from it's maintenance period 

Edited by The_Ninja_59

Sounds like a cool extra.

Mate - please try and proof read. I assume it's auto-correct getting involved, but I don't think rides can beg (but they probably can begin), and I don't believe you were ever the HWS. (Although I'm sure this story occurred when you were AT the HWS)... also - can we be consistent with Acronyms? Are we talking "HollyWoodStunt" or "HotWheelsSide" ?  ;)  :D

24 minutes ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

yesterday when I was the HWS just before the ride was about to begging I heard two employees were talking to the two guests in front of me that there would be a new feature to HSW where riders would choose a song to listen on ride, Dreamworld wanted the ride to open on Boxing Day, If they implemented this feature on the ride, the opening date of the ride would get pushed back, this feature is due to occur after the ride reopens from it's maintenance period 

That would be cool. Is that what you can do on Rip Ride Rockit at USF? 

Thanks @The_Ninja_59! Appreciate it. 

A few points:

> One thing is clear from the pics, DW is severely lacking shade. 

> Shockwave needs a floor or something, just something to make it not so.....'blah' underneath. 

> DW needs more shade.

> The river looks great, but the restaurant needs something done to make it look good at that angle.

> Kevil doesn't fit the gamzone next to it, or the Flowrider beside it. 

> It would be a lot better if there was more shade at the park.

> Dough Bro looks good and fits the area well. 

> The park needs more shade. 

29 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

A few points:

> Shockwave needs a floor or something, just something to make it not so.....'blah' underneath. 

> DW needs more shade.

> The river looks great, but the restaurant needs something done to make it look good at that angle.

anytime reanimated :) I will most likely be at the park tomorrow, you want any photos of Hot Wheels or the MotorSport area at any chance?

6 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

Does anyone else think that the shockwave has great potential to be THEMED well into ocean parade as opposed to being a dead space?

It's much better than MDMC hands down,

speaking of the Motorcoaster on DW's map, Dreamworld now claims that TOT2 and MDMC is now part of Main Street, I guess these two rides are in a themed land after all..

1 hour ago, reanimated35 said:

A few points:

> DW needs more shade.

Well look on the bright side Whitewater World has lots of shade so 1-2 is better than 0-2. :D

7 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

A few points:

> DW needs more shade.

Shade is the new turbines.

For those who don't want to follow dubious links, it's the Zip line that runs through Fremont St in Las Vegas.

You gotta have a lot of length for these to be good. They're shit capacity, so it'd be an upcharge too. Yay for 12PPH! I don't remember what Eureka's capacity was, but it was a damn sight better than this... You should work for VRTP - you'd be the perfect person to replace high capacity classic attractions with low capacity attractions!

but why?

although we have been without Skylink for some time, you'd once again be replacing a nice, family friendly, rock solid attraction with high capacity with something you'd have to upcharge for, with terrible capacity, that would appeal to only a few percent of your overall demographic.

most people who would want to ride it wouldn't want to pay for it, and most people who could pay for it, wouldn't want to ride it. You'd be left with a white elephant - just as bad as the one installed at WNW GC - that despite the considerable expense they went to to install it, i've not once ever seen it actually operate.

Please no more dumb ideas for 2016?

• Richard changed the title to Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016