Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

I never got to do ZE, but always enjoyed the AvP. It was a good attraction, and as already stated, something people wanted to do have go at. 

I am pleased that TI is getting a refurbishment. Hopefully it's what was supposed to happen last year, with seating for crowds to make watching the talks easier. It would have been great if DW did use the building for a dark ride, but I'm not complaining. There is are a number of other spaces that could be used for a dark ride.

Why would you want them to spend several million on relocating a ride instead of buying a new one. Just think how long the empty space will then have to sit there because they wasted their capital on pointlessly moving the ride. 

Best case scenario for it will be to get a cohesive theme in that area where it is now, then buy a couple of new trains for it matching the new theme. 

Edited by reanimated35

6 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

Why would you want them to spend several million on relocating a ride instead of buying a new one. Just think how long the empty space will then have to sit there because they wasted their capital on pointlessly moving the ride. 

Best case scenario for it will be to get a cohesive theme in that area where it is now, then buy a couple of new trains for it matching the new theme. 

That does make more logical sense I do agree I think a change in theme will eventually happen it appears ardent is attempting to make the themed areas flow better  instead of random placement of attractions like in the past 

4 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

I am wondering though how the new Tiger area will flow, since half of it will be near ocean parade, and the other on the other side of Kung Fu Panda land.

I think it's going to be attached to The Lair, seeing that KE is right behind that is where the Cub's enclosure would be

If all this is true, this would be my guess. 

The area in red forming the whole tiger island setup (how that would be broken down I'm not sure) with the blue representing the entrances. The yellow could form a new store OR, the blue near the yellow wouldn't exist as an entrance, and instead would be the rear of the exhibit with the kevil entry now forming a new shop/staff area. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.0f0c67f53c96596f1c15c3

If it  is the expansion of Tiger Island I would of thought it would of been done for it's anniversary last year but you never know may be if it is an expansion of tiger island of course they something in Gold Rush Country next the year after it's anniversary like tiger island something I don't know EUREKA.:D

40 minutes ago, Ashley said:

If it  is the expansion of Tiger Island I would of thought it would of been done for it's anniversary last year but you never know may be if it is an expansion of tiger island of course they something in Gold Rush Country next the year after it's anniversary like tiger island something I don't know EUREKA.:D

I think you'll be waiting a while for that :P

1 hour ago, themagician said:

^Are you a legit WWW worker?

I confirmed shockwave as a disko coaster and also confirmed the steam train to return to a somewhat regular running. I have also announced some ideas thrown around while Macquarie were in charge including a giga that never came to fruition due to the whole town centre deal. There was also plans for a jungle cruise inspired ride after captain stuart had closed permanently but was not built due to research conducted that the ride was not viable. ( The powers that be thought there would not be enough ridership.)  was once known as www worker but have since changed emails and forgot the old password. Eureka was in the plan to reopen but cyclone came up, it is still on the table and high up in the priority list. Facebook replies are just that don't want to confirm anything, like what happened with the huge www expansion (which they are still approved for but that doesn't mean it will happen fair way down on the list) I prefer the money spent on refurbishment as well as rhe bosses.

P.S For those wondering I started at www when it opened worked at WNW for 3 months. In those 9 years have been able to work up to upper management. 

P.S.S Movie World's world class attraction has nothing on DW's New ride this year 55M to be spent on both parks leadin to 2018 including 1 or 2 refurbishments

Edited by www worker 2.0

33 minutes ago, www worker 2.0 said:

P.S. Movie World's world class attraction has nothing on DW's New ride this year 55M to be spent on both parks leadin to 2018 including 1 or 2 refurbishments

Well that is around 18.3* Million a year for the next 3 years than. That could get something decent for Dreamworld. Like a roller coaster that is Cedar Point standard or a B&M. An actual full circuit roller coaster.

1 hour ago, reanimated35 said:

I want to believe, but you seem to be contradicting yourself sometimes. 

Well no one at Ardent know what VRTP have planned while they have three major parks. We have 1 and a half parks, big brother house and blue lagoon including the arena for BB live shows will be demolished by the end of the year in prep for 2018 ( it will be a huge construction project in that area around September) 

1 hour ago, Tim Dasco said:

Well that is around 18.3* Million a year for the next 3 years than. That could get something decent for Dreamworld. Like a roller coaster that is Cedar Point standard or a B&M. An actual full circuit roller coaster.

Do not know how to multi quote on this forum the Mack for MW may not be heading there ;)hy 2018 DW and WWW will not be the same.

Gold Rush won't be the same by year's ends

Edited by www worker 2.0

10 hours ago, Ashley said:

The expansion/ renovation for Tiger Island was indeed planned for 2015, however it was put on hold a few days before construction was due to start. I'll give you 3 guesses as to why it was stopped. It got as far as markings being made on the concrete in the area.

10 hours ago, www worker 2.0 said:

I confirmed shockwave as a disko coaster and also confirmed the steam train to return to a somewhat regular running. I have also announced some ideas thrown around while Macquarie were in charge including a giga that never came to fruition due to the whole town centre deal. There was also plans for a jungle cruise inspired ride after captain stuart had closed permanently but was not built due to research conducted that the ride was not viable. ( The powers that be thought there would not be enough ridership.)  was once known as www worker but have since changed emails and forgot the old password. Eureka was in the plan to reopen but cyclone came up, it is still on the table and high up in the priority list. Facebook replies are just that don't want to confirm anything, like what happened with the huge www expansion (which they are still approved for but that doesn't mean it will happen fair way down on the list) I prefer the money spent on refurbishment as well as rhe bosses.

P.S For those wondering I started at www when it opened worked at WNW for 3 months. In those 9 years have been able to work up to upper management. 

P.S.S Movie World's world class attraction has nothing on DW's New ride this year 55M to be spent on both parks leadin to 2018 including 1 or 2 refurbishments

This Guy

• Richard changed the title to Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016