Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

^Went on one of those 12D Cinemas today in Busselton, WA.

Huss also makes some interesting-looking movie based rides (Soarin' much?). It would be great to see one of our parks get something like this.

http://www.hussrides.com/en/film-based-rides/movie-base

IMG_1468.JPG

IMG_1472.JPG

IMG_1470.JPG

IMG_1469.JPG

IMG_1474.JPG

IMG_1473.JPG

Edited by iwerks

Yeah. But when we were talking about transforms the ride. That is a whole completely different ride. They are completely different to this 12D cinema.

just wondering why is it 12D. 4D is this "4D film or 4-D film is a marketing term for an entertainment presentation system combining a 3D film with physical effects that occur in the theatre in synchronization with the film. Effects simulated in a 4D film may include rain, wind, strobe lights, and vibration." So what is the diffract between that and 9D or 12D. However I thought all we know of four dimensions so how can we have 12?

Edited by Tim Dasco

I always thought a Soarin' concept ride would be great for Sea World if you could fit a smaller version into their old 3D theatre. 

I know DW is an Aussie park I just think SW could pull it off better flying over Gold Coast or Australia or through different oceans and places like Canada where the Polar Bears are. 

In terms of what I'd like is to see the park continue refreshing itself and open Euerka, let MW have their big coaster this year and come back fighting the year after. 

Edited by Original

Just now, The_Ninja_59 said:

for those who didn't check the Eureka topic. AusParks posted this.. do you think they might know something about Eurkea's future?image.thumb.jpeg.75d61702f218a0afa9dfd07

Nope; I think they were just posting photos of their day at the park, and was teasing those who want it back with a photo of the ride. Seems logical, right?

5 hours ago, Original said:

I always thought a Soarin' concept ride would be great for Sea World if you could fit a smaller version into their old 3D theatre. 

I agree. Flying over Australia would definetely be the option to go for, just think of all the places. 

- Uluru

- Great Barrier Reef

- Sydney Harbour

etc. 

I feel that would be an awesome ride. ??

In the early 1990s I went in a special cinema in a theme park in LA. It was in a dome shaped tent like structure. The video wasn't on a flat screen, it was all over the interior of the dome. You had to stand while watching it, but that did mean you could easily turn around to see the parts of the video behind you. 

With recent VR developments,you can now get a similar experience in your own home. However, I'm imagining something similar to that dome, but the video would be in 3d, and in todays super high image and surround sound quality (like Dolby Atmos).

Put a ride in that which combines the movement of a small coaster with the 360° movement of the vehicle and the seats, and add some effects like water, snow, lasers, heat, cold, fire, smoke etc, maybe use a few animatronics and holograms too, and I'd say you could have an absolutely awesome ride. 

It would also have the big advantage that the theme and content could be changed every year or two. That would effectively give the park a virtual new ride on a regular basis at fairly low cost after the initial investment!

What could make the above ride even more incredible is if the "movie" story had several different endings, and they were selected at random so each time you rode you had a different experience.

Edited by pushbutton

8 hours ago, xRazzBerryx said:

I agree. Flying over Australia would definetely be the option to go for, just think of all the places. 

- Uluru

- Great Barrier Reef

- Sydney Harbour

etc. 

I feel that would be an awesome ride. ??

Not to get sidetracked but if you're doing this sort of attraction at Sea World, sticking to places like the Pacific Northwest, Great Barrier Reef, the Arctic/Antarctica, and a whole heap of spectacular beaches and off shore lighthouses 

2 hours ago, joz said:

Not to get sidetracked but if you're doing this sort of attraction at Sea World, sticking to places like the Pacific Northwest, Great Barrier Reef, the Arctic/Antarctica, and a whole heap of spectacular beaches and off shore lighthouses 

Ahh yes very true. Those places would definetely work better if the attraction were to be at Sea World. Sea World does need more attractions, but I would rather see them put decent rides in, rather than just adding a heap of lower quality rides. QUALITY > QUANTITY in my books ??

Anyway.. I think I'm getting sidetracked from the actual title of this thread ? 

18 hours ago, pushbutton said:

In the early 1990s I went in a special cinema in a theme park in LA. It was in a dome shaped tent like structure. The video wasn't on a flat screen, it was all over the interior of the dome. You had to stand while watching it, but that did mean you could easily turn around to see the parts of the video behind you. 

Sounds like CircleVision 360...?

• Richard changed the title to Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016